Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: **New** DLUX Wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 09:56 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
I got some good vid I will post of some big time wadding up...these wheels have no problem holding a bead and no flexing either..
Thanks man that'll be awesome
vodka child is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

The wheels are sick I have 2 comps on them and love everything about them they make my 4 lbs 14 OZ Rig work better then ever before Thank you Erik for a great wheel.
jacobflyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #43
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
I like the concept. Is it possible for someone to post a pic of the inner bead ring without the outer one screwed on? Im trying to see how the tire beads.
I will work on something for you. I am going to work on the other ideas for these wheels and get some pictures up. Hopefully in the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlucks View Post
The clear ones look deadly. What is the front face cut from. Hopefully it is something less brittle than acrylic.

So no more exploding six spoke version then
Clear is from polycarb. I am not aware if anything will be stronger that is clear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
this is something that might be on the wish list. i would like to see how it handles being stuck in a creveas with the rest of a 6lb ridge swinging around it. seems like only having the posts connecting to two sides of the wheel would leave it open to flexing.

it was mentioned earlier but getting patterns cut in the solid face (like the 1.9 version) would be nice, that is unless it weakness the wheel.
53willys will get that vid up. Its brutal

I can do designs. What Camo is referencing in the above post is some faces that I cut with the designs. They lasted a bit but eventually all the faces failed. I have cut some out of a thicker material that is good but, being thicker raises the material cost and machine time. You guys are the boss. If you want cut faces I will make them. Hopefully this is ok to put in here,... but the solid faces for four, would only be $15 or so. For a thicker designed face you would be looking at $25 or so. BTW, they would weigh the same as the solid face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka child View Post
Erik you able to show these wheel on the rocks that you posted up pics (post 38 on your build thread, maybe a video? That crazy little hole that the rig has to squeeze and pop out through would test any flexing I'd think??

oh and you need to do the clear version
Working on getting more clear versions out today for durability testing.

See above, 53 will post a decent vid. I call the obstacle "Mc Nasty". We dont do it very often because its so hard on your car.

When holding all the individual pieces in your hand they can seem a bit sketchy. As with most things, structure is key. They are super strong when fully assembled. I wont have any weight limitations on these. If you want to run a fully weighted wheel, have at it. These can take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamargue View Post
How much Does having the open center section effect the foam and how the foam breaks over rocks? Would I need fermer foam to run these?
Others may be able to chime in. IMO, I doubt I could go back to a vented wheel. I like running a stiff foam in my BC's out back. One thing I really dislike about the setup is trying to bump up stuff. The rear always seemed to like to bounce off stuff where as running a soft foam in the rear it will allow it to compress and soak up the hit. That is the biggest improvement I saw in these wheels. When hitting that bump now, its better. I still have some of my other wheels with vents and use them to test tires. I cant stand vented wheels now.

I felt at first that I may need to stiffen my foam up. I am trying to stay away from knee jerk reactions though so, I just stayed with it and am now feeling good with the foams. Its probably a really personal thing. I say run it for awhile and get used to it and then change if you feel you need it. I think most will be shocked at how different it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamargue View Post
Cool man thanks. Does it wear the foam faster then normal wheels or wear them any differently has anyone taken the foams out to inspect them to see if the cross braces cause any rips in the foam from being compressed around them?
There should not be any stress on the foam, especially since the cross bars are round. If they were a hex, maybe. I will take a picture so you can see that the foam does not really rely on the cross bars. I assume the foam reacts just like it would in a channeled out wheel.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #44
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I suppose I will throw this out there now too to see if there is any interest.

I made some rotors. I kind of put the idea aside while thinking I was only going to offer a solid face but if anybody wants a machined face I could do them.

They would work on my 2.2 and 1.9 wheels along with all Vanquish wheels that take a hub.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

that's gonna be the same race than your knuckle weight !!! (that's all I wish for you)

I'm ready to go
dude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

I can see the rotors behind the clear front rings looking great. I'm have me some of those
vodka child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

having some issues getting all the vids to work...but I did manage to get this one going..

link... Dlux Fab Beadlock test - YouTube

grrrrrrrrr I cant get this to embed for some reason....

53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
grrrrrrrrr I cant get this to embed for some reason....
Look below.....

"HTML code is Off"
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Look below.....

"HTML code is Off"

hmmm...I dont see that???
Old 10-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
hmmm...I dont see that???
Down below the "active members" in a section called "posting rules" on the left....
Old 10-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

I think I want a set of all 3, clear, black, and white. They look killer erik great job. I can't wait to get my hands on some .
DeadlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

great test !!

what's the music ?? sound familiar but can't remember...
Old 10-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude26 View Post
what's the music ?? sound familiar but can't remember...
Fugazi!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Down below the "active members" in a section called "posting rules" on the left....
I guess you cant embed vids in the tire and wheel section??....
Old 10-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I guess you cant embed vids in the tire and wheel section??....
Nope....only those sections where HTML is turned on...
Old 10-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

the vid does show it handling the tire wadding up quite a bit. good sign for the beads holding.

the more i look at this threat and think about the design the more i like it. you might be convincing me to invest in these vs vp wheels! (provided the price is right )

i'm thinking i could die the white face a color of my choosing. or just stick with black. (i would need some convincing the clear material could hold up.)
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Fugazi!
nice

and now I listen all the discography !!!
my GF hates you
Old 10-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #58
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
the more i look at this threat and think about the design the more i like it. you might be convincing me to invest in these vs vp wheels! (provided the price is right )

i'm thinking i could die the white face a color of my choosing. or just stick with black. (i would need some convincing the clear material could hold up.)
Thats pretty much how everybody has treated these wheels. When I started telling the testers about them I dont think there was one that was not skeptical. Once you put them on and together its a whole new ball game though. I think its just really weird going from conventional to something like this. Wait until you put the first bead together. For some reason that was really strange and mind boggling to me. Funny how we get stuck in our ways.

The white ones should be no different than dying any other delrin. If the clear ones hold up they could be even cooler since you could paint the backside.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude26 View Post
nice

and now I listen all the discography !!!
my GF hates you
Don't forget about Minor Threat!
Old 10-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #60
Suck it up!

Too cool!

Now you've got me thinking about drilling big fat 1/2" vent holes in my current wheels.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/344184-%2A%2Anew%2A%2A-dlux-wheels.html
Posted By For Type Date
Highlucks - Team BWD - The Thing - Team Adrenaline Forums This thread Refback 03-01-2013 07:05 PM