Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: My little Jimmy... lol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2020, 01:39 PM   #121
RCC Addict

Default Re: My little Jimmy... lol

I’ve made and tried a few different torque bars to help with axle wrap and they all hindered the already limited flex of the rear springs. It doesn’t seem to really affect performance, it just bugs me from a mechanics viewpoint. This is just not a throttle it out kind of truck, and even with an anti wrap bar of some sort, it’s still not a throttle it out truck and I’m good with that. So long answer, no I’m not going to try anything else.

My suburban is from North Carolina and I do drive it year round now. I’ve completely oil coated it inside every body panel from the windows down and underneath from bumper to bumper so hopefully it’ll hold up which it should. I have a hot water pressure washer at work so it gets washed weekly in the winter time too. I also have an 82 K10 from California that’s all original rust free that I keep tucked away during the winter.

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

My little Jimmy... lol - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don't Touch My Jimmy: GMC Jimmy build by CFM CarterFab Vaterra Ascender 31 11-01-2015 12:33 AM
Jimmy-Yeti jrkilburn Axial Yeti 2 08-29-2014 06:36 PM
Jimmy Fallon hotrodsonoma Chit Chat 1 06-10-2014 10:56 AM
can Jimmy do it THIS time? emaxxjeremy Chit Chat 3 11-18-2006 12:28 PM
Wheel Chinamans..lol had Carnage..lol UPNOVER General Crawlers 0 02-27-2006 08:03 AM