Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: The WRC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #101
Rock Stacker

Default Re: The WRC

You can count me in. I have never been but always wanted to go

I love the Peugeot better than the Suzuki, but there both bad ass!!!
BasicMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #102
Gettin’ back on the horse

Ditto!

Does someone want to figure out what the tickets are for?
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #103
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakel View Post
I'd be down!

Tickets for Pikes Peak International Hill Climb [Tempo Tickets]

Basically, looks like $44.15 per ticket, but we could try to scam a family 4 pack for $147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
I was just going to say the Suzuki Escudo is way uglier.

What do you buy tickets for? There are hiking trails everywhere to get by the road.
Yeah but last time I went they had alot of the trails closed because of that reason..
I'm down, I see on the PPihc website 2013 Spectator Guide | PPIHC 4 pack is $135 + $100 for a camping permit for saturday night per car. Hell we can all fit in my truck then pop up tents.. with 4 of us it would be about $59 a person. 8 people and we can fit in my truck ( if they allow us to sit 2 in the bed) $46 a person.. Lets do this!!!! Oh AND the Suzuki is just out right SEXY being around racing all my life there is nothing ugly about those cars..
Crazyloon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #104

And Rally Argentina went right on by.

Another awesome finish from the VW team finishing 2nd and 3rd.

Here are the top ten:

1.Loeb
2.Ogier
3.Latvala
4.Novikov
5.Neuville
6.Hirvonen
7.Ostberg
8.Mikkelsen
9.Sordo
10.Prokov

Looks like Hirvonen is having a rough season so far, definitely seems out of character compared to how he was last season. And of course Ogier is running away in the points standing with 122 points already compared to the closest (Loeb) with 68 points followed by Hirvonen with 57 and Latvala with 49.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #105

I came in the middle of this conversation, if you need another person for the package deal, count me in. Always wanted to go.
lone wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post
I came in the middle of this conversation, if you need another person for the package deal, count me in. Always wanted to go.
Cool sounds like we have four for the family pack.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:36 AM   #107
Rock Stacker

Not sure if you guys know about firstrowsports.eu Sometimes they show live rally races on there, along with every other sporting event. Just make sure you have a browser with adblock on it! lots of pop ups otherwise.
Ell206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #108

Not sure if everyone has been keeping up but the season has been really good! So nice that Loeb isn't around winning every race. Australia was last weekend and great.

The long and short of it:
Danny Sordo is gone and Kris Meeke took his place. I really like Meeke, but he has had some bad luck the last two races. In Germany I think he rolled, then in Australia he rolled then ripped the rear off the car. He was sitting in 2 place on day one and just had a bit of bad luck.

Ogier is one point away from sealing the win for the season. Latvala is actually not doing bad either. The surprising point Nueville is sitting in 2nd place for the season right now.

Hirvonen can't seem to catch a break this season, hasn't been able to keep pace and seems to be having some rotten luck.

VW is leading the manufacture's series, but the margins are still small so it could change, I doubt it though.

This has been the most eventful season I have watched in years though. 3 more rounds of the season left; France, Spain and GB.

There is some Speed channel 25 minute previews of all 3 days of Australia on youtube right now, plus all the other rounds you may have missed.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Not sure if everyone has been keeping up but the season has been really good! So nice that Loeb isn't around winning every race. Australia was last weekend and great.

The long and short of it:
Danny Sordo is gone and Kris Meeke took his place. I really like Meeke, but he has had some bad luck the last two races. In Germany I think he rolled, then in Australia he rolled then ripped the rear off the car. He was sitting in 2 place on day one and just had a bit of bad luck.

Ogier is one point away from sealing the win for the season. Latvala is actually not doing bad either. The surprising point Nueville is sitting in 2nd place for the season right now.

Hirvonen can't seem to catch a break this season, hasn't been able to keep pace and seems to be having some rotten luck.

VW is leading the manufacture's series, but the margins are still small so it could change, I doubt it though.

This has been the most eventful season I have watched in years though. 3 more rounds of the season left; France, Spain and GB.

There is some Speed channel 25 minute previews of all 3 days of Australia on youtube right now, plus all the other rounds you may have missed.
I seem to be having a hard time finding the day in rview vids for the last two rallies, do you have a link to a youtube channel that has the last couple of rallies?
Stburr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Thanks man.

It's been a good year so far. I thought Citroen would have been better, and of course, VW has surprised everyone by winning right from the start.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #112

It really has. I'm not sure what has been going on with Citroen. I think Loeb must have taken the good vibes with him when he split from the full season. I really hope they hang on to Kris Meeke though, all around great driver and down to earth guy.

Everyone new that Ogier was going to do really well and could win the series, but I think the reliability of VW was the only big question. Everyone can forget about that, those cars seem to drive amazingly well and are pretty tough.

I forgot to mention Chris Atkinson looks to be coming back as a full factory drive next season for Hyundai. He was caught test driving the new car on the stages in Australia. Some of that can be seen on the Australia coverage.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
It really has. I'm not sure what has been going on with Citroen. I think Loeb must have taken the good vibes with him when he split from the full season. I really hope they hang on to Kris Meeke though, all around great driver and down to earth guy.

Everyone new that Ogier was going to do really well and could win the series, but I think the reliability of VW was the only big question. Everyone can forget about that, those cars seem to drive amazingly well and are pretty tough.

I forgot to mention Chris Atkinson looks to be coming back as a full factory drive next season for Hyundai. He was caught test driving the new car on the stages in Australia. Some of that can be seen on the Australia coverage.
Yeah, Citroen has some decisions to make for next year, but I still think Hirvonen, and Sordo are a solid combo.

It would be cool to see Chris Atkinson, and Peter Solberg driving for Hyundai next year.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Hey, I got a question for you Rally purists, whatcha all think about the Global Rally Cross stuff??

Just got done watching a bit on ABC Network. It looked pretty cool to me and way closer to what we all do with RC Rally cars than the traditional WRC racing. You know what I mean?

Just a feeler on opinions, that's all.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

Hmmm,..... awesome response fellas. Thanks for your time.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #116
Quarry Creeper

Bob,

I think rally cross is quite a bit different that rallying.

I've never been able to get into rally cross because 90% of it is about the start. There is so little passing, that the guy with the best starting position gets to the corner first, then the race is pretty much over.

We need to get back out to Frick for a rally run sometime soon.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #117

I would agree with that. Don't get me wrong its fun to watch, just nothing like the WRC. The one thing I really don't like about the GRC is it reminds me of bumper cars more then anything. Now how it used to be with 2 cars at a time I really liked, it pitted the drivers against the track, not the guy trying to pit maneuver your car the entire time.

And thats why we race two cars at a time in our CRC series. And are attempting to have a stage rally as well.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #118

And skipping ahead its already GB time! I love this rally. So many amazing drivers have won and lost the championship here.

This season has just flown by!

Preview: Wales Rally GB 2013 - YouTube

And I really miss these old cars.
HISTORY REVIEW/ Wales Rally GB 2013 - Rally of Legends - YouTube
Old 11-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

tangent but thought this was great (found on r/rally):

Rally driver admits he has no idea what his co-driver is saying.

pretty good satire.
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:56 AM   #120
Rock Stacker

Now that's funny
Raven28 is offline   Reply With Quote

The WRC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where is the WRC? Scattman Chit Chat 2 06-07-2011 11:48 AM
The best of wrc crash 2004 666 Chit Chat 8 08-24-2010 04:06 PM
WRC on HD theater slobin3d Chit Chat 16 10-19-2009 08:20 PM