Originally Posted by Rokpile View Post
i hold ya to it, if you have it next week
You must not have heard?....I have 2
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #722
Rock Stacker

Default Delrin Mantis

Did you have a release date for the Delrin Mantis chassis?
hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #723
I wanna be Dave

We are cutting revision 4 of the SSS sides this week for some testing by Tanis, EeePee, Chip Cross, Nabil, MYSELF (of course), and a couple of others. Given the performance nature of the SSS and the delrin Mantis, these will not be released for a full production run until we have it perfect. I know it's a pain waiting but I promise it will be less pain than you not being completely satisfied because we missed something and jump us for cutting corners
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #724
Rock Stacker

With the Physcho wheels being super narrow, do you have to cut narrow the tires? or is it ok to run them full sized?
stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #725

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
I know it's a pain waiting but I promise it will be less pain than you not being completely satisfied because we missed something and jump us for cutting corners
This is a great decision - keep up the high quality work
No Beta testing for the masses!
BOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #726
Rock Stacker

Default release date

I truly appreciate and respect your decision to get the chassis right before shipping. There are too many companies out there that see dollar signs before quality. Your products are always top notch and worth the wait! Keep up the good work and send me a pm when they ready to ship. I have all the parts for a new berg build less chassis and I'll wait till you get it right. I saw the chassis at ECC 09 and was impressed.
hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #727
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff View Post
With the Physcho wheels being super narrow, do you have to cut narrow the tires? or is it ok to run them full sized?
You can run them either way. Depending on the setup. I would run un cut first then go from there.
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #728
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff View Post
It comes down to personal preference last I seen don posted he went back to full width, I have been running full width proline badlands and Im waiting on wheels to try the jconcepts rocx
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #729

Default Links

I just bought a new sling shot and I noticed that on the majority of the 8 links the threaded holes for the grub screws do not seem to be centered. When assembled to look mighty funny like a busted leg of a skier. Is this common or am i just too picky? I also noticed that the frame mounting holes on the servo plates dont line up. Did I get a Monday kit? :neutral:
proshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #730
I wanna be Dave

you guys have so much stuff out there that I can't keep track of it. The website seems to be lacking this info as well.

Can you guys make a thread that showcasse every product DNA has to offer?
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #731
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
you guys have so much stuff out there that I can't keep track of it. The website seems to be lacking this info as well.

Can you guys make a thread that showcasse every product DNA has to offer?

We will and the web guy Aaron is doing some killer stuff to the website. It will have EVERYTHING and more...
Old 05-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #732
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210solomon007 View Post
We will and the web guy Aaron is doing some killer stuff to the website. It will have EVERYTHING and more...
sweet! I'm looking forward to it. I also sent over an email to customer service about getting some stickers.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #733
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
sweet! I'm looking forward to it. I also sent over an email to customer service about getting some stickers.

Cool, I will make sure they get them out ASAP!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #734

Default 2nd try

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshop View Post
I just bought a new sling shot and I noticed that on the majority of the 8 links the threaded holes for the grub screws do not seem to be centered. When assembled to look mighty funny like a busted leg of a skier. Is this common or am i just too picky? I also noticed that the frame mounting holes on the servo plates dont line up. Did I get a Monday kit? :neutral:
Maybe you missed me.

I also am missing some frame to upper link screws. I am assuming by the 4 extra nuts that the kit is suppose to have them?

Last edited by proshop; 05-06-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: inventory
proshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #735
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Maybe you missed me.

I also am missing some frame to upper link screws. I am assuming by the 4 extra nuts that the kit is suppose to have them?

They'll take care of you

DNA, I got a question:
DNA dig doesn't work with...
barbaricboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:18 PM   #736
Quarry Creeper

Default wider skid plate for the mantis

is ther anyway this could be done ? i have a set of bullys under it right now and it looks like it could use about another 3/4 of an inch...not to mention mounting a mamba max, plus dig switch,and receiver. just needs a little more room.
JEFF THE JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #737
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys, I was searching around as I ran into an Issue with installing my dig. I know SOMEONE has had this problem before, using a Spetrum DX3 Radio (not the newer DX3i but the original DX3). I gather Toggle switch is going ot be needed as 3 pos. always returns to center when you let off and driving wiht a thumb hold the switch isnt any fun. Is the toggle/3 pos switch the only option or did someone figure out how to get around that issue??? I am just not one to modify a radio unless I ABSOLUTELY have too, which this would qualify as worth it if I do.

Also quick feedback, the mount, 2 things I feel could use some adjustment:

1 is the way the one little "loop" that comes right out over the servo horn I think needs to be taken in some so it doesnt get in the way with full size servos.

2nd which worries me a bit and I will fix, the mount flexes REALLY BAD. I am using just the high torque spektrum servo that came with the radio and when the servo moves the dig, until it locks in one way or the other, the mount flexes, probably 1/8"+ at the outer edge.

Now I know the servo I used isnt RECOMMENED directly, so that could be the issues I am having with the mount but I wanted to share the issue.

Even with that, which its part of the hobby to mess with things since every rig is different, LOVE THE DIG, I dont know HOW I lived without this thing last season. And the steel oudrives OMG FINALLY!!! Someone has outdrives that eliminated the design flaw of the hallow outputs, thinking I am going to get rebuild kits just to get the outputs for my scale rigs,lol.

All in all, NICE WORK GUYS I love it!!!
Mav-1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:12 AM   #738
no talent hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav-1981 View Post
Hey guys, I was searching around as I ran into an Issue with installing my dig. I know SOMEONE has had this problem before, using a Spetrum DX3 Radio (not the newer DX3i but the original DX3). I gather Toggle switch is going ot be needed as 3 pos. always returns to center when you let off and driving wiht a thumb hold the switch isnt any fun. Is the toggle/3 pos switch the only option or did someone figure out how to get around that issue??? I am just not one to modify a radio unless I ABSOLUTELY have too, which this would qualify as worth it if I do.
the reason for the toggle switch mod is to not have to constantly hold the switch. with an on-off-on toggle you can set it in place and drive. there is no other way around it
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #739
RCC Addict

Quote:
Maybe you missed me.

Pleae email customerservice@dna-rc.com and we will get you taken care of ASAP!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #740
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaricboye View Post
They'll take care of you

DNA, I got a question:
DNA dig doesn't work with...

The case does take some grinding. It does not bolt right up.