Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: IRIE Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2015, 11:38 PM   #341
Rock Crawler

Default Re: IRIE Products

Nevermind on the last post, got it dialed. Works so much better than stock! Thanks.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2015, 04:47 PM   #342

Sir IRIE, Thanks again for the steering kit - installed this weekend - and am very happy.

SAVOX servo i used is a couple millimeters taller than stock steering servo so that was a bit of a challenge but your kit worked great.

Thanks again.
grvtyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:29 PM   #343
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvtyboy View Post
Sir IRIE, Thanks again for the steering kit - installed this weekend - and am very happy.

SAVOX servo i used is a couple millimeters taller than stock steering servo so that was a bit of a challenge but your kit worked great.

Thanks again.
It is good to here

A few other people have told me that the savox servo dimensions made it a tighter fit. If you had to do any fab work I would appreciate if you could post a picture here of what you did ,others may also. People have asked me just that question and I have no answer for them. I have only installed it with stock and a Hitec servos.
Sr.Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:21 PM   #344
I wanna be Dave

I recently purchased Irie's steering and shock tower kit, excellent product BTW. On my first run I was a bit hard on the TH and one of the towers bent, no biggie, bend it back. Well wouldn't ya know, I crashed off a sweet jump and re-bent it. I contacted Irie regarding the issue and before I can blink, there's a new one on it's way to me! Not only does Irie sell quality products, the CS is just as good! Many thanks Irie!
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #345
Pebble Pounder

Looking to get a GCM steering bell crank. BEC helped a little making the steering more reactive, but oh the slop!
Rob L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:36 PM   #346

Here's a picture of the taller savox with IRIE's steering setup. Used a rod end on the servo horn with a 4-40 hex screw. Threaded snug and tight.

https://goo.gl/photos/UdxSJUxDAGyxwi2e8

Last edited by grvtyboy; 08-10-2015 at 10:39 PM.
grvtyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #347
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvtyboy View Post
Here's a picture of the taller savox with IRIE's steering setup. Used a rod end on the servo horn with a 4-40 hex screw. Threaded snug and tight.

https://goo.gl/photos/UdxSJUxDAGyxwi2e8
That does not look as tight as some have made it out to be and thank you for posting this.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:21 PM   #348

Did you have an ETA on the steering setup for the Blue Monkey shock tower? Or did you scrap that R&D for fitment?
oxman283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:41 PM   #349
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxman283 View Post
Did you have an ETA on the steering setup for the Blue Monkey shock tower? Or did you scrap that R&D for fitment?
I will not be making any steering for the BM tower. Not that it could not be done, but the steering geometry did not come out to my liking.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:22 PM   #350

Hi do you have any full kits available? Tower, plate, bellcrank. Please let me know.
Istunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:28 AM   #351
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: IRIE Products Twin Hammer Steering & Axles

Looking to see if you have any of the plates and bell cranks sets ready to fly out the door?
onecool54@yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:32 PM   #352
Rock Crawler

Default Re: IRIE Products Twin Hammer Steering & Axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istunt View Post
Hi do you have any full kits available? Tower, plate, bellcrank. Please let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onecool54@yahoo View Post
Looking to see if you have any of the plates and bell cranks sets ready to fly out the door?
I do have some in stock at this time
I also have just picked up the next batch of cryoed race prepped axles, so they are in stock again.

If you would like one PM me your PayPal address and what you would like and your location and I will send an invoice.

For the people waiting on GCM kits I have had time to get some done and have sent PM's to just about everyone on my list (still behind), so if you were waiting check your box.

Last edited by Sr.Irie; 08-28-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:58 PM   #353
Rock Crawler

Old 08-31-2015, 06:54 PM   #354
Rock Crawler

Great crawl spot today, if I was not such a forgetful dumas I would have video footage.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:07 AM   #355

just so everyone knows, the BM shock towers will work with the irie bellcrank/shocktower, just remove the irie shock tower and grind down 2 spots above the screws on the bell crank and boom it fits then use longer screws to go in the stock holes
AtlRccrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:52 PM   #356
Rock Crawler

Today I put my new composite tower on and set out to run as many laps of my backyard U4 track as I could. I ended up going through 8 batteries which is around 5 hours of running at race pace. Well the tower has held up so far but I did brake some other things. The new rock garden section is brutal but fun.

First all 4 bolts that hold the ring gear to the carrier sheered. There is no sign of them being loose as the holes in the ring gear are not ovaled but they still could of been, do not know.

New bolts, new carrier put it back together went back at it.
Then when I was all done and blowing the hammer of with air. I noticed the rear tires had some rotational play in them, more than normal.
When I got inside I pulled the tires off and this is what I found.

The pieces were just binding up in there and it was still driving both rear tires.

Do not take this the wrong way, I am not complaining at all. In fact I am amazed how much punishment the hammer will take without breaking. All these pieces are the factory parts that came with my hammer over 2 years ago and have taken allot of use and abuse. Also my new rock section is as I said brutal and will be a good test for things.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:59 PM   #357
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Irie View Post
Today I put my new composite tower on and set out to run as many laps of my backyard U4 track as I could. I ended up going through 8 batteries which is around 5 hours of running at race pace. Well the tower has held up so far but I did brake some other things. The new rock garden section is brutal but fun.

First all 4 bolts that hold the ring gear to the carrier sheered. There is no sign of them being loose as the holes in the ring gear are not ovaled but they still could of been, do not know.

New bolts, new carrier put it back together went back at it.
Then when I was all done and blowing the hammer of with air. I noticed the rear tires had some rotational play in them, more than normal.
When I got inside I pulled the tires off and this is what I found.

The pieces were just binding up in there and it was still driving both rear tires.

Do not take this the wrong way, I am not complaining at all. In fact I am amazed how much punishment the hammer will take without breaking. All these pieces are the factory parts that came with my hammer over 2 years ago and have taken allot of use and abuse. Also my new rock section is as I said brutal and will be a good test for things.
Wow is this the rtr? And does your steering kit work with stock suspension?
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:14 PM   #358
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Wow is this the rtr? And does your steering kit work with stock suspension?
It is the RTR and my kit does work with the stock suspension.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #359
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Great crawl spot today, if I was not such a forgetful dumas I would have video footage.
Nice pics and sweet crawl spot.

Quote:

New bolts, new carrier put it back together went back at it...

...Do not take this the wrong way, I am not complaining at all. In fact I am amazed how much punishment the hammer will take without breaking. All these pieces are the factory parts that came with my hammer over 2 years ago and have taken allot of use and abuse. Also my new rock section is as I said brutal and will be a good test for things.
Nice testing and two years on stock parts is pretty good. Those four ring gear mounting screws look like stainless steel from here, which break, bend and strip way too easily compared to regular black oxide steel.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #360
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post

Nice testing and two years on stock parts is pretty good. Those four ring gear mounting screws look like stainless steel from here, which break, bend and strip way too easily compared to regular black oxide steel.
No there the black oxide stock ones. They got a little chewed up after they sheared from me finishing the lap and driving it back to the house in 2WD with the ring gear just spinning on the carrier.
You have to drive home, this is no trailer queen

IRIE Products - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vanquis products VS mayhem products bigg rocker Tires and Wheels 23 01-09-2011 08:13 PM
DankyCrawler's Project "Irie" dankycrawler 1.9 Scale Rigs 40 11-30-2009 02:20 PM