Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: Official VF/DNA/BWD Customer Service/Feedback Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #601
Pebble Pounder

Smile sorry about wording

i apologize for the way i worded my previous message. im just trying to introduce a new segment of the hobby industry namely crawling to newbies in general as of lately we in the east coast, namely the tri state area have been battling a losing battle. hobby shops keep going out of business ,tracks and air fields are closing down due to noise restrictions, most important real estate taxes, so im just trying to stay in business and not have to go out of business. so sorry if i ruffle some feathers, i'll keep after my distributor and if that doesnt work i'll buy from another
fperez0209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2009, 06:44 PM   #602
Rock Crawler

Once again, DNA has EXCELLENT customer service!! Thanks Solomon!!
MDcrawler72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #603
RCC Addict

DNA,

I recently ordered in a black DNA dig from RCP Crawlers in late January and have since installed it this past week (waited on servos to come in). Managed to get it installed fine, linkages adjusted as per the webpage and tested it out when installed. I could get it to go into DIG no problem everytime, but getting it back into 4WD was proving to be an issue.

I did try adjusting epa's all the way out to 150% (using HS-225mg and there was no servo binding btw) and it still would not go back into 4WD easy enough. Thought ok, maybe it was just the long set screw to brass shaft pin that was too far out and causing it to angle bind on me. Either that or move the servo horn towards the rear and get a bit more torque in forward throw or an issue with my drive shafts. No problem, take apart the unit and double check it for any binding and resetup linkages.

Upon removal, I noticed that I had some wobbling happening on the output / inner most cog within the unit. After checking out the "forward" most output shaft piece I noticed that there is a slight "wave/bend" to the surface of that part that meets the ax10 plastic gear.

16.70mm is the overall part length on my digital caliper (Mitutoyo Absolute), when you spin it very slowly within the calipers teeth (keeping moderate pressure on thumb wheel) it changes to a maximum of 16.93mm. The larger output appears to be alright, it only fluctuates from a lowest reading of 26.46mm to 26.56mm. The cog that rides on the output shaft appears to be true as well.

I don't belive this wave is normal? Could this be where the cog wobbling is coming from?

Also, I just noticed on that same part, the surface that meets up with the bearing that is embedded within the trans case, does not have a flush mounting surface and is easily "rocked" with finger pressure. The stock axial output is entirely flush and a section is cut out within the shaft to ensure flush mounting to bearing. I also believe the shaft that slides into the bearing is .06mm too small when compared to the axial part. I read a size of 7.97mm for the Axial unit and 7.91mm on your outputs.

I do have photos if requested.

I will wait for your reply before attempting to rebuild it.

Thanks

Last edited by Nerve; 02-24-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #604
I wanna be Dave

Well, I'm one of the first guys to get the New Steel Internals Dig from DNA, Solomon had a promo sale of 2 units and I was lucky enough to get one of them! And I got to hand it to them , Really really nice work! Solomon is a real stand-up guy, DNA is a company that I would be proud to represent any day!
Thanks again, Much appreciated!

Jesse
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #605
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fperez0209 View Post
i apologize for the way i worded my previous message. im just trying to introduce a new segment of the hobby industry namely crawling to newbies in general as of lately we in the east coast, namely the tri state area have been battling a losing battle. hobby shops keep going out of business ,tracks and air fields are closing down due to noise restrictions, most important real estate taxes, so im just trying to stay in business and not have to go out of business. so sorry if i ruffle some feathers, i'll keep after my distributor and if that doesnt work i'll buy from another
Noo worries. I understand 100% Can you e-mail solomon@dna-rc.com and see what we can work out ?
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #606
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
Did i also read correctly that if my dig has the brass pin you'll replace it with a upgraded one?
That is correct.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:10 PM   #607
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfox109 View Post
Solomon i sent you an email a few days ago just wondering if you've gotten it.
no i did not can you please resend?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:48 PM   #608
Quarry Creeper

Solomon, E-mail sent
towtruckmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #609
I wanna be Dave

One thing about the steel internals VS the aluminum, Is that when using DIG with the rears locked, If you start to really dig with the fronts causing the rears to really hook and hold their ground, The unit will not easily shift back into freewheel or 4wd, you have to hit reverse quickly to take the pressure off the Dig unit to let it slide,(losing points in the process!) I'm thinking of chamfering the cogs a little on the Rear lock side to make disengaging a little easier, I had the same problem on my aluminum setup but not nearly as bad. Otherwise works smooth as silk!!!!!!!

Any words of advise????
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #610
RCC Addict

Hey whats up? Just got my self a dig & and was realy thrown off when I went to remount it back in the frame. There is no room for the link ends. Some of the guy's in my club have done grinding & I'm not sure I want to do that. I was going by your build on DNA's web page but, y'all usae the stock skid plate. I mean come on how many guy's go as far as putting a dig on and not moving there links on the inside? Here are some pic's of what I've seen done.

Here is my Rig. You must learn to crawl before you walk.

Last edited by Creepy Inc.; 02-26-2009 at 06:34 AM.
Creepy Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #611
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyb View Post
I haven't figured out how to mount my links inboard with the dig there, anyone figured that out, removing material or something?

Me 2.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #612
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Me 2.

Right now all my links are inboard, but that one, its on the outside of the frame. Looks horrible. I am not against filing that much, but that would be alot of grinding.
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #613
RCC Addict

Well I figged it out. The damm STRC skid is just to thin.

Here are some pic's of a EEM skid.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #614

shim your dig unit up till you get the clearance you need or go to a thicker mount plate.
hollywood2979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:24 AM   #615
Pebble Pounder

email sent to don@dna-rc.com, should send it to somebody else as well?
GixxerCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:54 AM   #616
RCC Addict

Hey Solomon, I got it!

Name:  Mantis+Bully.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  69.6 KB

Stock links work well with the Bully -- just a minor mod to the upper front. Shock clears the gear housing too. Shimmed the rear upper link with o-rings for tunable rear flex, it does works like magic. Wow, never seen before the moves that the Mantis does.

Thanks a million and do send thanks and regards to Don. You guys are simply Awsome.

Also, RCHQ service is first class. Steve was accommodating and delivered fast. Definitely a Gem.
Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #617
Rock Stacker

Default DNA Dig

Just tryed to install tyhe dig I bought for my AX10, is there more than one trans for this the package say for AX10. Is a AX10 Scoprpion have a different trans the dig I have does not go up and close of the original input from fly wheel ? Total nubie very lost
Timothy Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #618
Holmes Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Hill View Post
Just tryed to install tyhe dig I bought for my AX10, is there more than one trans for this the package say for AX10. Is a AX10 Scoprpion have a different trans the dig I have does not go up and close of the original input from fly wheel ? Total nubie very lost
OK,First you need to go to:www.dna-rc.com,how to install a dig
Make sure you've got it together right.Both trans. are the same but I don't understand your question.The original output should have been replaced with the dig output,then the dig and housing are bolted to the tranny case.Hope this helps
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #619
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Well I figged it out. The damm STRC skid is just to thin.

Here are some pic's of a EEM skid.

Wow DNA thanks for all the feed back. My be y'all should make your owen skid plate and let people know that they my need to get a dif plate when installing a dig

Last edited by Creepy Inc.; 03-20-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #620
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210solomon007 View Post
no i did not can you please resend?
Oh Sorry i must have missed this post, anyways my problem was takin care of when i bought the HD unit. Now i see why i never got any replies. Thanks though for trying, next time ill have to look closer when im skimming through posts.
cfox109 is offline   Reply With Quote