Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2020, 05:46 PM   #1601
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23drumerboy View Post
She's already dirty. Been to anxious trying out the new parts, 8n the past few days, i have added Injora 4.7" o.d. tires to my amazon aluminum beadlock wheels, which i have weighted with stickys approx. 3-3.5 oz per wheel. They look like Hyrax Knock-offs IMHO.

Also added brass outer portal covers which are if i remember right, 43g a piece? Been a nice addition to the wonderful traction of these Injora Hyrax knockoffs! Also added a cheap amazon winch, (wired control right now, as the included winch controller only responded to reel-in or button B commands. Could get her figured out, so i tucked my 3 pos toggle infront of l.r. wheel on floorpan

Re-added my favorite light bar to the front of my TRX4 sport body via superglue...ugh, dont ask...though it came out well, and i also added an LED light switch/controller so i can use ch 4 on my FS-gt5 transmitter to control all of my running lights, roof light bar, front grille light bar on and off via the ch4 toggle. Small vid attached.

Also added samix high-clearance 8pc links set (titanium). Been AWESOME for the normal "hang-up" that has me on the way to rescue thinking " are you JOKING rn?! U coulda had that!". Lmfao.

Also added my 93g brass front bumper/servo mount, as well as change all shock's fluids to 27.5wt oil. And grease the shock o rings. Love the softness/reactive-ness i have now even with preload damn near maxed out!

Something went wrong uploading pics and vids, let me eat some dinner, and ill add the attachments.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
https://youtu.be/NAHXLAr6Xio

23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2020, 05:59 PM   #1602
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23drumerboy View Post
https://youtu.be/NAHXLAr6Xio

Heres the pics from first post. Sorry

Old 08-31-2020, 07:29 PM   #1603
Quarry Creeper

Today i built a DIY trailer i got off of Amazon, and with the (as you all know of these "Chinese"/knockoff brands) the instructions were literally one piece of paper, filled out approximately 1/3 page per side (two-sided document, WITH MOSTLY pics)...came with damn 3,652.23 pieces of hardware/parts, and took me all of about 3 hours to assemble. But SUPER HAPPY with the end result! Now i can mob my TRX4 to my fave spots around the 'hood, and carry my crawler behind for backup, or to just put some more miles on the Ridgerock, as its been pretty stagnant since the arrival of the TRX4 Sport!, Or i can haul my on-road car to a place where the pavement is smoother and go annoy some DIFFERENT neighbors! Lol!

Love the trailer, however, all ive got to share is night-time pics from inside my messy garage. .

Enjoy!

Old 09-01-2020, 01:48 AM   #1604

Nothing as Epic as 23drummerboy but I installed a High Torque Brushless servo, and BEC then smiled as my Bronco can now do "push ups" if you will. Tomorrow, or later today I guess I'll be replacing axles... for giggles pretty much, as I'm just getting back into RC after a 20 year absence and things have improved so much in terms of quality, performance, and durability, that there seems to be very little that really "NEEDS" to be upgraded.

Won't slow me down any, but yeah.
Merovean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:29 AM   #1605
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovean View Post
Nothing as Epic as 23drummerboy but I installed a High Torque Brushless servo, and BEC then smiled as my Bronco can now do "push ups" if you will. Tomorrow, or later today I guess I'll be replacing axles... for giggles pretty much, as I'm just getting back into RC after a 20 year absence and things have improved so much in terms of quality, performance, and durability, that there seems to be very little that really "NEEDS" to be upgraded.

Won't slow me down any, but yeah.

I agree.

I rocked a direct powered servo and stock electronics for the first month, month and a half.

It was just fine.
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:38 AM   #1606
Rock Crawler

Default What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

This showed up yesterday.

So I will be entering the brushed motor world.

I知 debating on running it with the mamba x or putting some bullets on the HW 1080 I have.

I really really like and have become used to my throttle curves on the mamba.

Going to use my standard 9/45 gearing. So I知 excited to see the differences between a good brushed and brushless motors.

Eta - @jeff6x6

I noticed what you were talking about with mounting your torque master pro.

The mounting points on the can are way different than my brushless. 2 sets of mounting holes that are directly across from each other.

So we値l see.

Last edited by Benp; 09-02-2020 at 05:42 AM.
Old 09-02-2020, 05:37 PM   #1607
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
This showed up yesterday.

So I will be entering the brushed motor world.

I’m debating on running it with the mamba x or putting some bullets on the HW 1080 I have.

I really really like and have become used to my throttle curves on the mamba.

Going to use my standard 9/45 gearing. So I’m excited to see the differences between a good brushed and brushless motors.

Eta - @jeff6x6

I noticed what you were talking about with mounting your torque master pro.

The mounting points on the can are way different than my brushless. 2 sets of mounting holes that are directly across from each other.

So we’ll see.
As long as you use one hole then vertical above that one...your fine. I don’t like learning as I go...getting the old HH motor without the advance marks didn’t go well with me. I like to research and watch videos first. That ‘s when I found that English guy on YouTube with the same 4 hole motor. That gave me the go head. I’m guessing your going to love the slow crawl torque over the brushless.

Last edited by Jeff6x6; 09-02-2020 at 05:39 PM.
Jeff6x6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:37 PM   #1608
Rock Crawler

Default What did you do to your TRX-4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6x6 View Post
As long as you use one hole then vertical above that one...your fine. I don稚 like learning as I go...getting the old HH motor without the advance marks didn稚 go well with me. I like to research and watch videos first. That 壮 when I found that English guy on YouTube with the same 4 hole motor. That gave me the go head. I知 guessing your going to love the slow crawl torque over the brushless.

Ha ha! I hear you.

I filled out the info on his website regarding rotation and timing.

I put 6 degrees in because everything I do is slow and I run none with the brushless. In the blog I believe it is said that a little timing is good.

In the order comments I explained my exact setup and intent with this motor. I also stated if you feel my choices are incorrect please adjust accordingly.

This is what I got with no comments on the order slip.

Your guess is as good as mine regarding timing. Every motor Of his with adjustable timing I致e seen on the web or videos has timing graduations on the can.

Oh well. I知 flying blind as usual.

So we値l see how this goes. I知 pretty sure it値l be fine.

Last edited by Benp; 09-02-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2020, 03:25 PM   #1609
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Ha ha! I hear you.

I filled out the info on his website regarding rotation and timing.

I put 6 degrees in because everything I do is slow and I run none with the brushless. In the blog I believe it is said that a little timing is good.

In the order comments I explained my exact setup and intent with this motor. I also stated if you feel my choices are incorrect please adjust accordingly.

This is what I got with no comments on the order slip.

Your guess is as good as mine regarding timing. Every motor Of his with adjustable timing I致e seen on the web or videos has timing graduations on the can.

Oh well. I知 flying blind as usual.

So we値l see how this goes. I知 pretty sure it値l be fine.
You could snug the bolts just tight enough to move the cap back and forth. You can hear it louder and stronger as you twist the cap in small increments. I twisted till reverse was not as strong as forward and stopped. I would put a dot of white paint and ask how many degrees it was at to start. So you at least have a start point.
Jeff6x6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:31 PM   #1610
Rock Crawler

Old 09-05-2020, 06:58 PM   #1611
RCC Addict

I went for a early morning crawl before going to work at the farm today. Was a great time out at the washouts. I put the cut Canyon Trails on with stock foams and no venting. Due to my Hyrax looking like this.

From my last crawl with some buddies.

And I knew the canyon trails clean out better then the Hyrax. They were the perfect match for the clay.

In the end I was crawling through some tight areas that proved to be pretty difficult, but the Nuk pulled through.

Got a bit dirty and had a great time doing it! Can't wait to go do it again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:27 AM   #1612
Rock Crawler

Awesome!!!

Looks like a little bit of cleanup ahead of you.

I really like the cab and chassis/cage/flat bed look.

Your rig looks like it does well on the rocks.

That stinger bumper is fantastic!
Old 09-06-2020, 11:21 AM   #1613
RCC Addict

Quote:
Awesome!!!

Looks like a little bit of cleanup ahead of you.

I really like the cab and chassis/cage/flat bed look.

Your rig looks like it does well on the rocks.

That stinger bumper is fantastic!

5 mins with the water hose and she was all cleaned up! The cab was done by the amazing CODYBOY I designed the cage myself and a buddy welded it up for me. It's a very capable/stable rig. Allot of fun to crawl. Sometimes it's a little too capable and more challenging trying to find something to give it a challenge. I love it tho! I built that bumper not too long after I got my trx. It will probably always be on it. Stinger definitely does it's job
Old 09-11-2020, 06:35 PM   #1614
Pebble Pounder

Installed Integy front, rear & center skid plates. Samix brass diff covers, Bowhouse low battery tray, Vanquish front & rear bumpers and magnet mount body.

PFongemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:50 PM   #1615
RCC Addict

It's like those bumpers were made for that truck.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #1616
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
It's like those bumpers were made for that truck.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

There a little narrow but for $14 for the pair I壇 figure I値l give them a shot.

PFongemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:13 AM   #1617
RCC Addict

Buddy and I finished up his new Ford body and took it out for a shakedown run. My D110 and Bronco used to out-drive his in many situations but as of yesterday he is now able to outperform my Bronco. With his old top-heavy D110 body, the edge used to go in my favor but now with all he's done... the COG is lower, the longer wheelbase gives him a firm advantage in hill climbs, and he's balanced the weight front to back. We can still do the same lines but my Bronco bounces around more which leaves mine a lot of times, not pointing exactly where I wanted it. His is better planted and more controllable time after time on the same lines. I'm happy for him though. He's worked hard to get this truck not only looking great but performing great too. I'll dig up the dusty build thread and update soon.

high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:47 AM   #1618

Put some finishing touches on my sons SR5 body. Probably not the best choice for TRX four but I made it fit.
Attached Images

NightOwlRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:26 AM   #1619
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Buddy and I finished up his new Ford body and took it out for a shakedown run. My D110 and Bronco used to out-drive his in many situations but as of yesterday he is now able to outperform my Bronco. With his old top-heavy D110 body, the edge used to go in my favor but now with all he's done... the COG is lower, the longer wheelbase gives him a firm advantage in hill climbs, and he's balanced the weight front to back. We can still do the same lines but my Bronco bounces around more which leaves mine a lot of times, not pointing exactly where I wanted it. His is better planted and more controllable time after time on the same lines. I'm happy for him though. He's worked hard to get this truck not only looking great but performing great too. I'll dig up the dusty build thread and update soon.

Bro I love the way that Ford looks!!! And I'm not a Ford guy! Nice work brother!!!

Old 09-14-2020, 10:27 AM   #1620
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOwlRC View Post
Put some finishing touches on my sons SR5 body. Probably not the best choice for TRX four but I made it fit.

This thing looks great! Should crawl like a beast with that body on there!

What did you do to your TRX-4 today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM