Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > 1:1 Full Size Vehicles

Notices

Thread: I got a 97' cherokee, now what lol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #141
RCC Addict

Default Re: I got a 97' cherokee, now what lol

alright if 31" can do mild to medium, that is where I go, now is the leaf spring question, should I go bastard pack or not? my main leaf as stated before is bent near the shackle and hanger so I know those are trash so the question is should I find a jeep main leaf and do a bastard pack from a s10 or dakota leafs. or should I save for new ones? again working isnt hard, I know I could make a bastard pack, I just dont know which leafs to use to achieve the best 3" lift or 2" lift and then get 1" shackles
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #142
RCC Addict

Maybe something like this:
Rusty's XJ Cherokee 3" Spring Pack Lift Kit - XJ Cherokee ('84-'01) - Jeep Suspension Lift Kits - Jeep Suspension
tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #143
RCC Addict

Ya I saw that one, pretty cheap. Curious, should I get adjustable lower arms? Seen a few others that included those. Or is that only necessary for higher lifts?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #144
Rock Crawler

Adjustable lower arms are for articulation.

That Rusty's lift is cheap for a reason....its shocks and springs and thats it. No track arm extension brackets, no sway bar extensions etc... Brake line relocators in all kits are garbage, throw them away and buy new lines.

At the beginning of your build is the time to decide what you want to ultimatly acheive. Its cheaper to buy a good kit with everything than it is to buy a cheap lift and have to buy a bunch more parts to make it perform.

Join up on pirate4x4 or NAXJA I'm sure you can find a good used lift cheap.
WICKEDWOLFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #145
I wanna be Dave

I had Rusty's 3" lift on my '88... For a basic wheeler thats going to do mild wheeling and not get into extreme trails etc, its works just fine. Ride quality etc were good and build quality of the kit was good. Im shopping for a YJ to build up for a weekend wheeler, once I do it will get a Rusty's lift.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #146
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
I had Rusty's 3" lift on my '88... For a basic wheeler thats going to do mild wheeling and not get into extreme trails etc, its works just fine. Ride quality etc were good and build quality of the kit was good. Im shopping for a YJ to build up for a weekend wheeler, once I do it will get a Rusty's lift.
did you have to do anything else to work with the 3" lift? or what comes with the lift kit is just fine?
Old 10-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #147
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
did you have to do anything else to work with the 3" lift? or what comes with the lift kit is just fine?
You may want to remove the fender flares, and possibly some basic trimming at the wheel wells. Super easy to to, just google it.
tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #148
I wanna be Dave

Mine was fine with just the lift. That isnt always the case.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #149
RCC Addict

Ahhh!!!! Alright so I'm loving this jeep more and more, like I got a pretty sweet deal for what I got, so I've been reading and reading on jeepforum and naxj and I've been thinking about getting some kind of limited slip diff or something so that on the road it works like its open but if off raid it'll lock up ish. Well come to find out, mine has the actual limited slip! Looked in the glove box and there was the sticker warning me that it does!!!!! I'm super freakin excited about that. Also from what I've been told, they are actually decently strong so I'm set on that!!! Woohoo lol just thought if let you guys know since you all helpe getting jeep lol
Old 10-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #150
Rock Crawler

NICE!!!! That axle should be fine for what you're doing....and if your needs change a Ford 8.8 is a relatively cheap and easy swap.
WICKEDWOLFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

updates?
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #152
RCC Addict

Not much of an update, my boss decided to be a douche and cut my hours so money has been a bit tight but mostly just doing the tune up and making sure that the engine is running true. I have change the thermo stat, replaced the front axles vent tube(got gouged from the drive shaft) going to take the fender flares off soon hopefully. Have to find out what's the best spark plugs to use. Been told either champion or ngk.
Side note. So far as I have been able to tell, who ever own it before, already had it set or getting ready for more off raid upgrades because the exhaust has been upgraded to a magna flow and 2.5 in tubing, the rear sway bar has already been removed, and it has a cold air set up. Plan on doing a budget lift till I can start making more money again and do a proper lift. Stay tuned, more will be done
Old 09-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #153
RCC Addict

went for this to..

Been working on it, has a 3" lift with 31" Just thought I'd give a update

I got a 97' cherokee, now what lol - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lol demonoid369 Chit Chat 5 04-06-2011 07:46 AM
Wheel Chinamans..lol had Carnage..lol UPNOVER General Crawlers 0 02-27-2006 08:03 AM