Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Roc-Max

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2006, 09:13 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

i will be taking it... i like the width because i can run a slightly higher CG. theres no comps around here. i just have to be a little more selective with lines and stuff... i would love to make a narrower rig but id have to redesign my entire chassis around it...
peej410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I just put some 80w in the shocks. No need to bring any. Thanks man.

Bret
bret4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:28 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

The only thing that makes it wider is the revo nuckles. I think that adds about 1/4" a side from what people have said. To make it narrow as you have mentioned wouldn't I have to use the old narrow maxx arms? My maxx is a new one. It wouldn't be hard to make fit the old narrow maxx arms. I could try that one day.

Bret
Old 06-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

I just checked the narrow maxx lower arms and they are about 1/2" shorter than the wide maxx arms. The upper delrin arm on my chassis can be trimmed back 1/2" to match the lower arms easy. The delrin can be cut with most any tool that can be used in wood working. If I drill the holes deeper in the upper delrin arms you could use it with revo parts or trim it to fit narrow maxx parts. You could leave it as is for stock wide maxx parts.

Bret
Old 06-11-2006, 10:00 AM   #25
RCC Addict

even the narrow arms with the revo knuckles, i still found my maxx to be too wide. if you got the width like a clod, i would probably buy a chassis from you and build another maxx.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:17 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

At that point it would be just as easy to build axles from scratch. This chassis would mostlikely be better for people that have a maxx and don't want to spend more money on a clod just to get parts for a crawler. I'm sure a lot of people have maxxes that they would like to turn into a crawler buy just bolting things together. Not a lot of mods would be needed with this design.

This is not to say I will not come up with a chassis that is as narrow as you like. Could be next week if I get another idea how to change it.

Bret

Last edited by bret4; 06-11-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:03 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret4
At that point it would be just as easy to build axles from scratch. This chassis would mostlikely be better for people that have a maxx and don't want to spend more money on a clod just to get parts for a crawler. I'm sure a lot of people have maxxes that they would like to turn into a crawler buy just bolting things together. Not a lot of mods would be needed with this design.

This is not to say I will not come up with a chassis that is as narrow as you like. Could be next week if I get another idea how to change it.

Bret
good point.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:35 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Amazing workmanship!

Great job-the axles make me rauny.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

i saw this thing run today and it crawled almost as well as my crawler on its first day and ive been tuning mine for 5 months. very very impressive...
Old 06-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

I had to look up rauny on the net. I guess it's good! Thanks man!

Thanks pete! I had a good time crawling with everyone today.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:55 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

im glad you made it out, i forgot to have you drive my truck! haha next time though...
Old 06-11-2006, 10:51 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Very nice build, looks like it could be a kit you buy off the shelf.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:54 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

It did run good at the crawl yesterday. Only damage was one shock had the top pop off on a hard crash. No damage to the shock. It screwed back together. The shock is the standard e-maxx shock. I have seen this happen on those shocks on e-maxxes and other traxxas trucks many times. The quick fix is as simple as running some good aluminum shocks. Maybe one limiter strap on each side if you want to run the stock shocks. You only need two for the truck.

The bottom of the truck didn't even get that many scratches on it. Not bad for running for hours yesterday.

I am going to cut the foams in the tires on my next run for better traction. I will also try and run one lathe motor for a little less weight up top. May even try the GD-600 gear box. This truck has a lot of potential and is so much fun!!

Bret
Old 06-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

the best part is that its beautiful haha
Old 06-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #35
RCC Addict

this truck preformed expecially well yesterday, you can see pics of it in this thread, very clean and awesome looking truck.
CT Crawl June 11 at Lovers' Leap in New Milford, CT - FREE STUFF
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Ordered a bunch of parts to make some of the Roc-Max chassis for a little more testing before I try and sell any. Experience with selling parts I make for RC helicopter tells me to always get people to test a product before selling it to a lot of people.

I already have 3 people that are getting a kit to test. When everyone tells me how they find the instructions and what they think of the kit. (Any screws needed or other little parts) I will have to pay up to be a vendor on these groups.

All those that have asked if I would sell them a kit should check in here often to see when they will be ready to sell. I will not sell any kits until testing is done and I pay to be a vendor on these groups.

Bret
Old 06-13-2006, 03:07 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

I wish I could send you a kit for testing. I have enough people to test them right now. What I can tell you is from the way it ran last Sunday at our local crawling site, it will most likely not need anything. Only the instructions may need cleaning up. Maybe some little screws that I could include or something like that.

Bret
Old 06-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

mwahahah i love R&D
Old 06-13-2006, 09:25 PM   #39
RcBros Hobbies

Bret Very sweet crawler! I just dropped some $$ into a new crawler but love your design. Very nice very clean. yet still lightweight plastic (delrin)

Looks amazing! Get some video when you can please!

Props to ya!

-RcBro
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:56 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

ive got some video... i think ill try and post it tomorrow.