Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: mongoose rs10 build!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default mongoose rs10 build!

ok so i placed the order for all my parts for my rs10 heres the price break down.

ZNO-RC

-stage 2 narrow chassis kit: $30.00
-bat wing elimination kit: $22.50
-clear bead lock wheels: $40.00
-shiping: $4.95
--------------------------------------
total: $97.45

CKRC

2-pairs CKRC high steer knuckles: $45.98
2-mongoose crawlers setups: $181.98
2-MG995 servo's: $35.98
2-CKRC servo horns: $13.98
- 2-3 day shiping: $9.50
--------------------------------------
total: $287.42 (ouch)
------------------------
all together total: $384.87 (OUCH)
AND I STILL HAVE TO GET BENT LINKS LOL... RAN OUT OF BUDGET MONEY LOL.

AS SOON AS MY PARTS GET HERE I WILL BE UPDATING WITH MY BUILD PROGRESS.
talon0713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

let us know about ZNO-RC clear parts and how they hold up good luck with the build
gunatrytocrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunatrytocrawl View Post
let us know about ZNO-RC clear parts and how they hold up good luck with the build
i will definitely do so. i also just got in my pro line hammers courtesy of camobob 12$ special to mount on my zno clear wheels woot.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

So much for keeping it cheap...
GreMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

yaaaaa about that lol... i was gonna keep it cheap and then i found the mongoose setup and i had to try it out lol. thats the price you pay for being a test dummy lol.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:14 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Nothing wrong with being a test dummy But you don't to test everything Just giving you crap, make sure you take tons of pictures and tell us your opinion.
GreMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
jwo
Rock Crawler

you can make some bent links out of brake line. i have been making brake line links for a long time with no issues. you can get a 6 feet pretty cheap and make all your links. some 4-40 screws it the tube, crimp them on, cut the head off and put on some end ball links and your good to go. much cheaper then buying axial ones.
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

f@!$#@$%ck my mongoose setups are on back order till friday from CKRC... f!@#%$$ckers... guess i will just have to wait till next week to set em up... f!%$#@ck...
Old 05-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Cant wait to see the build! If usps doesn't drag there feet to much you should have your parts by the weekend.
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I'll be waiting for those reviews too.
EZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #11

if the mongoose set-up works well, they may just be getting more business.
let us know how it all works out.
seven_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

That sucks ckrc was quick with my stuff both times. but that dosent help you any . Any way , you get to run the hammers yet?
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

no i havent ran them yet. i was waiting to mount them on the zno wheels. my zno stuff should be here by this weekend so i should have some info on it up soon. although its really tempting to throw the hammers on now they look like they will work pretty good although the hight does have me a little bothered because the hammers are a bit short.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

dont worry they are grippy enough to drag/push you through about anything. I think they were worth keeping on and taking a little different approach to a line.
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

ok well i was taking apart my rs10 and i have heard alot of people complain about the motors grub screws and i found my self that i have a dozen hex keys for that but i cant for the life of me find a dam hex for the wheel hex grub screws and i have like 5 billion microscopic allan keys but none that fit that lil bugger. if anyone could give me a hint on what size it is that would be great because i really want to put my axial high steers on lol...
Old 05-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

ok so i got my zno-rc parts today. wow these things are pretty lol. well lets start with the bat wing elimination kit.

the kit went on well and comes with everything you need. as well the guys at zno are very helpfull if you have any questions on how to install it. also it has 3 different holes so you can clock your axles as well as the tie rod ends that come with it are a bit longer and if you get some short traxxis tie rod ends that will give you all kinds of variances in clocking your axles to your liking. heres some pics of what it looks like.

i havent had a chance to run my truck with all the new parts but i will give a durability post as soon as the rest of my stuff gets here from ckrc.

Last edited by talon0713; 05-09-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

ok now for the stage 2 narrow chassis kit.

ok well for starters this is not recommended for anyone that doesnt have a little bit of fabing experience. for starters you have to drill out all the mounting holes as the hard wear that comes with it is a bit larger then the stock hard wear and doesnt fit in the holes. i also dont recommend drilling out all of the holes on the bottom battery tray only did the farthest out ones for the links and the closest nes together for mounting the tray. also another thing i noticed was not all of the holes lined up straight (could have been my drilling to though lol) and is a very tight fit and takes a bit of tweaking. i definitely recommend leaving ALL screws a little loose untill they are all started to allow play to wiggle the others in. heres some pics of the build.

these are the holes that i was refering to only drilling the 2 furtherst appart not all 3 or not 2 right next to each other as the holes might become weak because they are pretty thin after drilling them out.

now for the bad things i did notice about the narrow kit. the tray does not have any holes drilled for the antenna mount or holes drilled for the on off switch so if you are still runing stock esc and you want to mount your switch you are going to have to drill and tap your own holes. (unlees they change the design lol). other then that it looks great and is way cool.

Last edited by talon0713; 05-09-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

ok now for the extras i did. first thing is i added some aluminium spacers about 9/32 thick to the bat wing block and with the narrow kit the links are dang near parallel so its pretty much a 4 link setup. i just used the longer bolts in the kit on the block and the shorter ones to mount the link to the chassis. heres some pics of it before and after

and thats that for that extra.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

now for the next extra courticy of zno-rc.

well i got the opportunity to try out the first prototype servo tray for them and its looking good right from the get go. well without high steer knuckles it will still work but your link arm will be at a bit of an angle but it should still work no problem. again i havent got my parts from ckrc yet so i dont know how its going to work with the high steer knuckles so i will let you guys know when i get the parts.

also there is a small gap at the bottom of the tray which at first had me concerned but then i got it all mocked up and there was still way more then enough strength there and also thought well hey this also leaves room for say if you get a set of servo's and they are a bit larger they will still fit right in. and there is nothing bad to say about this prototype it went in super easy and seems like it will be very strong. anyway heres the pics.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

and with all of that being said i will have more up on durability of the products as soon as i get my parts from ckrc and get to do some bashing.

also i didnt forget i will be leting everyone know about the mongoose setup and how that works out as well hope you all enjoy.

big thanks to zno-rc for everything cant wait to get these parts out for some crawling and see how they do. so far im happy with them and i have a good feeling they will hold up well for a long time.