Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: My take on a scale drivetrain (pic heavy)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #821
20K Club

The hosting on his site ran out, that phone number listed goes back to GoDaddy.

He hasn't made contact with anyone as far as I've found, even his web guy.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #822
www.team3sixrc.com

Wow! Seriously still!

I warned some of you guys to act on this.

I wonder what a jail feels like during christmas holidays?

Out of all the shitbags that have been on RCC. This one tops them all.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #823
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Wow! Seriously still!

I warned some of you guys to act on this.

I wonder what a jail feels like during christmas holidays?

Out of all the shitbags that have been on RCC. This one tops them all.
If he went "out of business" and was an actual business he isn't going to go to jail... just no one is going to see any product or money. Business' go out everyday and people get screwed. I bought a GC for someone at a local restaurant on a Saturday, from the owner... went back on Monday, out of business. What happened to him you ask? Nothing. Just went to work somewhere else. Is it right? no. But it does happen, and the people that do this to others are just no good and deserve to be paid back... karma, to bad you have to wait for it.
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #824
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
If he went "out of business" and was an actual business he isn't going to go to jail... just no one is going to see any product or money. Business' go out everyday and people get screwed. I bought a GC for someone at a local restaurant on a Saturday, from the owner... went back on Monday, out of business. What happened to him you ask? Nothing. Just went to work somewhere else. Is it right? no. But it does happen, and the people that do this to others are just no good and deserve to be paid back... karma, to bad you have to wait for it.
I agree. I think he just loaded up as much cash as possible and closed the doors. Sucks that the money he took is from you guys. I worked in construction for 10 years and would see at least one homebuilder come in with huge plans every year. Start a subdivision with a couple show homes, and add a lake or pond to attract people. Then they start having BBQ's and selling unbuilt homes. They may build a few and people move in, but they were planning to fail all along. These guys take all they can take under their business name, and use it to build a really nice home on some land in another state. Then they close the doors go under and are protected by bankruptcy. Then all the people lose everything they have paid and have no way to recoup. Then they go and start the same business again under a different name and with help from their buddies who do the same thing.
As a matter of fact, it just happened again in Fresno a couple years back to my inlaws. They were out $150 grand which was their retirement and money from selling their home. Really blows, but it happens all the time. I've worked for and lost my job with 2 of these type of companies.
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #825
Rock Crawler

Does anyone here know him in person? Someone has to pay his address a visit and c what is there. Can we find the info out publicly saying he filed for bankrupcy?
rockrigcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #826
Quarry Creeper

damn it... i been real patient and i even tried to get my money back from paypal and my debit card company... missed paypal by a f&^%in day and the debit card company told me i was up shit creek from the get go... if i lived closer i would be on his doorstep for sure... but unfortunely im way up here in shits creek washington ...
brandonwalsh420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:50 AM   #827
I wanna be Dave

Is google earth real time now? That would be useful if so
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #828
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Is google earth real time now? That would be useful if so
I hope you're not serious...

No it's not real time. Images are usually between 6 months and 2 years old. It will tell you the date of the photo in the bottom left corner.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #829
20K Club

Just checked the aerial of his house. It was actually updated on 10/4/11.

On another note. I did find some info yesterday. Gerame posted on Facebook last week I believe saying that he worked his first full week for someone else and that hopefully he could now get some work done on this train wreck. That's not an exact quote as it has been passed along a couple times now but you get the point.

Last edited by Harley; 12-08-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #830

It really sucks this has all gone down like this. Lot's of good guys loosing hard earned money to guy who obviously has no morals or integrity. Gerame has talent but as a person he is quite lacking. The motor he was working on is amazing and I think that is why everyone wanted to believe so hard that this would work out.

Fortunately, I was able to recover my funds through Paypal. Used to be they only covered you for ebay purchases but I guess they also cover business and personal dealings such as this one now. Good thing because I have zero faith in this guy after he has lied and stopped communicating.

This is the second time in a row (with two different vendors) that I have paid the full price up front and not received product. Luckily in both cases I have recovered my funds but I won't be making the same mistake again.

My opinion is that RCCrawler should limit vendors in charging only a down payment (20-25%) on products until they are complete and ready to ship. Might help limit scammers like this from walking away from their obligations. Think about it, how many other transactions do you make in life where you pay for the entire service up front? Just my 2 cents.

To everyone else still waiting on money or motors, my very best wishes for you. This has been an extremely frustrating experience and I hope it works out for everyone in the end!!
railey72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #831
Quarry Creeper

Filed my claim. I paid 43 days ago. I figure in 2 days I still wont have jack. So I have thrown in the towel and found something else to spend the money on.

If Gerame does make this happen, everyone should get their money back and a motor...
mtdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #832
Quarry Creeper

^
i would be happy with either... but sadly at this this point it looks unsure as to whether or not this will happen...
brandonwalsh420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #833
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwalsh420 View Post
^
i would be happy with either... but sadly at this this point it looks unsure as to whether or not this will happen...
Brandon, I told you to contact them and I even told you the phone number.

P.M. for direction if you want it.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:19 AM   #834
I wanna be Dave

In one of the pictures i counted at least 14 sets of heads and at least 8 blocks, so what happened to these motors? were these sent to other people who payed for them also? doesn't make sense, keep the money and the stuff he had made? why wouldn't he at least send the ones he had finished? i have dealt with Gerame in the past and did get the run around on one set of wheels and the p.o. story came up , this was 3 years ago, but after that all the wheels and scale stuff i bought from him had no more problems, i am curious as to his whereabouts...
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:38 AM   #835
Defy Gravity

much as i hate to say it, but have a feeling that what was pictured will end up on ebay after the shitstorm calms down a bit. i still can't believe that a vendor would grenade his reputation so thoroughly.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #836
Adilynsdad too!

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd then...

just sayin
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #837
Rock Crawler

So is there a way to find out about a possible bankruptcy or is this just another lie and he's got away with one.. no one lives remotely near him! he has aquired no friends here ! Come on guys someone knows him and can step to the plate to help us resolve this! This is in the thousands of $$$$$ he STOLE! not $100!!!
rockrigcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #838
I wanna be Dave

I agree, someone should be able to personally find out what the status is on his machine shop.

If live within 3 hours of his location i would spend the $$$ in gas to get some kind of answer.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #839
Quarry Creeper

Who is to say he doesn't live on a bunch of land and you can't just drive by and look. No way will I just walk on another man's property to just look around. That's trespassing and people have guns...
mtdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #840
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdriver View Post
Who is to say he doesn't live on a bunch of land and you can't just drive by and look. No way will I just walk on another man's property to just look around. That's trespassing and people have guns...
Exactly. You don't just show up to another person's house. I know exactly where he lives, it's public information to anyone who knows his name. However I'm smart enough to not just go trouncing onto someones property when he is obviously intentionally staying out of contact.