Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: T Snotz Tech Thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: T Snotz Tech Thread!

I have a friend that has the same crawler as me and he used some t snotz on the stock tires and they're probably twice as soft as my stock tires are.
Can't wait to see how they perform on the rocks!
Nimyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Is this stuff flammable? Curious if it could be used the way we did back in the day with the old Trinity Buggy Grip.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Conditions to Avoid: Keep away from heat and ignition sources
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
Conditions to Avoid: Keep away from heat and ignition sources
Thanks. I didn't see that anywhere, that's why I asked.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
Thanks. I didn't see that anywhere, that's why I asked.
We have an MSDS...that I can give to anyone who asks
Old 01-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Just ordered me the dual pack gonna give it a try since I have several old sets of tires laying around that I would like to be able to run again. I will post up how it works for me as soon as I get it put it on and test it.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
Just ordered me the dual pack gonna give it a try since I have several old sets of tires laying around that I would like to be able to run again. I will post up how it works for me as soon as I get it put it on and test it.
Great!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Discount Coupon Available....
Check it out!!
***T Snotz...Traction and Softening Compound**Now Available!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #49

Have you thought about the application for the 1:1 crowd? Could it possibly help a 40" tire or is that an entirely different rubber compound?
benny_wiskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

I thought I would update you guys on the tire experiment that I did earlier in this thread.

I shaved and siped this set of tires. I installed the tires that had the compound in the front and the "regular" tires in the back. I went and put several battery packs through them and took some pictures. I hope these show how little dirt and junk is picked up when the compound has properly dried.

Front Tire:

Rear Tire:

Personally, I see NO difference. The fronts (treated) still feel quite a bit softer than the rears (untreated).
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #51
RCC Addict

I tested this on one of my crawlers over the weekend and love it. I put it on some stuuf I have never been able to do cause I couldn't get quitw enough traction to the ground and now with this stuff I walked right up it several times.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
I tested this on one of my crawlers over the weekend and love it. I put it on some stuuf I have never been able to do cause I couldn't get quitw enough traction to the ground and now with this stuff I walked right up it several times.
That is great!
Old 07-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Ok, I can't believe that someone hasn't ask yet, and I understand that this is a fairly new product, but what does it do to the rubber with prolonged usage? From what I read it is a petro based product. Petro products and rubber tend to not get along when spending a prolonged amount of time together. I could mist gas and carb cleaner onto my tires, or even brake cleaner but it would eat the rubber and cause wear and life expectancy issues. Just a question that has been paining me since I heard it was Petro based.
electraglidebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by electraglidebiker View Post
Ok, I can't believe that someone hasn't ask yet, and I understand that this is a fairly new product, but what does it do to the rubber with prolonged usage? From what I read it is a petro based product. Petro products and rubber tend to not get along when spending a prolonged amount of time together. I could mist gas and carb cleaner onto my tires, or even brake cleaner but it would eat the rubber and cause wear and life expectancy issues. Just a question that has been paining me since I heard it was Petro based.
This product started in Rubber Tire Touring Car Racing, we haven't gotten enough testing to see the long term affects on crawler tires. We have many drivers testing it on many types of tires and compounds. To this date none of the tires have any issues with the compound. Doing testing with VooDoos this week and will be filming.

Rob
Old 07-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

I'll be interested to see the prolonged effects. Our tires are much softer than touring cars and don't get changed every 50 laps either. Aside from the fact that, aren't Voodoos soft enough already? I'm far from a good wheel man but they improved my driving 100%. Well, I'm all subscribed and will be watching for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2
electraglidebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Matt the owner of Ottsix has tested our T Snotz on the voodoos with favorable results
Old 07-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #57
www.ottsix.com

First of all, let me say that I have no financial or business relationship with Krawler Konceptz. I buy their products at the same price that everyone else does.

I tested Tsnotz almost immediately on the Voodoo's because I found that the product worked so well on other tires I've used. Right away, where Tsoltz really went to work was on super smooth almost glass like rock. Virgin gold compound couldn't do what what gold+Tsnoz could easily handle. Some of this rock is so smooth, if you step on a slight gradient, you'll think you're standing in ice.

I strongly feel that Tsnotz make Voodoo's more predictable, on all types of rock as long as you have your foams setup correctly...because we all know that if you don't setup your foams correctly, these tires will punish you like no other tire can.

Does Tsnotz change the rubber and make it softer? My honest answer is that I don't know. My thought is this: Tsnotz penetrates the upper layers of all three compounds which makes the tire more compliant overall...which in turn makes the driving feel more predictable; which I like A LOT!

One of my favorite setups to date is silver compound + Tsnotz with split pins and a pin pattern coupled with CI 6" soft...this is a very good setup for drivers who might be new to pin tires and foam tuning because it works well on every type of rock I've run it on. As we all know, golds need a lot of attention and experience to set up correctly and are best suited for ultra light rigs.

So there's my two cents.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Well, I want in on this.. I have .02 worth..

I looked back for when I got mine. I won it in a giveaway back when the product was released. I have used it on everything from my 1.9 rovers, 2.2 white dot rovers, blue dot rovers, dona's, red BC's, but yet to try it on my gold Voodoo's ( they are only 7-10 packs old)

I have seen no ill effects from this product or any rapid tread wear(no diff then they would wear normally). Now I don't use it a ridiculous amount, maybe once a month. It is win win as far as I can tell and like stated above, it allows the tire to conform to the rock and keeps them consistent. It not only will loosen up the solid lugs on a dona or rover but will allow the carcus of the tire to be more pliable and grip easy.

My last set of BC's had bald spots I ran them so long and they work just fine with the use of the tsnotz!

You can mist the whole tire for cleaning and softening or just the dabber bottle on the lugs of lugged tires to freshen them up..

Well that's my say in the product.. hope it helps someone..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Krawler Konceptz » T Snotz
Check out the website for ordering info!
Old 02-16-2015, 01:23 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

well... i just got on to order but for moral reason i cant swallow $10 of shipping on a $15 product... do you have any retailers in the states?
johncraddock445 is offline   Reply With Quote

T Snotz Tech Thread! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TorqueMaster BR-XL tech thread JohnRobHolmes Electronics 424 02-24-2015 12:45 PM
Pre-tech thread War Pig Scale Nationals 26 09-27-2012 07:37 AM
Snotz and Son of Snotz rockcod Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 04-30-2008 06:03 AM