Thread: Went with the Telluride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #101
wyd
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Went with the Telluride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
What motor and ESC are you using in your truck these days?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Funny you mention that. Right now stock motor and Castle Sidewinder. Coming soon will be one either the new Castle Sensored 1900kv motor (Like a 21.5) of a 2150KV (17.5) 4 pole sensored motors that they just came out with. Soon as they come off back order from my distributor I will have both. Not sure which one of the two I will put in but I like a little extra wheel speed so more than like the 2150 kv in the Telluride and then I will use the 1900 kv in what I think I will be buying (G Made Komoto). Esc wise since I don't think I will be running 1/8th this year will be either one of my Mamba Max Pro esc's or Castle sent me a new Mamba X to try out which is so way overkill but since I have it I might use or save it for something else. I think I might just use a Mamba Max Pro. I can't wait to get these new motors. The new motors are the 1406 size which is pretty much the standard size brushless.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2017, 01:28 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

I imagine that Castle Sensored Brushless motor will be a great match for the Telluride. I, myself, have too many motors, already, so I'm going to take the Trakpower 10.5T out of my Wraith, put the smallest pinion possible on it, and use it for my Telly. It makes my Wraith pop wheelies, so I figure it'll be more than sufficient. :P
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #103
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
I imagine that Castle Sensored Brushless motor will be a great match for the Telluride. I, myself, have too many motors, already, so I'm going to take the Trakpower 10.5T out of my Wraith, put the smallest pinion possible on it, and use it for my Telly. It makes my Wraith pop wheelies, so I figure it'll be more than sufficient. :P
The new Sidwinder with the 3800kv motor would be awesome in the Wraith or the Telluride. Lots of power and now that they are coming in sensored versions it would be a fantastic all around motor
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:54 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Hey Wyd. Hope all is well with you. It's been a while. Tell me 4 years later that it's redundant to build a Telluride because I have a TRX-4 sport. I've always wanted a Telly, A trail/crawler truck that can jump stuff. I have enough spare parts to build one except the chassis, one diff, and a servo.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote

Went with the Telluride. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My take on a Telluride Trail Truck John82601 Traxxas Crawlers 60 02-02-2016 11:03 AM
Telluride? mwe-maxxowner Traxxas Crawlers 34 05-03-2015 06:53 AM
New traxxas telluride 4x4 crawlernut General Crawlers 31 12-15-2013 03:47 PM
Traxxas telluride azwheelman Videos! 18 10-03-2013 09:17 AM
Traxxas Telluride zjguy721 General Crawlers 4 09-06-2013 12:07 PM