Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Bully

Notices

Thread: Bully 2.2 Black Delrin Inverted Servo Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
ok thanks,,,has anyone run the servo flipped with the horn nearest the tire instead? does it clear?
I tried this as one of my options when building mine up and it hits the link mount. You might be able to make it work but when it throws the other way your ball joint will hit the servo/axle tube before you get full throw and mine wouldnt go lock to lock without a longer servo arm. With the horn in the middle mine will steer all the way over to the gearbox side of the tube but i made sure that it had 1mm of clearance and the knuckles were at full right lock and then adjust the endpoints the other direction to get full right-left.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

I don't know if you have seen my risince I have made the new Gear Case Links but I only have a shock mount connected to the axle tubes now,,and the front is actually on the opposite side from the servo,,so link and link mount clearance isnt an issue
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:15 AM   #43
RCC Addict

These are BACK IN STOCK, and ready to ship within 2 business days!!

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...06#post2143506

We still are offering the BRACKET ONLY version, but have also gathered the required hardware and can now offer a KIT version. The KIT adds:

2 - 1/2" Aluminum Spacers
2 - 5/8" Aluminum Spacers
4 - M3 Blk Oxide 30mm Hex Cap Screws
2 - M3 Blk Oxide 10mm Button Cap Screws
2 - M3 Zinc lock Nuts
10 - M3 SS Washers (5 for under screw heads & 5 for shims if needed for the spacers or steering linkages)

Prices for both versions are listed at the top of this thread. We also have revised the shipping packaging to prevent shipping damage. The heavy envelopes are replaced with cardboard boxes.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Mine is on the way. Cant wait
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Got my Kit today, WOW that was fast shipping!!!

I got it all mounted up tonight. I just have to shorten my steering link and get a longer servo arm.
jeepsohigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

I was part of the first 10 to ship but haven't had a chance to post an update until now. Super fast shipping and ok packaging. Mine didn't have any damage, but I definitely agree with shipping them in a cardboard box/package to help protect them a little better. He also threw in some delrin rod already drilled for spacers, just cut to fit and it's all good. Got mine done fairly quickly, the worst part was finding screws long enough. If I had it to do again, I would get the kit, but it wasn't available when I ordered mine, so yeah.

I have mine mounted with the servo mounts/ears on top of the plate, with the horn side positioned closest to the gear case. Because of clearance issues, I had to go back to using a thinner aluminum hitec servo arm instead of my truty Robitronics, but it's not even an issue since the arm is so well protected now. It was a biotch to get everything mounted up correctly, but that's just the nature of the setup, not the fault of the part itself. With the plate firmly bolted into place, there is no movement or twist with a 333oz servo, and I doubt it would change much with an even higher torque servo. Other than protecting the servo horn, the clearance is the best feature it provides. It gives just as much as an ota or bta setup.

This weekend I ran my first comp with this setup and came in 1st, and many of my lines could not have been ran without the extra clearance this mount gave me. I also thrashed on the rig pretty hard in a few spots and the servo horn was unharmed! Great product Xirtic, I look forward to seeing what else you come up with in the future!

I'll post up some pics here sometime this week to show my setup.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

I've seen a few of these mounts being used like what I had to do, with putting the servo on the top of the plate due to the servo arm being too close or hitting the axle tube. The problem I've found is not the problem being the servo, but the arm. I just installed the new 7950 MG servo by placing it correctly (bottom through) into the plate. I found that my aftermarket arm was sticking past the actual cog too far. The arm that came with the servo wasn't as long as I wanted, but I drilled out the last hole with a #37 drill bit and ran a SS 3m bolt through it for threads.
I think the solution would be to find out what arm works best and include that in the recommendations/instruction sheet with the servo mount. I did clearence the mounting surface of the axle tube a bit with my dremel since i was seeing it hit and I got all the clearence needed.
I feel that this mount is by far the best design for the Bully, it just takes some "tweeking", and the right match of parts to make it work to it's FULL potential.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
I've seen a few of these mounts being used like what I had to do, with putting the servo on the top of the plate due to the servo arm being too close or hitting the axle tube. The problem I've found is not the problem being the servo, but the arm. I just installed the new 7950 MG servo by placing it correctly (bottom through) into the plate. I found that my aftermarket arm was sticking past the actual cog too far. The arm that came with the servo wasn't as long as I wanted, but I drilled out the last hole with a #37 drill bit and ran a SS 3m bolt through it for threads.
I think the solution would be to find out what arm works best and include that in the recommendations/instruction sheet with the servo mount. I did clearence the mounting surface of the axle tube a bit with my dremel since i was seeing it hit and I got all the clearence needed.
I feel that this mount is by far the best design for the Bully, it just takes some "tweeking", and the right match of parts to make it work to it's FULL potential.

Thanks for the input. I did add the servo arms to a list on the Vendor Sales Page for this product. I added models that I have used successfully, but the only 2 servos that I have tested are the Hitec 5955 and the Skyion 144oz (CEN Servo). Unfortunately the slight variances in setups require some tweaking of the setup itself. The tolerences in plate design to get this to work correctly were tough to make fit the "standard"....so the little bits of tweaking required are not a complete surprise. I appreciate that you are feeling that the tweaking is worth the effort. I believe this as well....so I plan on continued support/production of this product. It has served me very well, and I believe that it will serve all of you as well. Batch #2 has 4 mounts left....if they sell out, I will order another batch of 20. I am just waiting to see if they do continue to sell. The last thing I want is to be sitting on a pile of parts that nobody wants...when I could be working on new parts that people do want. (like my steering/suspension links *hint*)
Old 12-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

I say if it forces you to fab or tinker to fit your setup you've gained atleast knowledge. I am 100% positive that this is the best possible mount for the Bully's steering issues. With the correct arm, it's bolt on, with some "mild" fab work it's worth the effort.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Shot me a PM. I want to give one of these a try.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Got mine works great
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #52

Badass! PM sent
GHOSTRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #53
RCC Addict

I am truly glad that you all are enjoying the new mount!!!

As of NOW, we are OUT OF STOCK!!! I am placing an order for another 20 units, and I hope to have them in a week or so.

Thanks for embracing this new product. I will change the status in the VENDOR THREAD to reflect current stock status.

Josh
Old 12-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #54

Got my Kit today, I cant wait to see what result soon!
THANK! xirtic
GHOSTRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:39 AM   #55
RCC Addict

As of NOW, we have units IN-STOCK (20)!!!

Thanks for embracing this new product. I will change the status in the VENDOR THREAD to reflect current stock status.

Josh
Old 12-23-2009, 06:24 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Ordered 2 of these bad boys, one for mine and one for my son's rig. Mounted mine up a few days ago, and was very impressed with how well thought-out the product is. Installed easily and looks great.

Last edited by papabash; 12-23-2009 at 06:28 AM.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:11 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Based upon some customer requests, I have looked into making this mount in laser-cut 6061 Aluminum. This change will end up increasing my costs by quite a bit, and would result in a $5 increase in price for this product. ($20/mount or $25/KIT).

Would this price increase be acceptable for this change in product? Or would you prefer to keep the product at the current price point and still in Black Delrin?

I am about to run out of stock of the current Delrin brackets, so this is when I would want to order what you all are looking for. ALSO, modifications to the mount by you will take a little more work to fit your needs...Delrin is so easy to modify..aluminum takes a little more patience. Thanks for your input.

Josh "Xirtic"
Old 01-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

i like the delrin as long as it holds up to getting the bajebbies knocked out of it. like jumping off the end of the world when comping on rip-rap
samaruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaruki View Post
i like the delrin as long as it holds up to getting the bajebbies knocked out of it. like jumping off the end of the world when comping on rip-rap

As long as it is installed as explained in the Vendors Thread (Without a bend at the gear case) I see no reason why it will not survive about anything. I have put mine thru some serious SMACKS and no breakage. You even have one of the handcut white delrin prototypes (I still run one)...and it holds up great. The steering links should protect the leading edge of the mount from impact. And without the bend at the gearcase, it should be GREAT.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

X's 2! IF some other want Aluminum, then lock in how many whould prepay for them to be run. There's plenty of time to decide or wait till the spring seasons start and with the COLD,alot of us are just building.

I my self and waiting for a modified prototype to test, BUT, I am perfectly happy with the strength of my hand cut white delrin one. the only reason I could see running aluminum, is if you were to fabricate a twin tube sort of roll bar "thing" over it to help protect the servo it self. (hey not a bad Idea) Just my .02 even tho it's now only worth .00000624