Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: on the Creeper wagon,,,,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default New Chassis teaser

here is a teaser pic of the RMDW VULTURE chassis for the Creeper. Prototypes will be cut in a bout a week and a half,,,,then a bit of testing.
Attached Images

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 07-06-2010 at 11:39 PM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #122
Rock Crawler

correct me if im wrong but wouldnt that pattern of holes make the link geometry kinda funky and require some really long upper links? i understand the shock holes, and i kinda figure the holes that are by themselves at the very top, middle, and bottome would be for???? cross braces? but if my thinking is correct you are using the same grouping of holes for the upper links as you are the lower links . . . . . i guess what im getting at is in the curved secion (front and rear) where you have the long and large curved cut-out wouldnt that be a spot for upper links?

edit^
Chappy4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #123
I wanna be Dave

The grouping of holes in the arch front and rear are for upper links,,with the stock Creeper tranny the lower links are under the tranny,,i added extra holes so that people could have way more link geometry options for squat and anti-squat. And one thing the Creeper would benefit from is longer upper links even though,like me they arent necessary, but its another option. if in my design the upper stock links wont work with my chassis,,i will include replacements with the kit. and yes the upper holes around the top and middle of the chassis are for braces,,which will probably be delrin
Old 07-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #124
Rock Crawler

ok . . . . i understand now . . . for some reason i was thinking this was being designed for upper AND lower links to be on the chassis, never thought of the lowers on the venom trans
Old 07-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #125
I wanna be Dave

no..this chassis is designed to be a deirect replacement for the stock chassis and Creeper parts,,,the VC-V1 chassis which will follow the Vulture chassis is also designed as a direct replacement,,,the VC-V2 will be the high option chassis. It will have more mounting options than anyone will know what to do with, including using other skids and tranny's. But right now my thought is to get a base of aftermarket chassis for the Creeper going,,and between Abavuso and myself I think we are getting a good start going. Once he gets his vendor star and can really start moving forward then it wil be a lot better for everyone,,,cuz there wil actually be some options and choices.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #126
Rock Crawler

right on, another idea is a tuber chassis like the ones made for the ax10
Old 07-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #127
I wanna be Dave

down the line brother
Old 07-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #128
Rock Crawler

nice
Old 07-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

The Creeper just gets better and better..had a comp today. Shoot out style,,100% payout to one overall winner,,I missed it by 2 gates. I took the class win in Sportsman and then faced off against the 2.2Pro class winner for a $125 purse. Its all good though....I can handle a loss like that.

1st course,,brutal,,9
2nd course,,Brutal,,25
3rd course,,-8,,,not as brutal but I stupidly didnt take the bonus gates that were available for reduced scoring...oh well, by the time I was in the final I was in first place and didnt even have to compete..other than start the course.
Finals course,,,32,,WAY BRUTAL,,3rd course in reverse with two gates changed,,,

Today was sick though. I got to see the VC do some sick chit on the rocks.

And besides,,a win is a win.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #130
Pebble Pounder

What will the Vulture chassis be made of?
Aluminum or Delrin?
Captain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
What will the Vulture chassis be made of?
Aluminum or Delrin?
As of right now the Vulture is to be made of 0.125" 6061 T6 Aluminum,,,very rigid. Because of all the milling being done on the chassis plates they will be ultra lightweight without sacrificing strength. There wont be anymore chassis flex or bending.

The prototypes are being milled from Black Anodized Aluminum
Old 07-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

This thread actually brings COOL to the creeper. Great work Thomas, I'm impressed.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Rory,,,hey man you slummin' over here in the shafty threads? Im loving the Creeper man,,it flat out crawls once you get the kinks worked out of it,,,duh,,like any other rig. Today just made all my conclusions about the Creeper solid.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Ha ha, yeah, the shafties bring back the good Ole days.
I drove one today as a matter of fact. Did pretty good actually, Of course it was me driving it. I made one line that I couldn't get with my Bully rig.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #135
I wanna be Dave

At the comp on Saturday,,I didnt use my winch down even once,,I didnt forget it was there I just didnt use it. So I have removed the added weight of the winch down. Im gonna move the electronics a round a bit and maybe install the dig unit. Maybe.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
The grouping of holes in the arch front and rear are for upper links,,with the stock Creeper tranny the lower links are under the tranny,,i added extra holes so that people could have way more link geometry options for squat and anti-squat. And one thing the Creeper would benefit from is longer upper links even though,like me they arent necessary, but its another option. if in my design the upper stock links wont work with my chassis,,i will include replacements with the kit. and yes the upper holes around the top and middle of the chassis are for braces,,which will probably be delrin
I like all the options for links on this chassis. What are the physics behind the squat and anti-squat upper link setups? I set my rear upper links higher and wider on the axle side and it improved the verticle climbing of my creeper alot, not sure why though.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #137
I wanna be Dave

Default Rotational forces

Karl,,hopefully this will help,,,

Old 07-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

Default Tweaked rear lower links

I had one spot on Saturday on the SProtsman finals course that gave me fits due to hanging up pretty bad on the rear links,,Ive found a way to take care of that problem at least to some extent..

I straightened the forward bend in each of my rear lower links,,now they are high clearance links with the only bend being at the axle....

Here it is.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Default Wiring schematic

I was recently asked about wiring a basic system with and without dig. here is a schematic of the basics of mine,,now mine also has a 3S lipo cut off switch wired in for me to run 3S on my Rooster Crawler ESC. Thats the only difference between my rig and this Schematic
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #140
Rock Crawler

great thanks thomas