Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Asceder on its way

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2017, 09:15 PM   #141
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Asceder on its way

Phew...got the blazer put back together with shiny newly printed parts, just in time for a get together tomorrow with a bunch of people I've yet to meet. Should be fun!!. Ended up trimming the battery tray as was able to keep that stock and attach the front upper link to the same mount. Works good! Still need to make new lower links for the front since with the change they now hit the frame, loosing about 1cm of travel...so it's drivable! Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Chris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2017, 07:16 PM   #142
Quarry Creeper

Got out for about 3.5 hours today with some others from around the state. Fun to get out with people for a change! Was able to run each rig, nothing broke everything worked as intended. So all in all a great day! After trailing with Itali83 I can see I've got a little more tweeking to do, his bobbed blazer is super dialed. I'm thinking more weight up front and down low...so I'll have to start staring at my rig some more for some inspiration lol.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:12 PM   #143
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris81 View Post
Got out for about 3.5 hours today with some others from around the state. Fun to get out with people for a change! Was able to run each rig, nothing broke everything worked as intended. So all in all a great day! After trailing with Itali83 I can see I've got a little more tweeking to do, his bobbed blazer is super dialed. I'm thinking more weight up front and down low...so I'll have to start staring at my rig some more for some inspiration lol.

Thanks man. I had a blast trailing with another ascender set up very similar to mine. I can't tell you the number of hours I've just stared at my rigs thinking. Your skids did very well today and I think you've got a good design going. Keep it up!
Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:55 PM   #144
Quarry Creeper

Been MIA for a while still building my garage/workshop in my free time, I'll be working on electical this weekend, my goal is to be done completely by early summer....anyway, I actually sat down and made some new front links for the ascender, withe the raised skid the front lower links hit the frame rails. I used stainless tubing and brass threaded rod. The tolerance was tight enough that I could screw the brass right into the stainless...and it's not comming out! Seemed to work well and the SS should slide a lot better, I will probably do the rears too since they are pretty beat and starting to bow a little. Hope everyone had a great winter! Cheers.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:00 PM   #145
Quarry Creeper

Put my links in tonight, work pretty good, not bad for eyeballing it. They touch the frame just as the shock is bottoming out...fine with me! Not sure what's next for the blazer....I guess just wait for snow to melt (which may be a while we are gotting up to 2 feet tomorrow....ughhh this time of year is painful) and run it till some thing breaks! Putting together a bomber now for a little change of pace...unfortunately I'm missing a key part and waiting for it to be shipped to me. That's what I get for drinking the axial cool-aid lol. All kidding aside, it seems like a pretty well thought out rig, I'm looking forward to running it!

Old 03-06-2018, 08:00 PM   #146
Quarry Creeper

Ohh right...I took a picture!!

Old 03-07-2018, 03:16 AM   #147
RCC Addict

I'm keen to give one of those skids a try one day.

I like your home made links too, you can keep the snow! Visited the snow on holidays a few times, fun, but living in it would be a pain!
Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:37 AM   #148
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti.stealth View Post
I'm keen to give one of those skids a try one day.

I like your home made links too, you can keep the snow! Visited the snow on holidays a few times, fun, but living in it would be a pain!
I uploaded the skid to thingiverse, if you have a 3D printer or know someone with one go for it!

Old 03-24-2018, 09:40 AM   #149
Quarry Creeper

Tried out a 3s battery that I bought for the bomber I'm building up until now I've only had 2s batteries. I can see the apeal....and the potential for broken parts!

Old 04-01-2018, 06:51 AM   #150
Quarry Creeper

Been finishing up my bomber kit and though it's fun to bash around it doest require a lot of thinking to get where you want to go. Pretty much point and shoot. Makes me appreciate my ascenders even more actually, I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can give the ascenders some love!!! On a side note I really like the HW 1080 in the bomber, the programing options are awesome. I may need to pick up one for my ascender.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:21 PM   #151
Quarry Creeper

Just stopping by to say hello! Been really busy so I've not had a lot of time to play but the snow is Finnally gone and I've been able to put a couple packs through my rigs. I've got to say...I'm really not digging the bomber, ill give it a little more time, but right now leaning towards selling it and either getting a sawback with leafs, or holding off till vaterra comes out with something new...ascenders are just so awesome!!!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2018, 05:45 PM   #152
Quarry Creeper

Managed to play for a few minutes this this afternoon, first time in a couple months, been busy with finishing my garage and other house projects...they never end!!! Had to fight my daughter(3yrs) for the radio, I'm gonna have to get her her own I guess lol. Anyway the bomber is going down the road, just don't have that much fun with it, I'd like to get something with leafs I think, I enjoy the scale aspect of the hobby, much more than bashing. Cheers!!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2018, 08:01 PM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Glad to hear you are keeping busy and nurturing the future of rc ;) she needs a barrage!
Also I totally hear you on a leaf truck. My ascender is rear leaf and it convinced me I need a 4 leaf truck!
Hope your bomber goes to a good home and you get a good deal on a flat boinger!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote

Asceder on its way - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 II Vs Asceder Blazer Kit (a comparison as I build) Bry73 Axial SCX10 II 11 06-21-2016 10:39 AM