Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > RPP Hobby

Notices

Thread: RPPHOBBY.COM- Post public questions,suggestions, or feedback here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2017, 05:07 PM   #3261
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RPPHOBBY.COM- Post public questions,suggestions, or feedback here

Placed my first order in a LONG time on Monday morning, the box was waiting for me when I got off of work today.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2017, 08:29 PM   #3262
Quarry Creeper

Will shipping guy still sketch drawings on the packaging if you ask him? I've still got some of his box art from when I used to order frequently.
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:55 PM   #3263
I wanna be Dave

Hi dieselmudder,

Sorry, "Shipping Guy" has been working in production at Gear Head RC for several years now. Not sure we will ever be able to offer that again with our increase in orders. The only way for us to continue to shock people with our order processing time is to get the orders out as quickly as possible, leaving little time for box art.

-Jim
RPP Hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmudder View Post
Will shipping guy still sketch drawings on the packaging if you ask him? I've still got some of his box art from when I used to order frequently.
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:00 PM   #3264
Rock Crawler

LOL now we gotta spend BIG money (hence Gearhead) just to get some cool box artwork..
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:17 AM   #3265
Pebble Pounder

RPP Hobby does not honor returns on brand new RC4wd faulty/damaged parts.

I recently purchased 3 pairs of 1.9 Flashpoint tires, and received tires that were deformed and would not mount on RC4wd rims. I contacted RPP support immediately upon receipt, and was advised by RPP that RC4wd "prefers" to deal with their own warranty claims, and my info was forwarded to RC4wd customer support. 2 weeks later, after extensive communication with RC4wd support, I received replacements from RC4wd, including another deformed tire

Just something to be aware of, especially when purchasing tires that may or may not have mold imperfections

For the record, I have been a happy repeat RPP customer for years. This is the first time I've ever had an issue, and I was disappointed and surprised that an exchange was not offered. I also submitted a PM to RPP here on the forum, just to advise of the situation and received no reply. Anyways, carry on.
Bad Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:26 AM   #3266
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
RPP Hobby does not honor returns on brand new RC4wd faulty/damaged parts.

I recently purchased 3 pairs of 1.9 Flashpoint tires, and received tires that were deformed and would not mount on RC4wd rims. I contacted RPP support immediately upon receipt, and was advised by RPP that RC4wd "prefers" to deal with their own warranty claims, and my info was forwarded to RC4wd customer support. 2 weeks later, after extensive communication with RC4wd support, I received replacements from RC4wd, including another deformed tire

Just something to be aware of, especially when purchasing tires that may or may not have mold imperfections

For the record, I have been a happy repeat RPP customer for years. This is the first time I've ever had an issue, and I was disappointed and surprised that an exchange was not offered. I also submitted a PM to RPP here on the forum, just to advise of the situation and received no reply. Anyways, carry on.

Should read there policies first. Looks pretty clear to me.

We have prepared a worksheet that explains our returns process and policies. Please click here to download the worksheet in PDF format. (Requires Adobe Reader)

Product Warranties and Guarantee's:
All warranties and guarantee's, including missing items, are handled directly by the original manufacturer of that item and should be sent to them, not RPP Hobby. Most product warranties are handled with the manufacture. Every manufacturer's policy is different; in some situations, the manufacturer or supplier may prefer to handle the issue directly and RPP Hobby will not be able to offer you a solution directly. In any case, we will help you follow the proper channels in order to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Most manufacturers will repair or exchange defective products according to their warranty policies. If the manufacturer does not handle your claim to your satisfaction, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #3267
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohn929 View Post
Should read there policies first. Looks pretty clear to me.
10-4 thank you for the intel
Bad Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:21 AM   #3268

I'm about to order $150 worth of stuff. The total was $154.01. That's great because it gives me free shipping. Well then I subtracted the $15 off coupon which brought my total down to $139.01. That's awesome except for the fact that shipping is now $20.61. So my total is actually more if I use your coupon. I often find this to be the case. Something has to change there. This forces me to go to your competition that offers free shipping at much lower minimum order amounts.

I also realized you just stopped accepting chats on Facebook. So now it's harder to get in touch with you. Not good. Your customer service is going the wrong way.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 04-11-2017 at 10:46 AM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:55 PM   #3269
I wanna be Dave

JatoTheRipper,

Sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your shopping experience.

We would love to give free shipping on all orders and gobs of discounts to everyone, but it is simply not possible.

We will look into our competitors' free shipping minimum order and see if it's something we can change.

As far as getting in touch we us, we are available by phone, e-mail and on this forum (and two others). With so many social media options, we found we were not able to keep track of all the messages coming from so many directions.

We appreciate your business and all the others on RCC that have trusted our service and speedy order processing over the years.

-Jim
RPP Hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'm about to order $150 worth of stuff. The total was $154.01. That's great because it gives me free shipping. Well then I subtracted the $15 off coupon which brought my total down to $139.01. That's awesome except for the fact that shipping is now $20.61. So my total is actually more if I use your coupon. I often find this to be the case. Something has to change there. This forces me to go to your competition that offers free shipping at much lower minimum order amounts.

I also realized you just stopped accepting chats on Facebook. So now it's harder to get in touch with you. Not good. Your customer service is going the wrong way.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:20 PM   #3270
Quarry Creeper

I just tallied up my spendings and in the last 2yrs.... let's not tell my wife but you have a lot of my hard earned $$,$$$.... easily cleared the 5 digit mark.... and you will continue to get my $

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Honcho907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:50 PM   #3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPP Hobby View Post
JatoTheRipper,

Sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your shopping experience.

We would love to give free shipping on all orders and gobs of discounts to everyone, but it is simply not possible.

We will look into our competitors' free shipping minimum order and see if it's something we can change.

As far as getting in touch we us, we are available by phone, e-mail and on this forum (and two others). With so many social media options, we found we were not able to keep track of all the messages coming from so many directions.

We appreciate your business and all the others on RCC that have trusted our service and speedy order processing over the years.

-Jim
RPP Hobby
In my opinion, if you want to remain competitive the free shipping minimum needs to change even if it's lowered only to $100. Or maybe start a membership or "club" like a competitor or Amazon, etc, with a yearly fee that gives the members better coupons and lower free shipping prices.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:41 AM   #3272
Quarry Creeper

Fantastic service, once again! Ordered Thursday and had my package on Saturday! That's after a screw up on my end that forced me to request a change to my order. The wheels are amazing -- love them!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
pastimesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #3273
I wanna be Dave

Can anyone post up some info on the RPP annual get together at Lake Mendocino in October. Wondering about format and what kind of events will be held? thanks
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:14 PM   #3274
I wanna be Dave

Hi Ernie,

We are working on the details for Saturday. We are considering running both team and solo classes to make it a little different.

Friday will be similar to last year with manufacturers, demos, free BBQ, raffles and open driving on our crawler course and pulling track.

Keep your eye on our Facebook events page for more details:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/rpphobby...=page_internal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Can anyone post up some info on the RPP annual get together at Lake Mendocino in October. Wondering about format and what kind of events will be held? thanks
Ernie

Last edited by RPP Hobby; 05-26-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:29 PM   #3275
I wanna be Dave

This may have already been asked but I'm just wondering what happened to the salvage yard. I used to be able to grab all kinds of useful and like new take offs but it's dwindled to a couple owners manuals and parts bags. Any chance of this turning around having bodies, chassis, axles, wheels, tires, you know, good stuff, or are the salvage yard days numbered? I'd hate to see it go and seems to me it was plenty profitable. I know it's big business on eBay, plenty of RC chop shops there but I'd rather get it from you guys. Thanks RPP.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #3276
I wanna be Dave

Lack of axial kits/rtr for parts ?

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:57 AM   #3277
I wanna be Dave

Good point.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #3278
I wanna be Dave

SCREAMER,

mikemcE is correct. It will likely be a while before there are any parts in the Salvage Yard.

Thank you for your loyalty,
Jim
RPP Hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
This may have already been asked but I'm just wondering what happened to the salvage yard. I used to be able to grab all kinds of useful and like new take offs but it's dwindled to a couple owners manuals and parts bags. Any chance of this turning around having bodies, chassis, axles, wheels, tires, you know, good stuff, or are the salvage yard days numbered? I'd hate to see it go and seems to me it was plenty profitable. I know it's big business on eBay, plenty of RC chop shops there but I'd rather get it from you guys. Thanks RPP.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #3279
I wanna be Dave

I was sorta hopin I was wrong

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:06 PM   #3280
Quarry Creeper

Just wondering. When will the pre-orderd proline 4runners be shipped? Been seeing them pop up everywhere all sexy and painted up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Honcho907 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#rpp, #rpphobby, rpp, rpp hobby, rpphobby