Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: My Build: Project "Little-Foot" Scalerado Build So Far,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up My Build: Project "Little-Foot" Scalerado Build So Far,

well i got my crawler about 5mo ago and its was hard transitioning from savages and baja's to 1/10 scale crawlers but i think i got the gist of things now, im no where near done with my build i still need wheel weights and other crucial crawler necessities but im on my way.. here are the pics guys let me know what you think, im running a novak rooster esc with the matching novak 55t motor, and for now a traxxas am radio and receiver with a 5000mah 2s 40c lipo, a little much yes but run time is amazing lol this is wait i was shooting in the direction of with my build, the bigfoot silverado.

believe it or not seeing this on a v-dub rock buggy at my buddies hobby shop made me want to go scale, proline started it all lol

the day i got it, bought a used silverado body off a his savage flux, mounted it and was overly excited lol slapped a set of proline 6-shooter beadlocks on with a set of moabs i had laying around just for mock up,

p.s. the blue links was how i got it from a local guy that wasnt interested in crawling why blue i have no clue,

a quick dip in some alcohol solved the blue link problem and i bought an hpi wrangler runicon body for it, trimmed it and mounted for mock up, ill post paint pics later, i sanded down and painted some factory venom beadlox wheels flat black to match the trucks attitude better

got bored with the tread design of the factory ridgelines, and how non-traction like they were and i got bored and me+bored=creativity so heres what happened lol trimmed all the short lugs off, very very very time consuming but they work great now, the long lugs i left act ike little fingers its frkkn sweet,

i know you sharp guys have already noticed but i convinced my flux body donor buddy to sell my his front bumper off his savage, i bought it for $5 i know i know crazy but hey he has an integy bumper already, its amazing what you can get someone to get rid of by convincing someone how useless something is lol jk i work as a technician at a security surveillance store and i snagged a few safety cables off some old camera housings, their stainless steel and perfect scale tow cables, almost lol

next i removed the inner springs from the shocks, filled em with losi 60w purple comp shock oil, and preloaded them a bit to solve my torque twist problem and stiffen up the ride, yes i know its more of a monster-scaler now, but hey its scale my way guys i love it anyways lol

yes and i know you sharp guys are eyeing the bed already and i yes i got creative and borrowed an idea from a buddy of mine and i made a scale pile of logs out of a branch i cut into equal sorta of equal pieces with some wire cutters, i also got creative (again bored at work this time) with some foam i had laying around and i made myself a scale igloo ice chest, i also mounted a spare 1.9 off my buddy again, and again he had only 3 so i scored em for $10 lol he didnt want em anyways,

and finally if you sharp guys can eye in these last pics i bought a $2 pet dog from tractors supply to mount in the bed, i was going to get a bobcat or a pig but ahhhhh i think a dog looked better lol, i also bought a t-maxx rear tubular looking bumper, stripped it sanded it down and a laid 4 coats of krylon fusion for platics flat black and flush mounted it, i also bought a set of t-maxx stainless suspension links to mount as bed rails with a couple small #6 washers underneath to raise it a bit, these pics are at the rgv carfest last weekend i was displaying my crawler at my buddyies hobby shop vendor booth, i got to talk about scaling and rock crawlers fri-sun it was awesome, i loved having my truck on display for all the rgv (rio grand valley) to see and maybe spark some interst so they too can get into scaling too, enjoy guys

Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 03:42 AM   #2

Default Re: My Build: Project "Little-Foot" Scalerado Build So Far,

What kind of tool did you use to cut the lugs on you tires? They look clean.
SCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Creeper View Post

Oh dang. I remember that truck now. It did this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCfgx_krIo0

That aside, looks like your off to a good start. The creepers TVP chassis looks pretty scale to the real thing to
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
Oh dang. I remember that truck now. It did this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCfgx_krIo0

That aside, looks like your off to a good start. The creepers TVP chassis looks pretty scale to the real thing to
id bet money he used the pretty chrome bolts that came with those shocks...
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #5

Looking good Texas. I was wanting to do a semi scale build with my creeper as well. Just didnt know how it would look. Got me inspired to order a body and get started!
highschoole30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

you should put a rc winch on their! nice rig man
Volture'Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

A proline front bumper would be a perfect match for The winch an the rig ur modeling it after! Great start to A build!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

One of CreeperBob's steel bumpers would be even better....cheap stab at getting Bob some work..lol!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Bob does bumpers! An I just had custom ones made...
Old 05-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

sorry troy..gots ta sayit...reading is fundamental....lol!
Old 05-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Aww mannn.... Busted! Here I thought I was doin so good! I'm not sure how I missed it but some times it all just runs together.. :P
Old 05-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Oh believe me i know...the other day my wife was p.o'd at me cuz I put a set of rovers in the oven for dinner and I was ticked cuz them damned chicken thighs wouldnt seat in the bead locks.

sorry for the jabber TC....any updates?
Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Lmao! All new meaning to rubbery chicken...

My Build: Project "Little-Foot" Scalerado Build So Far, - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project "Clampy" 1.9" Scale Yota Build 51WillysJeep 1.9 Scale Rigs 717 08-09-2019 05:58 AM
MSD44's TTC Build dubed... "Project Playboy".. msd44 New Mexico 48 07-26-2011 03:55 PM
Project "Scraps" M100 Military Trailer Build 51WillysJeep 1.9 Scale Rigs 14 08-05-2010 05:32 PM
Don's DNA R/C Super Build...project "Envy" billet works Tamiya Clod Buster 72 08-04-2009 03:32 AM
"Project Junk Yard Dog" Toyota Build Eviltwin_52s 1.9 Scale Rigs 155 11-14-2008 09:33 PM