Default Re: Went with the Telluride.

My Telluride with his buddies.

wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2015, 10:12 AM   #82
wyd
Rock Crawler

Here are just a few of the other things I have had over the years that some of you guys might like to check out.

First is an XTM Excellerator I used for dirt oval. Used a ported Traxxas 2.5

Jato I also ran on the dirt oval when we use to got 50 plus trucks.

Loved my Schumacher MI2 from back in the day.

One of my favorite bodies painted by my friend at Fat Head Designs

My Losi Aftershock I use to have

Last one. Tamiya Terra Crusher
Old 07-16-2015, 08:05 PM   #83
RCC Addict

WOW! The Telly has a lot of nice friends.
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:11 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Would be faster for sure and the Axial ESC should be fine. I would add a fan to the motor if your going to do a lot of slow stuff to help keep it a little cooler and will get you more motor life. You might want to make it wide by using those axle spacers that the guy is using in that video you have posted. Just would help make it more stable for going really fast over the rough stuff.
Thanks Wyd for all of your help. I could yank the Castle MMP and the Tekin Pro4 4600kv out of the Wraith and put it in the Telly, or should I just leave it in and just go with the Titan brushed set up? The Telly would be a rocket with that brushless combo though!!! On 2s of course.....LOL
Old 07-16-2015, 08:33 PM   #85
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Thanks Wyd for all of your help. I could yank the Castle MMP and the Tekin Pro4 4600kv out of the Wraith and put it in the Telly, or should I just leave it in and just go with the Titan brushed set up? The Telly would be a rocket with that brushless combo though!!! On 2s of course.....LOL
Guess it depends how fast you need to go. I would leave the Wraith alone especially if it works for I would leave that combo alone.

I'm very happy with my Titan and on 3s you will have plenty of speed and power.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:18 AM   #86
wyd
Rock Crawler

MaX-D The short set of springs fit the rear but in the front looks like I will need to cut down the medium short black Losi springs to get them to fit without having so much preload on them. Did you cut yours down? If you ran XXL front and rear shocks then you wouldn't need to cut and could just use the short springs

Thanks

Last edited by wyd; 07-17-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:56 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Quote:
MaX-D The short set of springs fit the rear but in the front looks like I will need to cut down the medium short black Losi springs to get them to fit without having so much preload on them. Did you cut yours down? If you ran XXL front and rear shocks then you wouldn't need to cut and could just use the short springs

Thanks
No I didn't cut my springs. I have the Slash 4x4 GTR shocks. The Losi springs fit perfectly. Black in front, silver in the rear.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:16 PM   #88
wyd
Rock Crawler

Its been so hot out I have not even had a chance to run the Telluride or my AX-10 that are both ready to trail and crawl. The humidity is very high and normally rains as soon as I get off work. Then if I do get a few minutes of free time I need to mow the lawn. What an overrated experience. Looks brutally hot this weekend as well.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:18 AM   #89
wyd
Rock Crawler

Wow been too many months without posting whats going on. I just today ordered a new new Hitec high torque servo (HS 8335SH) which should be great for my Telluride and uses a 25 tooth spline so same as Futaba. The new higher end Hitec stuff is now all 25 tooth spline so its so easy to be compatible now when using different servo horns as everyone carries a Futaba horn. Once that is done truck is fully operational again. Can't wait as this is one of my main trucks to run.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:38 AM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Nice, I haven't run my stuff all year, Mom spent literally half of 2015 in hospitals of one sort or another, and it rained heavily for much of the summer too. I'm hoping to get some time to crawl this summer, or at least walk the preserve near work with at least one of my trucks!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:58 AM   #91
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Nice, I haven't run my stuff all year, Mom spent literally half of 2015 in hospitals of one sort or another, and it rained heavily for much of the summer too. I'm hoping to get some time to crawl this summer, or at least walk the preserve near work with at least one of my trucks!
I hope first and foremost that your mom is ok. Hope she has a speedy recovery. We didn't get a lot of rain but in the summer I also kayak and fish from my kayak so not much time to get get out but this year I will be running more than I did. I think of all the crawler stuff I have the Telluride is my most versatile truck of them all. It don't do any one thing great but does every thing pretty good overall so I'm very happy. I find the truck is also very bullet proof.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Thanks, she is doing well enough that we're looking at taking a trip to Iowa to visit family ans so she can go to her HS' last reunion (her's was the last class to graduate......over 50 years ago!) I'm thinking about taking my Fiesta (now with a E-Revo Beetle body on it) and/or my Telluride with, depending on what room I have to work with. I am happy with the Telluride to, it's pretty damned capable for what it is and what little work I've put into mine!
Old 02-02-2016, 10:35 AM   #93
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Thanks, she is doing well enough that we're looking at taking a trip to Iowa to visit family ans so she can go to her HS' last reunion (her's was the last class to graduate......over 50 years ago!) I'm thinking about taking my Fiesta (now with a E-Revo Beetle body on it) and/or my Telluride with, depending on what room I have to work with. I am happy with the Telluride to, it's pretty damned capable for what it is and what little work I've put into mine!
That is great news. Hope you guys have a fun trip. Your right for the little bit of work and money I spend on mine its been my go to truck almost every time I go out. Just like the fact I can trail and also get some air with the independent suspension. The fan on my motor helps keep it cool enough not to burn it up but lets me keep some of the extra speed that motor makes that pure crawlers only don't have.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:19 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Thanks, I've been stuffing change away and plan to until the trip for spending money, way I've done in the past and doing now, I could probably almost buy another Telluride by the time we leave! Going to throw the 2075 that had been in one of my Wheely Kings in mine, as well as eventually do the Maxx shock shafts in it, already done 3s battery hold down with the 5000mah 9.6v from my SCX10 too (put a 3s in that recently) too.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:43 AM   #95
wyd
Rock Crawler

Last night I had some time when I stopped by the hobby shop I help out at so I installed my new Hitec 8335SH High torque servo. This is one the newer versions that use the Futaba/Savox 25 tooth spline which is much more common than the standard Hitec setup. All the newer more high end stuff from Hitec is now coming 24 tooth which makes it great for me as everything I been using is Futaba so now I just drop in the new servo and use my original aluminum horns. Didn't get to drive it a lot but enough to see it will be perfect for my application.

Next thing will be to decide on what new body I want to get or if I just want a stock body but have a better paint job put on it. I have a 2009 Jeep body that might fit but will have to check it out. I'm sure I have a new one but if not I will be ordering something new very soon.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:31 AM   #96
wyd
Rock Crawler

Getting closer to having nicer weather so I'm making sure my Telluride is completely ready to go. Only thing I have to figure out is why my fan on my motor isn't working. I tried a different one so I think my plug came out of my receiver so I will check that and make sure I have it fixed. The other thing I will be doing is taking my Badland and Trencher tires and will be adding some of my racing tire compound I use for off road racing to soften up the rubber more so I get more grip. My new Pit Bulls are already super soft and work great so I will spend to next few weeks adding compound and put the tires in zip lock bags. I will keep doing this for a few weeks to really soften them up and then I will have 3 sets are tires that really hook up for me.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:42 PM   #97
wyd
Rock Crawler

Been awhile since I posted but I still have my Telluride. Its been bullet proof for me since I built it. My most fun crawler to run. The Axials iI have had been fun but the Telluride has been the most fun of all. It's just a great all around machine for me. Going to start working on it again over the next few months til spring gets here.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Right on! I've got a Stampede 4x4 VXL that I built up from a pre-roller chassis, back in November. Shortly afterwards, I decided I would convert it to a trail truck, using the brushed P4de diff gears, HR front locker, and Telly a-arms, and since I didn't already have Telly links & turnbuckles, I sprung for the Blue Monkey titanium link kit, for some added bling. I've got a Radio Shack Jeep hard body that I plan to use, since it has the correct wheelbase, but won't fit on any of my current scale 4x4 chassis. The plan is to use this truck on the less technical, "foot-friendly" trails, and reserve my SCX10's or Wraith for the more challenging, rocky trails. I half thought about selling the chassis and dropping the whole idea, but from threads like yours I'm encouraged to at least do the build, first, and see if I like it.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:41 AM   #99
wyd
Rock Crawler

I have to say this is my favorite truck hands down. When I go out to have fun this is always the truck I bring. Its not the best at any one thing but its fun on everything except maybe the extreme stuff which I didn't intend to do. I like to trail and some crawling.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #100
RCC Addict

Quote:
I have to say this is my favorite truck hands down. When I go out to have fun this is always the truck I bring. Its not the best at any one thing but its fun on everything except maybe the extreme stuff which I didn't intend to do. I like to trail and some crawling.
What motor and ESC are you using in your truck these days?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Went with the Telluride. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My take on a Telluride Trail Truck John82601 Traxxas Crawlers 60 02-02-2016 11:03 AM
Telluride? mwe-maxxowner Traxxas Crawlers 34 05-03-2015 06:53 AM
New traxxas telluride 4x4 crawlernut General Crawlers 31 12-15-2013 03:47 PM
Traxxas telluride azwheelman Videos! 18 10-03-2013 09:17 AM
Traxxas Telluride zjguy721 General Crawlers 4 09-06-2013 12:07 PM