Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: SORRCA Rules on Hold!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #141
bsn
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Norm. Well said even if people will have thier feeling hurt.

When I read through the rules, it was pretty clear and understandable. I had a couple of questions that needed to be cleared up but they were so I new what to build, not so I could get my current scaler to fit into the class that I felt it should run in. And lets get a little real on this. If you don't think you can complete in one class and that your rig should fit into a different class, rebuild it. Simple as that. You don't whine about the rules.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #142
Old guy

I truely know how much you love the sport/hobby.Norm you almost made me cry. asshole
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #143
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
I truely know how much you love the sport/hobby.Norm you almost made me cry. asshole
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #144
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
YES, ITS LONG. TOO BAD... Read it anyways!

You know, In the beggining I really thought this would work.
I thought that the rules commitee would work, that the rules would be discussed, that there would be some arguements, but over all things would happen and it would be a happy middle with some disconcern.

What actually happened is the Commitee did exactly what it should do, and everyone had a fit because it didnt fit what they used to run by with rules.

No matter how upsetting it was to a drivers world. What worked in Texas, didnt work in Ohio, what worked in CoCal, didnt work in Virgina.
Bottom line is that all of you who were not involved in the rules dont even realize that some of these rules actually work better, but because of several reasons you refuse to bend. If you hated ham as a kid, your not trying it as an adult. or as the saying goes. "you cant teach an ole dog new tricks"

No one asked you to break, No one asked you to walk away. All everyone of the commitee members asked is that you bare with them and allow this to happen.

So here we are once again. Scale crawler season has begun and there is bickering and complaining on several matters. To be honest, I agreed with the rules that were made, they were not that hard to follow, and furthermore. No there was things that were written I didnt like, but I was willing to BEND to fit the rules.

If you all want a national set of rules there are 2 things you all need to do.
1. Choose a member per state to represent that state. Not per club. Per state. You dont want to be apart of this, dont complain and stay out of it.
And that memeber should be apart of the rules commitee, not walk away when things dont go thier way.
2. realize that all the members choosen for the rules were choosen by you. If you didnt vote your opinion, Tough! if you didnt realize this was happening, Tough. If you are passionate about this happening then you should be passionate about being involved with your hobby, your state, and most of all your rules.

And once these rules are done. YOU must bend to them. Not complain to the point they are removed to re-review. they honestly should not of ever been removed.

Now this may sound harsh and mean spirited. But that is the problem with any kind of democratic opinion. people vote, they might not like the laws, but they have to live with them.

I want to first thank once again ALL the guys in the rules commitee that poured thier hearts into this 2 feet in wet. I mean that with all my soul and truely understand what it took for you all to do what you did.

I want to thank Aaron for taking the time once again to understand the rules and work with the best of them to organize the MSD rules. This competition here in Montana is one of the most sought after, impressive, best of the best, man eat man, comps ever that invite drivers from all over the US and Canada. Eventually I would like to see the MSD's be an invite only competition that puts ONLY the best drivers after eachother in a seperate worlds event.

You want to crawl at a club level and never go beyond that, stay at a club level. Its all good and you have fun.

You want to compete and be judged among your peers as the best driver/s of your club. Then this is where it starts.

I highly suggest that those of you who are so passionate about this start venturing to other events and play by thier rules. you might find it to be one of the better comps you have attended. There is a reason why the Oregon, Montana, Utah and Colorado rules work.

JMO, Hope you all understand
I disagree. The first draft of the rules were to complicated and needed to be reworked, opened up and simplified. They needed to BEND to what Scale is about, FUN and hanging out w/ your buds.

I'm glad the committee got the message and listened!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #145
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
FUN and hanging out w/ your buds.
Thats the only reason I show up to comps, and why I'll drive 3 hours to do so.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #146
www.team3sixrc.com

You guys are absolutly right about it being fun. Im sorry if I mislead you to believe that I only see and end result of it being just for serious competitors.

Scale is and has always been about hanging out with people that enjoy scale and enjoy hanging out.

I shouldnt forget this is why I got involved in scale and dropped comp crawling. I have met the coolest people ever doing this and made many great lasting friendships because of it.

Thanks for reminding me and setting me straight.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #147
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
You guys are absolutly right about it being fun. Im sorry if I mislead you to believe that I only see and end result of it being just for serious competitors.

Scale is and has always been about hanging out with people that enjoy scale and enjoy hanging out.

I shouldnt forget this is why I got involved in scale and dropped comp crawling. I have met the coolest people ever doing this and made many great lasting friendships because of it.

Thanks for reminding me and setting me straight.
where's the Bitch Slap smiley?

Last edited by slobin3d; 02-04-2011 at 12:18 AM.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #148
Pebble Pounder

norm,
i would hate to see the scale nats turn into a invite only event. being my forth year to this event and knowing alot of guys from the n.w. go to this event. i wouldnt want to see the event decline in people showing for this. not saying it would, but who knows.
since this is not a cheap thing for people to pull off. look at the attendance for the last three years you will see the n.w. people have been the majority. and again this is suppose to be fun. so if you can pay, we can play. just my .02 worth.
later
g
ggooler is offline   Reply With Quote