Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Shane's Comp NN Super Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Got the Nova foams a East Texas Comp. Swapped them into my Super Leopards (Tires are 2" wide by 7.1" tall).
My super is 7.5lbs. No weight on wheels (wheels/tires/foams are about 12oz each), just 8oz of total weight on the front knuckles, no weight in rear.

These side hill great, are the correct density, perfect width, fill out the tire and really bring my Super Leopards alive. Won't need to trim anything with these foams. They weigh nothing too. Eddie really did his research with this foam density and measurements. Best foams I have ran in these "pizza cutter" type wheels/tires.

Put up an extra foam to compare size and my 2.2 on the right.
All the pictures the I have the Nova Super Dual Stage Foams installed in the tires. And I picked up a set of the 2.2 Nova Foams too. Those look really good too.

Here is a video. Rocks were big and chunky with lots of gaps/holes. My driving skills could use some work but these foams help me out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUMnHUtVo9Y
Attached Images

Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #82
RCC Addict

As usual.......looks good shane
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:04 AM   #83
I wanna be Dave

So you didn't add any weight at all to the front? I heard your rig does pretty well.. Great Job. Can't wait to see it in action this weekend..
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
So you didn't add any weight at all to the front? I heard your rig does pretty well.. Great Job. Can't wait to see it in action this weekend..
There is weight on his knuckles.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:48 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
Yeah, I am ready for Disney. I sucked it up in 2.2 and super the last time I was there. I have to compete against too many good guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
There is weight on his knuckles.
Correct. I only have about 8oz total on the front knuckles. Its a fish weight/lead weight electrical tape blob. I put the weigh on top of the knuckles so it doesn't hit on rocks/ledges when I hang the tires on lips, etc. See last picture above ^^^^
Everytime I go to add more weight up front, the truck doesn't like the extra weight and end up taking some off. The front tires will pull it up most slopes with the rear tires draggin. This truck is like an electrical grasshopper. Look at the last seconds of the video I posted. It will wheelie up slopes too.

Last edited by Szczerba; 10-07-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #86
I wanna be Dave

dude... how much of a pita is it to get those foams in without bead locks? I assume your hands are covered with glue, unless you use gloves.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
dude... how much of a pita is it to get those foams in without bead locks? I assume your hands are covered with glue, unless you use gloves.
It's easy. I just use the cheapest super glue out there. Like 4 tubes for $1.50. Third picture down.
Shane's Comp NN Super Build

I just put 8 small drops around the wheel on each side. They pull off the wheel just as easy as gluing them on. I haven't had them come off the wheel yet.
These 4 wheels cost me $24 plus some of my time to narrow them.

SOLD THIS TRUCK

Last edited by Szczerba; 12-01-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #88
Rock Stacker

Looks like a cool ride
billm67 is offline   Reply With Quote