Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: 2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2016, 09:15 AM   #141
RCC Addict

Default Re: 2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion

IMO I think holding qualifiers are a good thing for the hobby, It gives the average guy that don't get to attend a bigger size comp the chance to comp with more people than they normally do, and could lead to more people wanting to attend nationals. Once they experience a bigger comp setting.
Give a free pass to the winner to attend nationals.
chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2016, 09:17 AM   #142
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I specifically asked that the date be moved so that teachers and people with kids could attend this year. But it's not my call and they will manage the event as best as possible.

Moving Worlds is a bummer for many US drivers. I'll get rolling as early as possible for 2017 hosts. It's certainly a technical challenge to plan travels abroad, but we have had plenty of folks come to the US events with barely months advanced notice on locations.

The more notice you can give people, the more it will help people get to these comps, people don't have the money they once did.
Having only a month or 2 to plan to get there is not enough time for most people.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:37 AM   #143
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotafun View Post
No ketchup chips for you or the crew
Ok, everyone calm down. Let's not be hasty....

Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #144
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
Ok, everyone calm down. Let's not be hasty....

I'll bring the ketchup chips, we have them in Georgia
chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:45 AM   #145
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotafun View Post
IMO I think holding qualifiers are a good thing for the hobby, It gives the average guy that don't get to attend a bigger size comp the chance to comp with more people than they normally do, and could lead to more people wanting to attend nationals. Once they experience a bigger comp setting.
Give a free pass to the winner to attend nationals.
Good for the hobby, but we don't have the critical mass this year and really haven't for the past 4 or 5. Originally it was done because attendance had to be capped at 100 per class for logistical reasons. Lately we have been doing well to break 50 in a class.

The next best thing is regional events that are consistently held each year. Events like the NECQ and arizona shootout for example. They have solid attendance that doesn't hinge on the qualifier system, its just plain old good hosting and events that pull folks in. More of this is all we need. Just solid hosting.

Since I'm not hosting Nats or Worlds myself, I don't want to give away "qualifier tickets". It would be taking money away from the hosts! Let's let folks run events without complications or strings attached and see what happens this year.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #146
RCC Addict

Quote:
It's certainly a technical challenge to plan travels abroad, but we have had plenty of folks come to the US events with barely months advanced notice on locations.
EU guys are in a league of their own in dedication and sacrifice for the hobby, but... In some countries they have labor laws that give them like 4+ weeks off a year. <- mostly jealous (while I do get 4+ weeks off a year, as a teacher, its on a very rigid schedule with no flexibility)

The political geography of the region is to their advantage as well (when preparing to travel abroad) They can cross a street and be in a different nation, or travel less than 3 hrs by car and drive through 3 different countries (gross exaggeration). You are hard pressed to find many people that can drive only 3 hours and cross through 3 states....

I don't point this out as an excuse for lack of US travel abroad, just as a possible explanation for some factors.

I'd love to travel to EU with the main purpose of a crawling comp, but I think my wife would kick me in the d... if I took 3 days of our vacation to stand on rocks.....
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:07 AM   #147
RCC Addict

Quote:
Good for the hobby, but we don't have the critical mass this year and really haven't for the past 4 or 5. Originally it was done because attendance had to be capped at 100 per class for logistical reasons. Lately we have been doing well to break 50 in a class.

The next best thing is regional events that are consistently held each year. Events like the NECQ and arizona shootout for example. They have solid attendance that doesn't hinge on the qualifier system, its just plain old good hosting and events that pull folks in. More of this is all we need. Just solid hosting.

Since I'm not hosting Nats or Worlds myself, I don't want to give away "qualifier tickets". It would be taking money away from the hosts! Let's let folks run events without complications or strings attached and see what happens this year.
John,

I know this has nothing to do with you Basically anymore, I had been talking to Eric (D-lux) on this, and is just my opinion from a small club that wants to get bigger.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #148
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

What is a qualifier these days? They are just a big comps. For the forseeable future, all comp crawling gatherings will be all inclusive. We lack the attendance that mandated exclusivity to keep events manageable. I vote that the term qualifier vanishes into the mist until we need exclusivity again (sorry, nothing personal JSlick).

Speaking of misnomers, don't forget "ECC". JSlick's event is the real ECC in my book given the consistently strong attendance, attention to details and publicity. Execution makes the event, not the title.

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:46 AM   #149
I wanna be Dave

The NENC, has been a Championship for the last 2 yrs.. Was only a qualifier in the beginning..

(Not that important, just sayin) lol..

Jslick does an Amazing job at it!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:49 AM   #150
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
The NENC, has been a Championship for the last 2 yrs.. Was only a qualifier in the beginning..

(Not that important, just sayin) lol..

Jslick does an Amazing job at it!

True dat...hope he can change the name on the primary link.

J
Old 01-26-2016, 11:29 AM   #151

We can make that happen for him. And by we I mean I'll bug Jason to get it done.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:52 PM   #152
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
We can make that happen for him. And by we I mean I'll bug Jason to get it done.
Thanks John. I have sent several messages with no response since I did the title change.

Last edited by Jslick; 01-26-2016 at 03:02 PM.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:17 PM   #153

I had to pull some hamstrings to bend low enough, but its changed.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:38 PM   #154
I wanna be Dave

I'm so confused. All I want is to have a few BIG comps to go to and maybe one huge one that all my crawling buddies from all over the country shows up to. Preferably comps that I don't need a passport and a fortune to get to.

Is that the scenario that our 3 heros will be trying to pull off? Because if it is something like that, thank you! You have my support and my gratitude.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:23 AM   #155
Quarry Creeper

Hi , friends

I read with great interest your messages.
I thing , Word must be every two years max.
He must turn in countries around the world, or it would only be a national championship with a misnomer!
Moreover it is also expensive for a European to come in the USA than for an American to come in Europe.
I'm pretty disappointed not to feel joy in your messages.
Our passion is only a source of pleasure and should remain so.
Excuse my bad English and hope to meet you all on the stones French with a smile ....

Last edited by maduff; 01-27-2016 at 01:27 AM.
maduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:48 AM   #156
Custom Carbon Fiber

If I may make a suggestion moving forward for Nationals in the states ........

Let clubs/groups submit requests for hosting them. They submit locations, logistics, surrounding places to stay, insurance requirements, location permits, etc ....

Give them all a date to be submitted by ....

A committee on RCORva looks over every ones paperwork - votes on who gets the bid

Date gets set for event - people have time to plan

Everyone gos and enjoys

This would enable the Nationals to move around the USA and we have several clubs out there who have established themselves strong enough to hold an event of that level.

Just food for thought ......
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #157
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
If I may make a suggestion moving forward for Nationals in the states ........

Let clubs/groups submit requests for hosting them. They submit locations, logistics, surrounding places to stay, insurance requirements, location permits, etc ....

Give them all a date to be submitted by ....

A committee on RCORva looks over every ones paperwork - votes on who gets the bid

Date gets set for event - people have time to plan

Everyone gos and enjoys

This would enable the Nationals to move around the USA and we have several clubs out there who have established themselves strong enough to hold an event of that level.

Just food for thought ......
Sounds like a great plan going forward to me. Recognizing and rewarding the motivated, organized groups is key to the health of our cult. Hopefully there are many choices each year from which to select the best Nats organizing club/group. Hopefully that process starts the Monday after the RC Rock Crawling Championship is run this year. We'll have to wait and see. Let's all stay focused and make that happen.

Bids could have been proposed this year but, given the magnitude of distress here on RCC during the very short Nats "organizer vacuum", the Tres Caballeros jumped in to prevent but a single gent from selling his comp rig in frustration...and to put on the mother of all comp crawling challenges.

We hope all understand that we did this, and are in this, for the cult and the locos that carry our flag.

J
Old 01-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #158
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Sorry, I am like a dog chasing his tail right now.... too much going on to read all of this and keep up but, I just wanted to say thanks to everybody who is pitching in. I have NEVER seen so much teamwork in such little time.

I am not sure how many can see what I see but if you look around, its even noticeable that things are moving, and moving fast! Its as if we all care again and are doing something about it! How awesome is that?

Thanks to all that have stepped up to sponsor already

Thanks to Holmes for posting the stickies in the comp sections and to the people whom are already helping edit.

There is a lot of behind the scene action going on too. I have had MULTIPLE people PM me saying that they are either blowing the dust off their cars or they want to build new ones because of the excitement and motivation that is going on right now.

I am excited to see what becomes of our hobby again if we continue to grow together and help each other out.

Big thanks to everybody!
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:21 AM   #159
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Sorry, I am like a dog chasing his tail right now.... too much going on to read all of this and keep up but, I just wanted to say thanks to everybody who is pitching in. I have NEVER seen so much teamwork in such little time.

I am not sure how many can see what I see but if you look around, its even noticeable that things are moving, and moving fast! Its as if we all care again and are doing something about it! How awesome is that?

Thanks to all that have stepped up to sponsor already

Thanks to Holmes for posting the stickies in the comp sections and to the people whom are already helping edit.

There is a lot of behind the scene action going on too. I have had MULTIPLE people PM me saying that they are either blowing the dust off their cars or they want to build new ones because of the excitement and motivation that is going on right now.

I am excited to see what becomes of our hobby again if we continue to grow together and help each other out.

Big thanks to everybody!
This thread is like a fat kid at a cupcake contest....a lot to take in but a major step forward for our comp crawling community and for that I want to thank Erik, Jake, and Joel!! Between Erik setting up the Bibles for Berg and XR and the "Tres Caballeros" planning a national championship I think it's going to drum up new interest in the hobby and also what was said before of people blowing the dust off that old crawler and getting back out there!!
blandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 06:45 PM   #160
RCC Addict

Looking forward to details, on Nationals, and Worlds.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote

2016-2017 rules and new ideas discussion - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 MNRCRC Vehicle Rules dna4engr Minnesota 61 04-02-2016 06:16 PM
MNRCRC 2016 Rules Discussion Thread dna4engr Minnesota 66 11-09-2015 09:50 PM
1.9 Rules discussion Harley Missouri 29 10-21-2009 09:09 PM