Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Duratrax 1.9/2.2 Scale Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2018, 10:25 PM   #241
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Duratrax 1.9/2.2 Scale Tires

Here are my DeeppWoods 2.2 on my "shafty". Shaved sidewalls, clipped lugs and sipped...
Vagos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2018, 03:08 AM   #242
Pebble Pounder

Had 2.2 deep woods on my crawler king, really liked them.
Need to try them on my Bomber some day.

Just installed the Approach CR 1.9 with Boom Racing Krait wheels on my TRX4, will get their maiden run this weekend.
Yonzariq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:13 AM   #243
I wanna be Dave

^^^ First time I've seen those 3d-printed window slats mounted up on the Tactical TRX-4 body - looks a million times better than before!

Wheel/tire combo adds to the uniqueness...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:06 PM   #244
Quarry Creeper

So had some Tower hobby coupons and got a set of deepwoods c3 tires pre glued on their wheels. not as impressed with them as I am with the showdown cr. the deepwoods feels just a little softer. it also didn't clean itself as well as the showdown. also traction was just a little less on the deep woods. this was all just first impression so will do some more runs on both before I decide which one I like best.
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:35 PM   #245
Rock Stacker

So, I ordered a set of 2.2 deep woods. I really liked the reviews and price. Although, I have a problem with them. For those of you that mounted them on bead locks. Was the bead shaped right on the inside? I’ve noticed the outside is just like my stock axial tires, but the inside is not molded the same. It’s too thick and doesn’t have the correct step molded into it to fit the inner bead lock ring. Was this an issue for anyone else? The axial tires are perfect and sit nice and tight. Before ever bolting down.
Nastyn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #246
Rock Stacker

Got them all mounted up. These tires are great. Can’t beat the price when you’re on a budget and want some softer sticky shoes.

Nastyn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:32 AM   #247
Quarry Creeper

I am very impressed with these tires on clay dirt woods trailing and limestone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
sawhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:46 AM   #248

Got 2 sets of 1.9 Deep Woods premounted.

One set is my main on my TRX-4. Great traction but I sometimes feel like they're a bit too soft and twisty.

2nd set was for my Barrage. Were nice but I wanted it a bit more sitted on ground, so I went with a set of Hyrax in G8 mounted on Impulse beadlocs with those brass weights to fit in. Was perfect.

2nd set is now my main on the SCX10-2 I purchased some weeks ago.

All in all, pretty satisfied for the price I paid.
But they'll eventually end up in spare sets as I'll buy other tires to try.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:30 AM   #249
Quarry Creeper

Does anyone run the 1.9 scaler tires? I'm curious and I love the look of them
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:10 AM   #250
wyd
Rock Crawler

I just mounted up some new Showdowns to try out. Used SSD wheels and CI Lil Nova 4.25 soft inserts comp cut for the front and soft standard cut for the rears. Didn't get to try them yet but they feel excellent and I think they look pretty cool overall. The price was excellent so thought I would give them a try plus I like the aggressive look. Going to try them out on my Carisma Coyote.

wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:44 PM   #251
wyd
Rock Crawler

First time out with my new Carisma Coyote today along with the first time out on my new Duratrax Showdowns. I have to say they worked great and for a cheaper tire I have zero complaints on the overall performance of the tire. The tires along with the CI LIttle Nova 4.25 foams was and excellent combo.

It was 40 degrees out today with the a little ice in spots along with a few wetter areas with a little mud. The truck went pretty much anywhere I wanted it to go. Had no problems crawling up rocks, logs and anything else I tried to go over. I been on this trail before with my Ascender with Rock Beast XL tires and my Carisma with the Showdowns went thru all the same places with no problems. Overall the new Showdowns where on point all day long.

Last edited by wyd; 01-27-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:31 AM   #252
RCC Addict

Liking the look of those Showdowns.

I like the Deep Woods, but got some Gmade MT1904 on Gmade alloy wheels on a used Ascender. I actually like them more than the Deep Woods. The 1904's have a squarer shape to them, whereas the Deep Woods are more rounded. This seems to help grip better in the leafy, rooty dirt I drive in. Not sure what foams are in the 1904's. I need to get some more foams for them sometime to compare better.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:59 AM   #253
RCC Addict

I have two set of these tires and have run them intermittently for a year now. I say intermittently because I actually switch out my tires depending on the conditions I am running on, but they have seen significant use.
I am running the Deepwoods in 1.9, mounted and 2.2 unmounted versions. These are NOT good tires by any stretch of the imaginations. Sure, they look good, but that have some serious flaws. Unlike most tires I have uses, these flaws get worse with good foams, not better.
The construction of the tires lacks any internal stiffness. By that I mean when they do hook up the lugs actually fold back and release the rock they were hooked on. Plus the tire is so thin that they will they will stretch and roll sidehilling even with good foams.

If you are looking for less expensive tires to bash around with, trail, or stomp in the woods these tires are passable, maybe even pretty decent. If you plan on using these for any type of rock crawling, or a heavily powered rig you might want to give them a hard pass.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #254
wyd
Rock Crawler

Just a follow up to my other posts. Took my Coyote out for the 2nd time on the my new Showdowns. It was 30 degrees out and the trails where 90% dry with some water crossings if you wanted to go in the water but at 30 degrees out I opted to stay out. The tires once again worked great. We had 6 of us out trailing and the guys where all impressed by how these tires where working. Had a few places that only my Coyote was able to make which I was surprised as we have 2 TRX4's and a Axial with portals and non of them could make it. In all fairness the Showdowns where a more aggressive tire than what they had but we where on totally dry area. If I would of know these would of worked this well I could of saved a lot of money and not bought all the other tires I have as they work as good as my really expensive tires if not better. I'm not into Comps so don't care that they are 4.74" sized tires as I just care that they work great with the CI Lil Nova 4.25 inserts I put in the tire with the SSD steel wheels.

Last edited by wyd; 02-11-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #255
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
I have two set of these tires and have run them intermittently for a year now. I say intermittently because I actually switch out my tires depending on the conditions I am running on, but they have seen significant use.
I am running the Deepwoods in 1.9, mounted and 2.2 unmounted versions. These are NOT good tires by any stretch of the imaginations. Sure, they look good, but that have some serious flaws. Unlike most tires I have uses, these flaws get worse with good foams, not better.
The construction of the tires lacks any internal stiffness. By that I mean when they do hook up the lugs actually fold back and release the rock they were hooked on. Plus the tire is so thin that they will they will stretch and roll sidehilling even with good foams.

If you are looking for less expensive tires to bash around with, trail, or stomp in the woods these tires are passable, maybe even pretty decent. If you plan on using these for any type of rock crawling, or a heavily powered rig you might want to give them a hard pass.
This is what I've found as well. The lugs just don't get the bite that you need. I recently took these off my HoBao DC1 and put a set of Pro-Line KM3's on. I'm pretty sure it's going to do much better the next time I take this truck out.

I almost feel like the Deep Woods would do better if you shaved down the height of the lugs.

Last edited by soze; 02-11-2019 at 04:03 PM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:27 PM   #256
Rock Stacker

Actually got some really good performance out of my 1.9 Deep Woods from swampy streams and wet rock to grippy desert-style rock crawls in Vasquez Rocks here in socal.

I think they look sick too, but I found that after just 8 or 9 packs through the truck they started looking really rough and became even saggier. The text on the side rubs off and looks janky since it's not raised and is just silkscreened onto the flat sidewall. Since I had a new set of 2 in the box as spares I ended up ordering another pair and am going to swap fresh ones on and go again until I think they look janky again.

The foams also disintegrated due to some really extreme crawls I was doing I guess. Is this due to moisture as well or was I just twisting the tires too much? I know the stock foams aren't great but they worked decently when they're fresh and new. I figure the foams last just about as long as I can put up with how ugly the tires get so I'll run these for another 8-10 packs and go with some Super Swampers or BFGoodrich scale tires on the next revamp. This particularly thrashed tire/foam was off the rear where most of the twisting was happening on extreme grades:

Last edited by jessedacri; 03-19-2019 at 10:31 PM.
jessedacri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:00 PM   #257

Can the while lettering be removed?
Not a fan of the white letters.
MuskokaFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:17 PM   #258
RCC Addict

Yep, it wipes right off with a little acetone (nail polish remover) on a rag.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:21 PM   #259
I wanna be Dave

Try some decent Crawler Innovations foams before you give up on them.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:20 PM   #260
wyd
Rock Crawler

Thumbs down Re: Duratrax 1.9/2.2 Scale Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Try some decent Crawler Innovations foams before you give up on them.
I like the Ci Lil Nov's i my Duratrax tires. I'm running the soft comp cut in the front and medium non comp cut in the 4.25 size. Work great in my Showdowns.

Duratrax 1.9/2.2 Scale Tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New scale wheels and tires from Duratrax TwistedXT Tires and Wheels 11 07-17-2010 02:20 AM
Axial Scx10 and Duratrax Scale Run ebbet Scale Videos! 3 01-28-2010 09:01 PM
Duratrax Warhead tires mulchman Tires and Wheels 1 03-01-2007 03:29 PM