Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Badger's Vaterra Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #261
RCC Addict

Default Re: Badger's Vaterra Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinie_21 View Post
I've never owned a single vanquish product. Oh wait I have the 8* knucks/chubs. So I've spent around $75 on VP products. And I've never felt my axial rigs are unreliable. Cant think of the last thing I've broken!
Maybe you just need to drive better? ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Just my 2 cents but if you haven't broken anything your not haven fun
chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #262
RCC Addict

Ok, I have no affiliation to any of the rc manufacturing companies. I have owned over 30 different rc's over the years and this is the most complete package I have ever seen in an rtr. Package meaning quality of build, quality of components, durability, handling is superb with very little adjustment. Stock speed is good for most people, for those of us that always want more..... We would swap out the motor esc any way, he stock drive train seems to hold up to the rock412 on 3s no problem
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #263
Rock Crawler

The pure fact I can go by a true RTR for my son and not have to spend an extra 100 or 200 right out of the gate makes me a happy consumer!!! I welcome all the companies that strive to bring us the quality products that we want to buy. No rig is perfect right out of the box but the Twin Hammers has brought a new level of RTR expectations in my book.
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #264
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane View Post
The pure fact I can go by a true RTR for my son and not have to spend an extra 100 or 200 right out of the gate makes me a happy consumer!!! I welcome all the companies that strive to bring us the quality products that we want to buy. No rig is perfect right out of the box but the Twin Hammers has brought a new level of RTR expectations in my book.
I agree completely!
CuriousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #265
Rock Crawler

I would love to take this out and bash it and crawl it, Friday seems to be the day when my area will get them in stock, Badger please inform us how the brushless tekin setup works with this rig, I'm worried about the transmission failing under stress. Not sure if you have tired this but if there was a third position set correctly on the radio can you find a neutral spot on the transmission, or could you find a neutral posisiton at all with the radio off.

Also I can't rememeber if you did anything to the front diff, is it locked or did you put a heavy oil in it and crawl it yet. I really would like to know if 100k weight oil would be enough to crawl with.

Love the updates!

Last edited by nissan_driver24; 02-06-2013 at 02:37 PM.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #266
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
I would love to take this out and bash it and crawl it, Friday seems to be the day when my area will get them in stock, Badger please inform us how the brushless tekin setup works with this rig, I'm worried about the transmission failing under stress. Not sure if have tired this but if there was a third position set correctly on the radio can you find a neutral spot on the transmission, or could you find a neutral posisiton at all with the radio off.

Also I can't rememeber if you did anything to the front diff, is it locked or did you put a heavy oil in it and crawl it yet. I really would like to know if 100k weight oil would be enough to crawl with.

Love the updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Concepts View Post
i am running 500,000 in mine and it made it work alot better in the rocks!

Here you go Mike
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #267
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJrob View Post
was going to order a wraith in a couple weeks but i think ill hold off and keep an eye on this thing. im on the fence about it, part of me loves it, part of me is kind of iffy about it..
I'm in the same boat.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
TekmoCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #268
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I've never owned a single vanquish product. Oh wait I have the 8* knucks/chubs. So I've spent around $75 on VP products. And I've never felt my axial rigs are unreliable. Cant think of the last thing I've broken!
Maybe you just need to drive better? ;)

I have an XR10 and it would literally need something almost every single time I would drive it maybe I'm not a great driver who knows but I own a Berg now and it never breaks and for me it performs better.
My AX10 my SCX 10 are not as bad but yet they still have gone through many parts.
Also how often do you drive? I own 3 acres full of four wheeling and rock crawling areas for the RC's. I crawl all the time sometimes every day depending on the weather.

Last edited by Norcal_GIT_r; 02-06-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Norcal_GIT_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #269

Here's a new video I found on Youtube:

Vaterra Twin Hammers (Mud Plugging in the UK) - YouTube

Enjoy!
Sabrelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #270
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal_GIT_r View Post
I have an XR10 and it would literally need something almost every single time I would drive it maybe I'm not a great driver who knows but I own a Berg now and it never breaks and for me it performs better.
My AX10 my SCX 10 are not as bad but yet they still have gone through many parts.
Also how often do you drive? I own 3 acres full of four wheeling and rock crawling areas for the RC's. I crawl all the time sometimes every day depending on the weather.
Important to note that I only own scalers and an exo. Cant speak for the xr10 and never will own one. I'm not a fan of comp crawlers.
I drive at least once a week. One mildly upgraded scx10 I had for 1.5 years without any failures.
I've never stripped or broken any drivetrain or transmission piece. (i have broken a stock tf2 driveshaft)
It all just depends on how you drive them I guess. Maybe I'm just too careful. Maybe I can tell when just that much more throttle would break something so I back off instead of punching it. Maybe it's because I run 55t motors with 15tooth pinions.. Who knows.

I'm not worried about the durability of the TH too much. For my driving at least.

heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #271
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
I will definitely let you know next time I go to Niles. I'm not sure if you want to drive over to the peninsula where I'm at to check it out and drive it for yourself sooner. Let me know.
sweet! it looks like i'll be picking up the Twin Hammers this friday afternoon, so I look forward to meeting up with you guys locally if you do go out
SubyJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #272
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Important to note that I only own scalers and an exo. Cant speak for the xr10 and never will own one. I'm not a fan of comp crawlers.
I drive at least once a week. One mildly upgraded scx10 I had for 1.5 years without any failures.
I've never stripped or broken any drivetrain or transmission piece. (i have broken a stock tf2 driveshaft)
It all just depends on how you drive them I guess. Maybe I'm just too careful. Maybe I can tell when just that much more throttle would break something so I back off instead of punching it. Maybe it's because I run 55t motors with 15tooth pinions.. Who knows.

I'm not worried about the durability of the TH too much. For my driving at least.

No worries. I'm not down on Axial or vanquish I actually enjoy all the products I have from both companies I just think that the XR kits from axial could have been better made even if they cost more. I actually just got a great deal on a dingo kit so I'll be building a new SCX a few weeks.
But after reading what everyone saying about the hammers I think that's going to be a nice rig and it's going to be quality. I've already ordered a Hitec 7954 and I have a Holmes BRXL and a 12t cobalt puller for it. I hope I get it next week.
Norcal_GIT_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #273
Rock Stacker

Hi there i would like to thanks for all your kind reviews on this awsome product.
I have a few questions to ask on the million questions already asked.
The gears inside the transmission, are metal ones? Or plastic?
The driveshafs how are they? are metal or plastic? Or a mix of both like the wraith? In my wraith i make the mod of an allen bolt inside the splined driveshaft and no issues at all and i ran it with a mamba max pro + castle creations 2400kv 4 pole on 4s in sand dunes for speed with a 28t pinion, and no issues at all, how is it the drivetrain of this car? Any necessary upgrades out of the box?
Oh i forgot to ask with this transmission is there really the need of a sensored motor? or a low kv motor like a castle creations 2400kv 4 pole will do just fine on this truck? Or something similar to that.
thanks in advance
Nuno

Last edited by cravo; 02-06-2013 at 06:27 PM.
cravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #274
Rock Stacker

i drove out to hobbytown in concord and paid in full for my preorder. can't wait till friday afternoon
SubyJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #275
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubyJeff View Post
i drove out to hobbytown in concord and paid in full for my preorder. can't wait till friday afternoon
Very cool! What are your plans for batteries? The stock 2000 mAh lipo does not provide much run time with the stock brushed motor. If you plan on sticking with 2s lipo then I would get a couple shorty lipo's to give you more run time. I'm getting at least 45 minutes with the Tekin ROC 412 and 3s 2200 lipo's.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #276
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Lol But you drive like a little old lady Blake... I remember missing the november bbq at the comp because Of Grandma Blake driving. hahahahaha jk.
jthellfire911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #277
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthellfire911 View Post
Lol But you drive like a little old lady Blake... I remember missing the november bbq at the comp because Of Grandma Blake driving. hahahahaha jk.
hey this grandma driver beat you that comp didn't I?
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #278
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITRONAT View Post
Hello,

This is a very sexy RC !

I have a losi XXX SCB with tunning kit and BL motor 4700kv SC8 ESC, running in 2S lipo bat and my ration is 10,69:1 - my top speed is 70 km/h (~43 mp/h) with a GPS.

So I'm thinking about sell my SCB for take this vaterra... for try something différent.

- Does my BL combo will work with the transmition ?
- Do it turn well on "speed" gear, not like a SC of course, but better than a classic crawler i guess ?
- What is the RTR top speed ?

thx in advance and sry about my poor english ^^
- I'm pretty sure your brushless system will fit in the Twin Hammers, the chassis should have enough room for the SC8 ESC.
- I left the suspension stock which is pretty soft in the rear so it doesn't take high speed corners to sharp without barrel rolling it. You could easily stiffen up the suspension to make it take high speed corners better but then it wouldn't soak up the rough terrain as well as it does at high speeds.
- Unfortunately I ruined the stock electronics before I got to mount the GPS on it. I'm guessing it went about 15 MPH, maybe 17 tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
I would love to take this out and bash it and crawl it, Friday seems to be the day when my area will get them in stock, Badger please inform us how the brushless tekin setup works with this rig, I'm worried about the transmission failing under stress. Not sure if you have tired this but if there was a third position set correctly on the radio can you find a neutral spot on the transmission, or could you find a neutral posisiton at all with the radio off.

Love the updates!
The Tekin RS / ROC 412 brushless system is amazing in the Twin Hammers, so much power and fun! The drivetrain has held up fine to the brushless power. I don't understand your question regarding neutral position, why would you need to put the trasmission in neutral?

Norcal 2500HD came over today and put 500,000 weight in the front diff. It helped some with crawling but I think if you really wanted to hard core rock crawl with it you'll want to install the locker. The stock diff oil definitely made it easier to control at high speeds but I didn't mind it at all, Norcal 2500HD couldn't drive in a straight line to safe his life and as with every other RC he would turn every straight away into a chicane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravo View Post
Hi there i would like to thanks for all your kind reviews on this awsome product.
I have a few questions to ask on the million questions already asked.
The gears inside the transmission, are metal ones? Or plastic?
The driveshafs how are they? are metal or plastic? Or a mix of both like the wraith? In my wraith i make the mod of an allen bolt inside the splined driveshaft and no issues at all and i ran it with a mamba max pro + castle creations 2400kv 4 pole on 4s in sand dunes for speed with a 28t pinion, and no issues at all, how is it the drivetrain of this car? Any necessary upgrades out of the box?
Oh i forgot to ask with this transmission is there really the need of a sensored motor? or a low kv motor like a castle creations 2400kv 4 pole will do just fine on this truck? Or something similar to that.
thanks in advance
Nuno
I have not opened the transmission up yet but I am guessing they are mostly plastic as it doesn't sound like a all metal gear tranny does. The driveshafts have held up great to a lot of abuse, the drive shaft yoke is metal and the shafts are plastic. As I mentioned above the drivetrain is holding up great to the abuse we gave it.

If you want to do slow controlled crawling with it then yes I think you should have a sensored brushless motor, if you plan on doing more rock racing and bashing then a sensorless brushless system like the Traxxas Velineon because it is truly waterproof. I personally don't like Castle stuff, I've done nothing but burn it up.

Last edited by badger; 02-07-2013 at 02:37 PM.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:32 AM   #279
Rock Stacker

thx for you replies !

I think I will keep m SCB, the TH may will come in second so
NITRONAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #280
Pebble Pounder

Here in the uk they're in stock and at my main supplier they have gone out within 24hours
Is the rear diff locker plastic ?
Cheers , Jack
Jacksprogis is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vaterra-twin-hammers/425908-badgers-vaterra-twin-hammers-1-9-rock-racer.html
Posted By For Type Date
Vaterra Twin Hammers 1/10 4WD Rock Racer - Seite 2 - RC Crawler - RC-Erdferkel This thread Refback 03-18-2013 12:32 PM
the exo's newest enemy This thread Refback 03-15-2013 11:59 PM
the exo's newest enemy - Page 3 - RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 03-10-2013 12:32 PM
Vaterra Twin Hammers 1/10 4WD Rock Racer - Seite 2 - RC Crawler - RC-Erdferkel This thread Refback 03-01-2013 08:14 PM
Vaterra & Horizon Hobby Products : radiocontrol This thread Refback 02-15-2013 10:00 PM
Neu bei Jakspeed Racing = Vaterra Twin Hammers 1/10 4WD Rock Racer (Horizon Hobby) - Seite 5 - Jakspeed Racing - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 02-15-2013 03:52 PM
Vaterra - Horizon Hobby's new brand - Page 5 - RC Groups This thread Refback 02-13-2013 12:22 PM
RCMT Review Crew want to do Twin Hammers review??? - Page 2 This thread Refback 02-12-2013 06:43 AM
the exo's newest enemy - Page 2 - RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board This thread Pingback 02-10-2013 03:14 PM
vaterra twins hammer - Virgilio Ricerca Web This thread Refback 02-08-2013 02:54 PM
RC Elétrico - o fórum de automodelismo elétrico! • Tópico: - Vaterra RC alguém conhece? This thread Refback 02-08-2013 08:53 AM
Neu bei Jakspeed Racing = Vaterra Twin Hammers 1/10 4WD Rock Racer (Horizon Hobby) - Seite 4 - Jakspeed Racing - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 02-08-2013 01:56 AM
- Neuer Hersteller: Vaterra - offroad-CULT This thread Refback 02-07-2013 03:24 AM
Vaterra Twin Hammers - jetzt wird gefahren... - Short Course, Desert Racing und Tamiya SRB - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 02-06-2013 04:48 PM
RC Elétrico - o fórum de automodelismo elétrico! • Tópico: - VATERRA TWIN HAMMER REVIEW- NOVA MARCA DE RCS DA HORIZON This thread Refback 02-06-2013 03:37 PM
Er ist da - Vaterra Twin Hammers - Bilder - Die deutschsprachige HPI Baja Community This thread Refback 02-06-2013 11:57 AM
Er ist da - Vaterra Twin Hammers - Bilder - Die deutschsprachige HPI Baja Community This thread Refback 02-06-2013 11:47 AM
Vatis Doppelhammer, unboxing durch Sigi F. - Short Course, Desert Racing und Tamiya SRB - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 02-06-2013 08:49 AM
Horizon Hobby releases new Brand Vaterra with some cool new RC models This thread Refback 02-05-2013 11:46 AM
Vaterra Twin Hammers This thread Refback 02-05-2013 08:00 AM
Vaterra rc - Twin Hammers 1/10 Rock Racer This thread Refback 02-04-2013 08:32 AM
• Thema anzeigen - Vaterra - Twin Hammers This thread Refback 02-04-2013 08:27 AM
Vaterra RC from Horizon Hobby - Page 2 - RC News - Modelsport UK Forum - Page 2 This thread Refback 02-04-2013 03:26 AM
Ny bil....men hvilken??? - Generel diskussion This thread Refback 02-03-2013 01:33 PM
Rock Racer - RC Rock Crawlers & Scalers @ URC Forums This thread Refback 02-02-2013 05:59 PM
Horizon Hobby? Rock Racer, link This thread Refback 02-02-2013 02:34 PM
Vaterra "TWIN HAMMERS" 4WD Rock Racer. - Neuvorstellungen - RC-Monster-Trucks This thread Refback 02-02-2013 02:33 PM
Chase and Eggs - Page 108 - RCLargeScale.com This thread Refback 02-02-2013 02:05 PM
Mini Monster Club Romand • Consulter le sujet - Vaterra Twin Hammers, nouveau type de Scale... This thread Refback 02-02-2013 11:53 AM
Neu bei Jakspeed Racing = Vaterra Twin Hammers 1/10 4WD Rock Racer (Horizon Hobby) - Seite 2 - Jakspeed Racing - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 02-02-2013 04:45 AM
A.S.D.Trial Attack Racing Team - Online Users This thread Refback 02-01-2013 03:16 PM
Vaterra RC - Page 5 This thread Refback 02-01-2013 02:38 PM
vaterra - page 3 This thread Refback 02-01-2013 02:38 PM
4x4-Stubai - Neuer IFS Buggy: Vaterra Twin Hammers This thread Refback 02-01-2013 06:59 AM
Neuigkeiten 2013 - Bilder und Videos - rccrawler.eu This thread Refback 01-31-2013 11:06 PM
Novità da Horizon Hobby: VATERRA RC!! - Pagina 10 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 01-31-2013 04:55 PM
ùàìä Twin Hammer rock racer This thread Refback 01-31-2013 03:25 PM
denna var tøff This thread Refback 01-31-2013 02:01 PM
Mmmmm??? - Nostr Forums This thread Refback 01-31-2013 09:15 AM
Novità da Horizon Hobby: VATERRA RC!! - Pagina 7 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 01-31-2013 09:11 AM
Vaterra RC Twin Hammers IFS Desert Truck This thread Refback 01-31-2013 08:27 AM
Novità da Horizon Hobby: VATERRA RC!! - Pagina 7 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 01-31-2013 06:23 AM
Maritime Scale RC Forums - Vaterra Twin Hammers RTR Truck This thread Refback 01-31-2013 05:19 AM
the Crawl Pit • View topic - twin hammers This thread Refback 01-31-2013 01:07 AM
New Brand from Horizon coming tomorrow! - Page 2 - Oregon R/C Rock Crawlers This thread Refback 01-30-2013 09:24 PM
New Brand from Horizon coming tomorrow! - Page 2 - Oregon R/C Rock Crawlers This thread Refback 01-30-2013 09:10 PM
à¹à¸Ÿà¸™à¹†à¸£à¸–สเà¸à¸§ à¹à¸•à¹ˆà¹„ม่ลืมที่จะโหดต้องดูนี่ครับ " Twin Hammers " This thread Refback 01-30-2013 07:41 PM
Scale RC - Page 396 - R/C Tech Forums This thread Pingback 01-30-2013 07:26 PM
LO NUEVO ....Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer RTR by Vaterra - TwistedAndes This thread Refback 01-30-2013 03:38 PM
Novità da Horizon Hobby: VATERRA RC!! - Pagina 5 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 01-30-2013 02:44 PM

Badger's Vaterra Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vaterra Twin Hammers Picture Archive - No talking Rock Concepts Vaterra Twin Hammers 345 03-11-2024 05:55 PM
Badger's Axial SCX10 Jeep JK w/ VP Currie Rock Axles badger Axial SCX-10 283 01-23-2016 08:04 PM
Video of Twin Hammers Rock Concepts Vaterra Twin Hammers 78 04-09-2013 06:55 AM
Twin Hammers Rock Concepts Videos! 4 01-31-2013 02:50 PM
NEW Vaterra Twin Hammers Discussion nissan_driver24 1.9 Scale Rigs 51 01-30-2013 01:47 PM