Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Ascender/Tribute

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2016, 08:16 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Ascender/Tribute

Thanks for the info on the mirrors. I was about to give up, but now I have a set on the way.....from half way around the world lol.
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

For anybody on the "Axial RC Rock Crawlers" Facebook page, the cover photo recently was like a teal blue fullsize Bronco that used the new Proline body I believe. I hated that body until I saw it on that guys rig (I don't remember hsi name, so you'd have to dig around) but he did a great job with it.

Just my random two cents I'm throwing out there since you're all talking Broncos haha.
NickDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 06:55 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMFtwstdHICK View Post
Whoops, error on my part. I still have the metallic blue Bronco body. It's on the shelf. lol. I switched to a Blazer body for a longer wheelbase.

The one I was referring to was the Blue Bronco above that one. That was my SCX10 that was killer. Went everywhere. Loved that rig, but, the 1.1 Bronco needed gears. lol

I think I am gonna shit the bed and pick that weak ass Pro Line Fullsize Bronco body, just to have a Bronco body with a long wheel base. LOL.

Like the fleet of Bronco's idea!!! Was just saying I may pick up the new Pro Line Fullsize Bronco body for my Vaterra...
OK, that one's nice too.

Do it and post up.

You and Jeepiac both should do the fleet of Broncos lol.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Actually got a little bit of time to tinker today. Cut and bent the rod for the front bumper. Hoping I can get it stuck together with my spatter gun tomorrow, and I'm really hoping to finally get some paint slathered on the body.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
OK, that one's nice too.

Do it and post up.

You and Jeepiac both should do the fleet of Broncos lol.
I've already started sizing up the Vaterra Bronco body on my Sawback. It's on the back burner for now though. And I might end up getting that new Bronco thingy Pro-Line is producing for the kids Deadbolt.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:57 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Haaahah, Natedog.. I may just do that.. I have an HPI Bronco Body that my son wants to use on his G6 SCX10.. He wants it more scale..lol.. So, along with that one, fixing up my TLT Bronco crawler and possibly getting the new Pro Line Bronco body.. It would be pretty sweet. lol.

But, it's gonna be hard to buy that new Bronco body.. I just can't over how bad it is.. lol.. Maybe I will see if the local hobby store will get one, so I can see it in person. lol

Jeepiac.. Sorry to hijack your thread man.. lol
SMFtwstdHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:16 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Post away! I think you should go ahead and get the new Pro-Line body, paint it and mount it on something so the rest of us can see how its going to look. I think once a guy gets passed the crazy looking wheelbase it'll be fine
Old 07-03-2016, 03:56 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

I'm fastly becoming sick of tape, but not as sick as I am of Pro-lines lack of quality. Peeled of the protective covering to find a scratched, scuffed and overly blemished hunk of Lexan shit! This is the 3rd Pro-Line body in a row that's been like this. Guess I may just be a whiner, but I expect a .50 hunk of plastic I paid 40+ bucks for to be perfect. Rant over
Anyway, my man waayyy up North sent a picture of what he's been doing on the decals, and I gotta say that he's knocking it out of the park, and I couldn't be happier with the work he's put into redesigning the decals from a crap picture from my phone.
Paint is close to being done. I'll get some pictures later tonight, unless I have a spell and chuck it all in the street in a fit of rage.
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2016, 06:18 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Great build thread Jon. I can't believe sometimes that you have only been doing this for the short time that you have. One hell of a commitment to build this Bronco. I can't wait until the next trip ti Disney. I just really hope you let me drive it. Lol keep up the good work.
luckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:40 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckster View Post
Great build thread Jon. I can't believe sometimes that you have only been doing this for the short time that you have. One hell of a commitment to build this Bronco. I can't wait until the next trip ti Disney. I just really hope you let me drive it. Lol keep up the good work.
Thanks Lucky! I can't wait to take this to Disney and hopefully bring back a trophy with it at Crawl-a-palooza
You know damn well I'll make you drive it. I'll get you hooked on something other than Axial one of these days.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

A couple craptastic pictures. They kinda give an idea of what it's going to look like. I went back and forth on painting the inside vs painting the outside and making it dull like the 1:1 version. I like shiny things It'll dull up soon anyway. I'm not overly happy with how the grill looks, but it'll have to do. The hole in the grill is for the letters like in Russ's Bronco. DM is his fathers initials, and it wouldn't be complete without this detail in my opinion. I've got them made and just waiting for the paint to dry. They're not exactly like the 1:1, but once again, it'll work. How yall like these red fawking letters? Hurts your eyes don't it
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2016, 04:06 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Looks great Jon.
luckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:34 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckster View Post
Looks great Jon.
Thank you, Lucky! I'm really enjoying this build, aside from all the bitching I've been doing. Starting with a kit and a plan as you know is a big leap from figuring it out as I go, like I normally do. And I'm damn glad I picked the Ascender to do it with. I really think I'm going to love this thing when it's done. Gonna cry like a baby when it gets it's first scratch too
Old 07-05-2016, 10:46 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Hey Jon, that body looks great! You know, if you keep the rubber side down you wouldn't get any scratches!!!
Ernie,
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:30 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Jon, that body looks great! You know, if you keep the rubber side down you wouldn't get any scratches!!!
Ernie,
I never thought of that
Old 07-09-2016, 02:48 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Gmade makes these.Be pretty close to the ones on the 1:1 if you painted them silver

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk
avengernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:12 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Thanks, I've looked at those a couple of times. I'm kinda anti-plastic wheel. But I may end up going this rout to save money till I can find what I want in aluminum.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:57 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Found a pic of the new Pro Line "bronco" body that is "supposed to be "scale". LOL....

Yeah, There's just no way I can justify getting this body.. Bummer too.. Would love to roll a Full Size Bronco body on my crawler.
Attached Images

SMFtwstdHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Found a pic of the new Pro Line "bronco" body that is "supposed to be "scale". LOL....

Yeah, There's just no way I can justify getting this body.. Bummer too.. Would love to roll a Full Size Bronco body on my crawler.
That body would look great if the wheelbase wasn't so far off.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:15 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepiac View Post
Thanks, I've looked at those a couple of times. I'm kinda anti-plastic wheel. But I may end up going this rout to save money till I can find what I want in aluminum.
Gotta be metal (preferable steel) and beadlocks for me.

Quote:

Ya, the whole look is just wrong, grill and headlights not even close to scale or properly good looking, again I'll pass. Proline has made some really nice bodies, not sure what happened here.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Ascender/Tribute - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In tribute Jason817 Axial SCX-10 2 02-20-2015 01:49 AM
Tribute body! caci623 Paint and Body 13 09-24-2011 07:16 PM
Tribute Truggy derwood21 1.9 Scale Rigs 18 01-07-2010 01:19 PM
Hotness tribute vid hitman46mod Videos! 2 04-12-2008 01:26 PM