Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2015, 09:29 PM   #161
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler

nice start there, need a lil boost on ur front links by the looks of it.
JCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2015, 10:50 PM   #162
Quarry Creeper

That's a helluva nice chassis, the one i made my buddy isn't nice at all but get's the job done, he just got some new rc4wd mud bashers

aftershock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:25 PM   #163

Thanks guys. I made some spacers for the shocks and added a few millimeters to the front links. I also cut some brass tubing for spacers in the lower link mounts. I like the way it sits, but I will probably need slightly smaller tires to avoid rubbing on the fenders under a compressed suspension while turning. Either that or just trim the fenders.

BMoreScale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #164

droopdog: It won't take long to get the $$$ into upgrading any rc rig depending how crazy you get. I told myself in the beginning that I was going to upgrade/mod my Wraith as I went,,,WRONG! I'm close to $1k, including the initial $400 RTR cost, w/ modding. As they say, hindsight IS 20/20 & if I were to do it again I would do JUST THAT,,MOD AS YOU GO! If you do want to compete even in a beginning/sportsman class the Axial brand crawlers are the only ones that you can run in the Axial Fest which occur across the US. If that's not your deal then "run what you brung".

I know I'll get some "backlash" but after seein a lot of trail rigs run on youtube the Wraith is very competitive, if not the best rig, outta the box w/ no upgrades. Get both if you can handle the financing.

This is an excellent thread. Never thought of makin the Everest into an "official" trail rig & I will definitely hang w/ this thread & get some ideas on doin just that.
NorCal69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:46 PM   #165

thanks for the advice. im still deciding what i really want to get, but right now its been put on the back burner for a little while as some things came up that need to be taken care of. i think i will be ok with upgrading as i go, as ive done just that with my nitro rc's with out going too overboard so far. hopefully i keep it up.
droopdog666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:25 PM   #166
Rock Stacker

I have seen several posts about torque twist but not many solutions other than heavy springs which don't help flex or crawling performance. I have two Maxstones which are The same machines as the Everest. To me the worst thing about them was the torque twist in stock form. My solution is i boarding the links to fix geometry problems. One of mine is still on the stock frame the other is in a Gmade R1 chassis. The stocker uses the stock skid only cut down with delrin cross members to hold the links. The R1 is a home brew skid. I have virtually zero torque twist now on either one even running a 10t in the stocker and 13.5t 5 pole on 3s in the R1. Looks like I don't know how to attach both pics to this post so I will put one is a post by itself.
Attached Images

mowheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:28 PM   #167
Rock Stacker

This is the home made skid on the R1 chassis.
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2015, 08:54 PM   #168
RCC Addict

am assuming by I boarding you are saying in-boarding or rather
moving the links farther inboard at the chassis.
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #169
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabron View Post
am assuming by I boarding you are saying in-boarding or rather
moving the links farther inboard at the chassis.
Yep. Typo. Ment "inboarding". Sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:41 PM   #170
Rock Crawler

Just about got my E10 complete. Been collecting parts, and finally started on it yesterday. Fallowed Robotron's lead and used the X-Trail chassis.
Please forgive the quality of the photos. Used my sport cam and the wide angle lens makes everything goofy lookin.

I got a pair of HSP lockers with gears for $16.00 so I figured I'd try them. They're a direct drop in unit. I mirrored the tranny and installed MIP cv's. The front one is super close to the spur, but it doesn't hit. I mounted the shocks inboard so the tires wouldn't hit them under full articulation, and they work. No torque twist! This thing is level, even in a hard crawl with the rear tires in a bind. Got lucky on that one! Shocks do run very close to battery and almost hit the chassis, but they don't I cut about 1/4" from the upper links to improve the caster and pinion angle. Without doing this the caster is way off which causes the tires to lean really bad when steering. Wont steer worth a damn and looks stupid. Ground clearance is a bit high. 4" @ bottom of chassis with 100mm shocks, but I prefer lots of clearance, so this works for me.
I cut the radio plate from the battery tray, mounted the battery tray as far forward as I could and mounted the remains that I cut off directly behind the tranny. I bought a homes esc, but last minute I elected to install a Axial ae5. Going to see lots of water and mud and I cant bring myself to do that to a new esc lol. I am still in amazement at how well this thing crawls. The super swamper tires don't perform quite as well as I'd hoped, but they aint bad either. Plus I love the looks of them on the new wheels. Now to paint the Bronco body. I hate painting!
So, now that's it's done, I could have bought a Wraith for what I've got invested in a Redcat. I love the way this thing has transformed and I like the fact that it's mine and that it's my own creation, but dammit! I coulda had a Wraith!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #171
Quarry Creeper

Having driveshaft issues like crazy with this, the grub screws keep slipping off so i made some indent in the output shafts seems to be holding up better also put a 27t motor in it and man does she move also had to install a axial wraith stock steering servo because the redcat one took a shit maybe too much water idk but the axial one works good

Old 03-19-2015, 06:46 PM   #172
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftershock1 View Post
Having driveshaft issues like crazy with this, the grub screws keep slipping off so i made some indent in the output shafts seems to be holding up better also put a 27t motor in it and man does she move also had to install a axial wraith stock steering servo because the redcat one took a shit maybe too much water idk but the axial one works good

How many cells are you running? I'm running a 27T on 2s and never had to touch the drive shafts.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:20 PM   #173
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepiac View Post
How many cells are you running? I'm running a 27T on 2s and never had to touch the drive shafts.
Lol 3000 mah nimh hump pack
Old 03-19-2015, 08:45 PM   #174
Rock Crawler

Maybe I'm to easy on mine I'll have to try harder
Old 03-19-2015, 09:10 PM   #175
RCC Addict

that 3000 nimh hump pack is still just a 7.2 volt pack equivalent to a 2s lipo
it is the voltage that gives you the oomph, the amps gives you the lasting time
go to a 3s lipo for more jump off the throttle as well as a lot higher top end
Old 03-28-2015, 11:07 PM   #176
Rock Crawler

Finished my use to be E10 tonight. Got to take it out for some trailing last weekend and my setup worked awesome, so I came home and ruined it.
Decided to dress it up with a Bronco body, Aluminum wheels, bumpers, 13mm wheel spacers, aluminum light bar and 14 led's Looks pretty cool, but I hit the eight pound mark I think it's going to crawl like a fat girl in high heals But it sure will look cool when it's not upside down
Old 03-29-2015, 12:50 AM   #177
RCC Addict

a fat girl with high heels upside down looks pretty cool too
specially after several beers

a crawler in the hand is worth two in the bush

those wideners will make up for many sins
Old 03-29-2015, 06:58 AM   #178
Rock Crawler

You're right about the wideners. They helped a lot!

Fat girls are like mopeds. Fun to ride till your friends see ya.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:06 AM   #179
RCC Addict

the two things that helped the most on my rs10 were wider wheelbase and longer wheelbase
1/2" extra on each side did the trick and 13.25 to 13.5" length and I could go over most things
then of course new servos and lowering the cog and new tires and moving the shocks onto the axle housing ...
haha

did I mention 3s lipos, bent links,

is there a slipper clutch on the Everest?

Last edited by cabron; 03-29-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:00 PM   #180
Rock Crawler

No slipper clutch, but I'm sure there's something that will fit it. I haven't looked into slippers cause mine doesn't have that kind of power yet.

A deeper look within the Redcat Everest 10 crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The new redcat everest-10 crawler? terrywolfpack Redcat Crawlers 83 06-29-2016 01:41 PM
New redcat racing Everest-10 terrywolfpack General Crawlers 7 11-15-2015 08:40 AM
deeper offset rims!!!! minicrawlerguy530 Tires and Wheels 22 10-15-2014 06:55 PM