Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Roc-Max

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2006, 04:02 AM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Yes it is a really clean design without all the links that most crawlers have. The center bearings in the front and rear are really strong making it a linkless design. This makes it easy to take apart too.

That would be great pete! Like to see that video.

Bret
bret4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2006, 07:34 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

i checked and i didnt really get any good footage... since my camera died early on.... if you guys still want to see what ive got say so but only one of us actually completed an obstacle... haha by the end of the day we had all made it...
peej410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:30 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

That was a fun course. Maybe we can get more video next time out. My camera did a good job on the video but I didn't shoot much. I'll shoot more next time and try to learn how to make them small enough so I can upload them.

Bret
Old 06-17-2006, 08:07 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Just a little update.

I have made the parts for three chassis and made some fixtures to help in machining the parts. These are prototypes for my testers. This has given me a better idea as to what it will take to production out the Roc-Max crawler chassis. I see no problems with making these and keeping up with my expected demand.

At this time I am putting together instructions for my testers. The instructions will have plenty of pictures and information on what parts are needed and where to get them. The list of things you would need to get is normal for any Maxx based crawler. Revo shafts, knuckles, your choice of motors, gears, tires and electronics.

Bret
Old 06-18-2006, 09:26 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

awesome i cant wait to get my hands on it !!!!! ill start ordering up parts tomorrow
Old 06-19-2006, 04:03 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

I now have one person that has put one together with no problems. The other kits will be packed up and should be ready for the rest of the testers in one or two days. I wanted to let the first person see if I had enough screws and things with the kit before the rest of the testers got their kits. Everything went fine. He even mentioned how easy it was to put together.

I now have my vendor star! Shouldn't be much longer before these are ready to sell. Had a lot of fun driving my truck around yesterday. Tried my stick radio and really liked it a lot better than the TQ3. Sooo much more control over the truck. Nothing wrong with a TQ3 but being into RC helicopters I found it nice to go back to a stick radio.

Bret
Old 06-19-2006, 07:21 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret4
I now have one person that has put one together with no problems. The other kits will be packed up and should be ready for the rest of the testers in one or two days. I wanted to let the first person see if I had enough screws and things with the kit before the rest of the testers got their kits. Everything went fine. He even mentioned how easy it was to put together.

I now have my vendor star! Shouldn't be much longer before these are ready to sell. Had a lot of fun driving my truck around yesterday. Tried my stick radio and really liked it a lot better than the TQ3. Sooo much more control over the truck. Nothing wrong with a TQ3 but being into RC helicopters I found it nice to go back to a stick radio.

Bret
yeah im glad i switched to the twigs, how did you set yours up?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

I didn't do much with my radio to set it up. Just put it in the air mode not heli mode. Set the end points so the servos don't over travel. That was about it. Only problem I have is that my left stick I am using for throttle doesn't return to center. That is the way helicopter radios work. I am going to get a surface radio for it soon. Maybe the spectrum or the futaba 7c in 75mhz. Some people say the spectrum cuts out when you get to close to the truck. I wouldn't care much for that. Would be nice not to worry about what freq your are on with the spectrum.

Bret
Old 06-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

i use the right stick for throttle
Old 06-19-2006, 03:46 PM   #50

Hello, i’m Claudio from Italy, I have a txt based crawler but I have lost the head for RocMax, i like your CNC machined frame,front and rear axle brace, It’s a awesome.I have also an E-Maxx and if in the future you to sell a kit and if you ship worlwide ,it will be sure my next crawler project.

Bye Kla
2 Slow 4 U
crawler67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:51 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by peej410
i use the right stick for throttle
I could do that but the left stick is the stick I am used to using on helicopters and other aircraft.

Bret
Old 06-19-2006, 03:55 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler67
Hello, i’m Claudio from Italy, I have a txt based crawler but I have lost the head for RocMax, i like your CNC machined frame,front and rear axle brace, It’s a awesome.I have also an E-Maxx and if in the future you to sell a kit and if you ship worlwide ,it will be sure my next crawler project.

Bye Kla
2 Slow 4 U
That's great Claudio. Nice to hear from a someone in Italy! There will be no problem shipping to you. I have shipped other things to many countries before.
Bret

Last edited by bret4; 10-16-2006 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #53
RCC Addict

hey bret,
glad to see you have your vendor star! i have a feeling that your chassis will be a great seller!
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:48 AM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Happy to support the group with the vendor star.

Was

Bret

Last edited by bret4; 10-16-2006 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

I like how you made it a stick.
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:14 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
Bret, here is mine Something different 2.2 Maxx

It is only a 2.2, since I had never seen anyone build one and decided to try something different. Plus I didn't want to put more strain on the suspension setup before I seen how it acted as a 2.2. If it did good( as it has been so far ) I was going to do a bigger version.

As you stated, I found that the suspension really helps alot to stop the torque roll, as long as you mount the shocks on the right way. That way you can use the shocks as limiters since they are fully extended. I get very minimal torque in reverse. Maybe you can run a thicker oil in your shocks?

What weight oil is in them now?

I just see it as being more top heavy since your running 2 motors, as most only run 1.

Very nice job of thinking out of the box also. What is the total weight of the truck?
your awufully cocky for someones who has a "stick" crawler with links
Warn Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #57
Colt Python/SR9c

Umm and who the hell asked you??

And the post you quoted, what part of that was being cocky? None of it.

What does having links on a truck have anything to do with it?
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warn Off Road
your awufully cocky for someones who has a "stick" crawler with links
WTF Dude? Do you see something I don't? how was he cocky?
Hell, If i remember right he posted in one of your MAX threads trying to help you out. Don't be a Dick, Dick.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

haha storm trooper air humping.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:13 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

I have no problem with anything said and it's my thread. Jeremy has been nothing but helpful to me in PM's we have had.

Bret