Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: on the Creeper wagon,,,,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 01:43 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Now I am working on placement for the servo and lipo,,and at the very least Im gonna make a high clearance drag link
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Heres how the Klein Tools Tribute body turned out,,,,

Old 05-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

did you purposely did not countersink those mounting holes
sidewaystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

I didnt countersink for the moment due to the fact that my current countersink bit does not have the proper head angle for the hardware I use. Plus the screws are between the lipo and the servo at the moment. I will probably countersink once I get all fit finish done. But,,I do prefer to have the more substantial hardware there for removal.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Thomas,

Nice body and I like what you've done to you VC of late... I'll miss the final 2 comps so I won't get a chance to see it for a bit.. Keep on rockin!!
jkwrangler08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

A little bit of an update,,Ive been doing some manual fabrication (jig saw-hack saw),,,got the servo plate figured out and got the servo mounted and a link made from 6061 T6 Aluminum 1/4" rod, some hardware and rod ends,,the link needs work and will change from BTA to OTA,,,and I need a longer servo horn, heres a couple of pics of the progress

I also added wheel wideners to get all the steering I can get without rubbing the links/shocks,,steering goes lock to lock with touching anything
Old 05-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Default Venom Creeper over The Axle Steering

Ok,,I got the OTA done. I modified two of my 6061 links that I make for the Bully 2 axles,,(surplus links-early versions),,I had to cut the pitman link end off of each one then end drill them and tap them for M3 and I sistered them together,,,worked well,,then I drilled the link for the new pitman link location on top on the left side,,made a new pitman link and flipped the servo over so it has the arm toward the center of the rig not out by the tire. I need to get new servo mounts,,the stock ones push the servo back a little too much,,figure something out tomorrow.

Heres more pics,,

Old 05-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Here it is all back together,,

Old 05-29-2010, 10:04 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

looks good.... when imma gonna see a vid on this monster....
sidewaystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Thanks streak,,,Im takin it out tomorrow,,,wanna try out the mods and play a bit..bats are on the charger now
Old 05-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Took the VC out today on the rocks at the LHS and it did really well...I need weights back on the front...I didnt add them after I made the new axle plate and OTA steering set up. The steering is sick,,,no more hangin on the drag link...having the lipo on the front axle is nice too. No more having to remove the body to change or plug in the battery, although I did have to resolder longer leads onto the ESC for the battery being further forward,,Heres some pics...Ill have vid/s tomorrow.

The wideners up front make it sidehill so much better too. I am concerned though about clearing gates with them on. Ill see how it does at the next comp/first course. if they cause me problems Ill take them off before the second course.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 05-30-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:31 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

I had a bit too much toe in so I removed the OTA link and cut one side down by about 1mm,,I now have around 1 degree of toe in. i noticed the other day at the comp course that the rig was way too light,,so I put new weights on the front axle and added weights to the rear,,Id say around 3-4 oz to each corner, maybe a little less,,having the battery actually over the axle helped a lot and the whole rig just did surprizingly well. I think my set up has reached its peak.

I made a rubber pad for the front plate to keep the battery from sliding around and help with impacts. I have some Losi Mini-T pin tires,,cut the sidewall to get just the tread then used rubberized CA to glue the pieces to the plate. Seems to work well.

I still want a custom set of Eritex wheels at 0.5" wide.

I am still working on the cad for the Bodiless chassis and I have completed the TVP designs. Time to cut some 6061.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 05-31-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Default Skullduggery Chassis

Here is the final version of my Skullduggery Chassis. TVP chassis designed for direct bolt on replacement,,the Bodiless and two more TVP chassis' in the works.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2010, 03:30 AM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Sweet work man, sweet!
freemachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

I ran the local comp today,,the rig did really well until driver error got in the way,,I was on the last course,,up hill right hand cut leftoverhang with a gate right on top. I kept burying the left front wheel , I just couldnt get it on the line to get the wheel up and over the edge. Timed out. First two courses were really good runs. The Creeper is stout and makes a good comp rig. The steering is sick and the torque twist is almost non existent. Flex is spot on and the Rovers hook so nice. The rig overall is just where I want it to be, its so predictable and easy to drive. it will go almost anywhere I point it.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

I was meesing around with the VC this morning and found that my knuckles were hitting my axle weights,,I adjusted the weights (bent the end up a tad) and have almost 100% steering throw,,the only hinderence now is the ota link hits the servo horn at full left steer,,,a simple bend in the link will remedy this.

Im not making any changes to the rig,,it crawls very well now,,,sidehill is sick,,verts are good and downhilling is very stable. I am very pleased with how it is set up right now. This will change with the new chassis coming out soon.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #77

Default my creeper

venom creeper, ckrc stage 2, rc4wd x10 shocks, proline flatiron M3 tires, 70 mm upper links, removed axle skid plates, castlecreations side winder, ckrc twister 55 turn motor, steel drive shafts, ckrc Mg995 servo, ckrc 30C/5C 11.1V 1300mah lipo, castle creations 10amp bec, stage2 memory foams. ill get pics up soon.

im running it droop now. preforms great
customcrawlerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #78

what do ya mean just sharing info to see what people think
every one else has there venoms here

Last edited by customcrawlerX; 06-06-2010 at 09:28 PM.
customcrawlerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

I know better than to work on my rig when Im aggrivated,,,I snapped the threaded rod between the two halves of my drag link,,,not thinkin,,,oh well,,make another one.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Im gonna make a new drag link this afternoon out of 1/4" 6061 T6 Aluminum rod,,gonna heat it up so I can hopefully get a tight enough end bend on both sides to clear everything. Ill post pics if it works.