Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: IRIE Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2015, 06:34 PM   #361
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: IRIE Products

Nice, wasn't sure...kinda looked like black down in between the threads....but.

Yes, gotta drive home. When I broke my SCX10 axle housing early in the day I kept crawling all afternoon...fawk it...chewed a set of stock gears...oh well better than not crawling.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2015, 10:45 AM   #362
Rock Stacker

anybody know how to get a kit.....pmd and no responses?
driftah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:23 AM   #363
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftah View Post
anybody know how to get a kit.....pmd and no responses?
Give him time he will respond.
mnickolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:44 AM   #364
Rock Crawler

All PM's responded to.

Yes I am still here and making kits, slowly at times I admit. As usual time is short and the spare time I have had I have been spending it outside before the weather turns sheety.
Sr.Irie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:07 PM   #365
Rock Crawler

Happy All Hallows Eve to all

I love this holiday
Old 11-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #366

did you ever figure out a heavier duty shock tower Irie ?
AtlRccrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:31 AM   #367

Default Re: IRIE Products Twin Hammer Steering & Axles

A GCM tower/top plate and an Irie steering set up are on the 'must have' list. I was just wondering is anyone running any sort of servo saver or have you all found it unnecessary? Don't know if you could fit one with this set up.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
luminova11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #368
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminova11 View Post
A GCM tower/top plate and an Irie steering set up are on the 'must have' list. I was just wondering is anyone running any sort of servo saver or have you all found it unnecessary? Don't know if you could fit one with this set up.

Modern servos (high torque, metal gears, etc...) have pretty much eliminated the need for servo savers over the last few years. Not only is there no need, you will lose a lot of the steering response and feel with one that makes the Irie kit and modern servos what they are.

Could you fit one though? Not sure. Kimbrough makes some mini savers that may fit, but without quite a bit of hacking I can't see a fullsize unit fitting without interference somewhere. It's tight in there!

Last edited by 89redranger; 11-05-2015 at 10:33 AM.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:22 AM   #369
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlRccrawler View Post
did you ever figure out a heavier duty shock tower Irie ?
Some what.
I have had very little time lately and been trying to get kits done for people with what free time I have had, so they have taken kind of a back burner. Although when I received the new plastic that I am trying this time around, I did make up 3 towers and I have been running them ever since. It has held up to many rolls, flips and crashes but I have been able to break 2 of them. One broke when I lost it at full speed on my asphalt drive and the truck rolled, flipped and cart wheeled multiple times. The other broke when I did not quite make my double jump on my backyard U4 track and the rear tires just clipped the lip of the landing ramp. This put the truck in a cart wheel/roll thing slamming it to the ground basically with all the force on the shocks and tower. This new plastic is strong and for 87% of people with a Twin Hammer I believe it would be fine. But I am trying to make it for the 13% of us that drive like someone else stole it.

I have one other product I can try from the same company, that is if there not sick of dealing with me.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:40 PM   #370

have you also thought about upgrading the cross pins inside the cvd and outside to axial sized cross pins ? i have done it my self buy its a real pain when you don't have the right tools my race ready axles exploded 2 days after the comp here in atlanta at those cross pins once i upgraded they have been fine, even started to twist one of the axles but no broken pins
Old 11-05-2015, 01:53 PM   #371
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminova11 View Post

I run the GCM plate and shock tower set coupled with Irie's steering in one of my TH. While it is a solid setup, it adds a ton of weight to the front of the rig. This weight can be helpful in crawling, but really wrecks the jumping imo. If you want to keep a weight balance i would look at a lighter shock tower. I would go with Iries if i were to do it again. I may be wrong but it looks a lot lighter by design. The bell crank steering is awesome.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #372
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlRccrawler View Post
have you also thought about upgrading the cross pins inside the cvd and outside to axial sized cross pins ? i have done it my self buy its a real pain when you don't have the right tools my race ready axles exploded 2 days after the comp here in atlanta at those cross pins once i upgraded they have been fine, even started to twist one of the axles but no broken pins
I did contemplate increasing the cross pin size when I first started doing these axles. I just did not because I had such good results with the chromoly cross pins. It is surprising to here they went so fast for you because I have had people run my axles properly maintained for whole U4 seasons with no issues. As for me I have been running the same set for probably a year or so now. I do probably over maintain (if there is such a thing) mine because where I live the soil is very volcanic and it eats up everything if you do not.

I may still do just this if people think it is something they would want. The problem being I just do not have the time for my RC addiction/hobby as I once did, so it may take awhile. Making the fixtures to hold the parts for machining properly would be the time consuming part (as always) but once I got them done it would be rather easy to do.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:20 AM   #373
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Irie View Post
I do probably over maintain (if there is such a thing) mine because where I live the soil is very volcanic and it eats up everything if you do not.
Central/Southern Oregon moon dust bro! That's all they need to know. Stuff is similar to running glass shards through your rig. Bwahaha...

Sorry to interrupt.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #374
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
Central/Southern Oregon moon dust bro!
NO SHEET
Old 11-07-2015, 09:03 AM   #375

So can I get the sr. Irie upgraded steering but keep the cantilever suspension?
jtthebiggafigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:00 AM   #376
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It is the RTR and my kit does work with the stock suspension.
He answered my same question in the afirmitive...
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:44 PM   #377

Quote:
I did contemplate increasing the cross pin size when I first started doing these axles. I just did not because I had such good results with the chromoly cross pins. It is surprising to here they went so fast for you because I have had people run my axles properly maintained for whole U4 seasons with no issues. As for me I have been running the same set for probably a year or so now. I do probably over maintain (if there is such a thing) mine because where I live the soil is very volcanic and it eats up everything if you do not.

I may still do just this if people think it is something they would want. The problem being I just do not have the time for my RC addiction/hobby as I once did, so it may take awhile. Making the fixtures to hold the parts for machining properly would be the time consuming part (as always) but once I got them done it would be rather easy to do.
you should really do it on the next few batches it really made them bulletproof also i used cobalt coated cross pins
Old 11-08-2015, 08:15 AM   #378

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
Modern servos (high torque, metal gears, etc...) have pretty much eliminated the need for servo savers over the last few years. Not only is there no need, you will lose a lot of the steering response and feel with one that makes the Irie kit and modern servos what they are.

Could you fit one though? Not sure. Kimbrough makes some mini savers that may fit, but without quite a bit of hacking I can't see a fullsize unit fitting without interference somewhere. It's tight in there!
Thanks.
That's pretty much what I thought but wanted to check, I've only just come back into the hobby after a looooong break.

luminova11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:01 PM   #379

Anyway to use this steering kit and leave the shocks in their original location??
eMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:22 PM   #380
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMoon View Post
Anyway to use this steering kit and leave the shocks in their original location??
Are you kidding?

If not read back but a mere couple of posts
smog is offline   Reply With Quote

IRIE Products - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vanquis products VS mayhem products bigg rocker Tires and Wheels 23 01-09-2011 08:13 PM
DankyCrawler's Project "Irie" dankycrawler 1.9 Scale Rigs 40 11-30-2009 02:20 PM