Notices

Thread: Official VF/DNA/BWD Customer Service/Feedback Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #501
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlincircles View Post
Hey solomon,

Don't bother, I could not wait any longer for you guys and had to go with some STRC ones. Not my first choice but I will have to make do.

I guess you do not care about loosing a sale. It is kind of sad that a company with such promise can't get product to the shops for people to buy, can't answer/return calls, and are to busy to take my money.

The only people who seem to have access to everything they need when they need it are your sponsored racers that are always showing off their latest freebies.
Sorry that we did not return your call. We alway ask people to e-mail customerservice@dna-rc.com so we can track. If your parts dont work out lets us know. Also when did you post here. I check back from 10-30-08 to now. Also I have been out of the office since Monday and I am back. Our office is Closed on Fridays as we work 7:00am-5:30pm Monday - Thursday.

Last edited by 210solomon007; 01-21-2009 at 04:13 PM.
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 04:07 PM   #502
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
Originally Posted by WarTrader
OK ONE MORE TIME!! I have a DNA mini SS Chassis. The skidplate broke at the front lower link-chassis mount and I have a stress crack on the rear both same side torque side! No I've not had any hits at all on this thing yet.. Now as I have stated in my PM's, posts and Emails I have the thing CA'd back together but it is looking like it may let go again soon!

I need a replacement, If I have to pay for it fine. But I need it. Now I posted here three times, first I was told to email customer service done... aparently no response. posted second time to see what was going on completely ignored. Third time you told me you'd get with me within the hour three hours later you pm'd asking what kit I had I told you, you responded with the date that I recieved my chassis!

Now I'm really starting to sound like a raving @#$%^&* but I would like to get a new skid plate for my MINI SS.

Umm this all happened on the 14th of Jan I was just wondering if this has shipped? I've recieved no notification that hit has. Sorry to be a pest but I've had to CA my skidplate together again and it is trying to let go.

I have also PM'd
PM replied. It was returned from the USPS today UTF. Reseding to the address in the PM. Sorry for the trouble.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #503
Rock Crawler

Thanks solomon I'm really excited to get this fixed. I finally have a great articulating, unbelevable performing Mini SS now I just need to get the skidplate so I can have more faith in it's reliablity.

You guys make some great products that work great with a little testing and bench time!

I don't understand UPS's problem the have dropped off three other packages for me from work at that address (same addy you guys used for my chassis too) in the last week and a half that is the first time that has happened.. It is a conspiracy I bet my delivery driver drives 1.9 class comps too and doesn't wanna get beat ....

Last edited by WarTrader; 01-22-2009 at 09:57 AM.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #504
Rock Stacker

Just got a DNA dig. It would bind so bad. It smoked a brand new hitech servo. After much time looking at the whole thing. It turned out to be the DNA case not fitting against the tranny case perfectly. The erea around the tranny mounting screws was not clearanced enough to allow the two cases to contact completely. Some carefull dremel action ( a little at time and check fit) Instant fix. Anyone with binding problems should take a look at this. Although, I am very impressed with the engineering of this peice. I had a HR dig and it was good for the money (also needed much modding to get it to perform well. I have to say the HR is very "bubble gum machine" compared to the DNA. Please let me know your findings.

Thanks, Dave
droogin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #505
Rock Stacker

Also my hub on the outdrive had a slight wobble to it and the brass pin. I got them to run true. I still had the bind. You also need to use thread lock and only snug the tranny bolts. Aany over tightening distorts the plastic housing causing a bind. Loosen your bolts and clearance your housing.
droogin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #506
I wanna be Dave

Great tips droo...thanks for sharing. We will look into the case thing Monday morning. Problems like this occur when you match a machined part up to an injection molded part. Any fluctuation on either part will result in a slight misfit. Thanks for the heads up and keep on diggin!

Don
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:41 AM   #507
RCC Addict

Default DNA Dig with RC4WD AX10 gear set

Just curious but will the DNA Dig work with the RC4WD steel gear set? the main oput gear and shafts are all one piece machined out of hardened steel, I am getting a DNA Dig soon it's already n the mail so I hope it is compatible.

Here is a pic of what the new gear/output shaft combo looks like
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #508
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadk9420 View Post
Just curious but will the DNA Dig work with the RC4WD steel gear set? the main oput gear and shafts are all one piece machined out of hardened steel, I am getting a DNA Dig soon it's already n the mail so I hope it is compatible.

Here is a pic of what the new gear/output shaft combo looks like
I hate to be the bearer of bad news bud but the rear output for the dig is way different than the stcok parts. The all steel set is basiclly just a one piece steel version of the stock parts so it won't work. Sorry bud. You can still run the other two gears.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #509
I wanna be Dave

Just wanted to let you know that the DNA Slingshot Chassis along with the DNA Dig just won a local Comp in Northern Indiana this on this weekend!!! The Rig ran flawlessly and I can say that it was Very predictable and stable throughout the whole course!!!
Thanks for making such great products. Now If I can just find a way to make my dig last a bit longer between rebuilds.

I'm having a slight problem with disengagement from DIG to Freewheel after Digging hard and slightly binding things up in the drivetrain. it seems that the supplied mount with the Dig raises the servo up enough that the Linkage tends to bend a bit not giving full engagment or disengagement. The next problem is the carrier for the rear output( basically the little "C" shaped part that slips into the output drive that moves it back and forth, has alot of play in it and will allow for a sloppy fit, just a tiny movement back or forth causes it to grab in 4wd or DIG when in Freewheel. My servo settings are perfect. Just seems sloppy.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #510
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Just wanted to let you know that the DNA Slingshot Chassis along with the DNA Dig just won a local Comp in Northern Indiana this on this weekend!!! The Rig ran flawlessly and I can say that it was Very predictable and stable throughout the whole course!!!
Thanks for making such great products. Now If I can just find a way to make my dig last a bit longer between rebuilds.

I'm having a slight problem with disengagement from DIG to Freewheel after Digging hard and slightly binding things up in the drivetrain. it seems that the supplied mount with the Dig raises the servo up enough that the Linkage tends to bend a bit not giving full engagment or disengagement. The next problem is the carrier for the rear output( basically the little "C" shaped part that slips into the output drive that moves it back and forth, has alot of play in it and will allow for a sloppy fit, just a tiny movement back or forth causes it to grab in 4wd or DIG when in Freewheel. My servo settings are perfect. Just seems sloppy.
the new servo mount and plate on the cfx will solve your problem. relocates it for a more linear actuation.its looks awesome.
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #511
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYGOAT View Post
the new servo mount and plate on the cfx will solve your problem. relocates it for a more linear actuation.its looks awesome.
Wonder if DNA will just sell that Servo Plate??? By looking at that servo plate, I can see how it would be much better, If I cant buy one, I'll probably try too make one or something.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:37 PM   #512
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Wonder if DNA will just sell that Servo Plate??? By looking at that servo plate, I can see how it would be much better, If I cant buy one, I'll probably try too make one or something.
yes they do. I think its $30 for the pair of them. They not only work great for the dig servo but they come in handy for mounting the esc, bec, and reciever for a clean and out of the way setup.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #513
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210solomon007 View Post
Ok guys. Here is what we are going to do. Monday we will send you both all new internals. Or send the trans and dig in and we will build them in house and send them back. Please e-mail what you would like to do.
Just wondering if you were able to send thost parts. Thanks for any update.
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:48 AM   #514
Quarry Creeper

Waiting on parts myself. It would be nice to get my dig working again.
K Riccardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #515
Rock Crawler

Solomon, Igot my the skid plate for my mini SS! WOOOT cannot wait to get it installed. Thanks bro apreciate it
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #516
Rock Stacker

Hey DNA guys< I got a motor plate from you guys. As I had it all torn down to put the new motor plate in, is when I discovered the bolt holes were not taped. I had to go and get a 3mm tap the next day and finish the project. Just fyi, maybe double check things before they ship out. Other then that minor issue, I am very pleased with my dig unit and enjoy the other quality products you offer....looking at a new chassis in the very near future.
41565chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #517
Quarry Creeper

I also received a untapped plate...I did get an email from RPP saying they had shipped it out, and offered to replace it for free...But I had a tap on hand so i did it here.
hessian18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #518
RCC Addict

Default Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for the great customer service and quick replies to my email, Great customer service is one thing that will bring me back for repeat business more then anything. two LOL!!!! keep up the great work, it is appreciated by all of us I'm sure....I know I appreciate it....
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #519
RCC Addict

Sorry about the motor plaates...

ALL items have been shipped as of yestarday and today. There are no warranty/purchased items that are holding!
Old 01-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #520
Just jump it!

Thanks solomon got my parts today but wont be able to put them in till tuesday. They look better than the old one!

Update got them installed, no more wobble!! After locking the rear it doesnt want to go back to freewheel. 4wd to lock work great. 4wd to freewheel works great but rear lock to freewheel is a no go. Guess i need to look at that servo mount to get a straighter pull. Or a full size servo might help. Thanks solomon.

Last edited by rottenbelly; 02-01-2009 at 02:29 PM.
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote