Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Western Pa Crawlers - Club Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Great banner and License Plates...Now everyone will know who owns these rigs... Thanks to JP Customs (run2jeepn)

Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #122
jrn

Hey John they are sweet .Now where do we get them at .Later john
jrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #123
I wanna be Dave

I got them from JP Customs RC (Run2Jeepn). I was thinking of having him do them for W.Pa.C. like my Avatar. They are cool.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #124
Pebble Pounder

are we getting them with our names on them???
razor rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:03 PM   #125
jrn

ok ty John
Old 04-04-2007, 06:35 AM   #126
I wanna be Dave

Mascman, Polyophio and I started a conversation over in the Apollo thread that I feel should be here. We are going to complete the conversation here. The links below will get you up to speed.

Proposed GTG for W.PA.C in APOLLO

Last edited by Rckcrwlr; 04-04-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:25 AM   #127
RCC Addict

It seems that alot of the other clubs have scale runs. We could do a follow the leader course and eliminate rigs as they get stuck or back up.

As far as what makes a rig qualify as a scaler. IMO looks should be #1

I think we all agree that my silverado is scale. Even when I throw on the 22's w/40" Mickey Thompson's!

As far as the servo on the frame. It adds to the scale apperance, but sacrifices capability. I think we should make it a requirement, but we should prolly vote on that.

ladder frame-definately

limit travel-

wheels fit in wheelbase-

I think we all agree on everything except the servo mounting position. How many scalers do we have anyway? I think four and another in progress. Poly's Landy, Lewis' Hi-lift, Mike's Bronco, my Silvy and Mikes "under conscruction" Diaz leafer. They all seem to fit within the specs. Oh I have an 30 degree RTI ramp almost finished. I'll bring it next time.
What does everybody else think?
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #128
I wanna be Dave

I'm going to be adding to the mix here soon...

They key is to be consistent. What we decide on is how it will be run. That is the beauty of setting up a club. I know that SVSC has a 2.2 Unlimited. We can do what we want.

I like the follow the leader deal. That would be great and maybe get some others into building the scaler.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:56 AM   #129
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
Only problem with that thought is you are eliminating some of the members from being at every event. We don't want that. If we have them we need to run them. Not everyone has four rigs . If we are going to have the classes we need to run them all.

We don't want to make someone feel that they have to have multiple rigs to be involved in the club.

Let's move this over to the Club info Thread...

I doubt that every member will be able to make it to every gtg. Not every location we go to will have terrain suitable for all 3 classes. No sense in running scalers in a giant boulder patch. But you can still bring your scale vehicle along just for the fun of it.

To be honest we will have a harder time finding challenging terrain for the super class then anything else.

I plan on attending every gtg I can no matter if we run supers, scale or 2.2 comp. I probably won't even compete in many of the comps. I'll still show up and have a good time. That's what is all about anyways.

Just remember this is a hobby for most of us. If it's all about competition then your just going to ruin the fun for everyone.
polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #130
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyophio View Post
I doubt that every member will be able to make it to every gtg. Not every location we go to will have terrain suitable for all 3 classes. No sense in running scalers in a giant boulder patch. But you can still bring your scale vehicle along just for the fun of it.

To be honest we will have a harder time finding challenging terrain for the super class then anything else.

I plan on attending every gtg I can no matter if we run supers, scale or 2.2 comp. I probably won't even compete in many of the comps. I'll still show up and have a good time. That's what is all about anyways.

Just remember this is a hobby for most of us. If it's all about competition then your just going to ruin the fun for everyone.
When I say competition, it doesn't mean the fun is gone. I started this club for the love of the hobby and to give people with the same interests an out to share their passion for the sport. The comp part of it gives us a chance to test all the work we have done to our rigs. Some people have built awesome rigs and never really "tested" them. (Me being one of them).

I have been in RC mainly Nitro and built some awesome rigs only to run them in circles in a parking lot. I wasn't going to do this with this hobby. Hence the Club...

The points race gives you something to strive for...it isn't cut-throat.

The main objective is to enjoy eachothers company and push the limits of our rigs.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:31 AM   #131

well guys the diaz semi scale 2.2 truck is done i originally planned on a 4 leaf setup but two of the the leafs broke due to me drilling hole to close to edge .... so it is now leafs in front 4 link in rear 2.2 tires on tlt axels and my servo can go either in the frame rails or on the axel my tires poke out of the body but i do not have widners or anything like that more than half tread on each wheel is sticking out so i dont know what class im in but where ever i end up that class is in trouble cause this things mean 75 turn lathe motor 11 tooth pinion gear and 87 tooth spur xl10 speed contol locked tranny and axels this thing has all kinda lowend grunt and might i say that diazs chassis is a piece of art it looks so good i dont wanna drill any holes in it........i think if it has frame rails, unwidened tlt axels, one servo in front and 95% of the body uncut, and 2.2 tires should be allowed cause i thik that 1.9 tires are a waste and boreing to watch and not capable then i vote it to be scale the 2.2 comp class should be chassis that arent real like a sw2 or those ones that are 2 plates with all kinda holes and can articulate like crazy and are wide tlt axels. in my opinion thats the way it should be but i agree its not cut throat we are all freinds getting together to enjoy this great hobby every class should get to run we shouldnt discriminate .....were all freinds
phat crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:15 AM   #132
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat crawler View Post
well guys the diaz semi scale 2.2 truck is done i originally planned on a 4 leaf setup but two of the the leafs broke due to me drilling hole to close to edge .... so it is now leafs in front 4 link in rear 2.2 tires on tlt axels and my servo can go either in the frame rails or on the axel my tires poke out of the body but i do not have widners or anything like that more than half tread on each wheel is sticking out so i dont know what class im in but where ever i end up that class is in trouble cause this things mean 75 turn lathe motor 11 tooth pinion gear and 87 tooth spur xl10 speed contol locked tranny and axels this thing has all kinda lowend grunt and might i say that diazs chassis is a piece of art it looks so good i dont wanna drill any holes in it........i think if it has frame rails, unwidened tlt axels, one servo in front and 95% of the body uncut, and 2.2 tires should be allowed cause i thik that 1.9 tires are a waste and boreing to watch and not capable then i vote it to be scale the 2.2 comp class should be chassis that arent real like a sw2 or those ones that are 2 plates with all kinda holes and can articulate like crazy and are wide tlt axels. in my opinion thats the way it should be but i agree its not cut throat we are all freinds getting together to enjoy this great hobby every class should get to run we shouldnt discriminate .....were all freinds
I just got up from passing out. Did you type this in one breath? I tried to read it...No punctuation.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #133
Rock Crawler

The worlds longest sentence! ;)

Hey Phatcrawler...what about putting the leafs in the back? It would look like a truck that has coils up front. (Thought about this with my Bronco)

There were a lot of trucks with coils in front, leafs in rear, but I don't know of any the other way around. Not trying to be ignorant, I'm just throwing out an idea to ya.

What body are you running?
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:21 AM   #134
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascman View Post
Hey Phatcrawler...what about putting the leafs in the back? It would look like a truck that has coils up front. (Thought about this with my Bronco)

There were a lot of trucks with coils in front, leafs in rear, but I don't know of any the other way around. Not trying to be ignorant, I'm just throwing out an idea to ya.
Not stock but after a SAS.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascman View Post
What body are you running?
...a Silverado does!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcrawler
I'm a chevy ridin hot boy!
Chevy Thunder
Old 04-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #135

proline chevy silverado........i would like a hilux toyota body but im not into paying all that money for something that ill end up cutting up .........well my suspension works great as is ....and ive seen many real trucks built for 4 wheeling with leafs in front and 4 link in rear ....
Old 04-06-2007, 05:35 AM   #136
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat crawler View Post
well my suspension works great as is ....and ive seen many real trucks built for 4 wheeling with leafs in front and 4 link in rear ....
I was just makeing a suggestion...don't get upset.

Lets see a pic.
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:58 AM   #137
RCC Addict

HAPPY EASTER WPAC!

And I hope the weather gets nicer. See you guys on the rocks soon
Old 04-08-2007, 10:21 AM   #138
jrn

Thumbs up

Happy Easter from the Neiman's also Ps Do not eat to much like i'm going to do
Old 04-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

John,
Too Late. I wish you would have reminded me earlier. Heading to me next carnage.

Happy Easter everyone...
Old 04-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #140

happy easter....................:

Last edited by phat crawler; 04-08-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: wrong smiley face