Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Comp Courier

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #101
Rock Stacker

the key ive found is give it a good soak. i did it a few times and have had awesome result with my used couriers
coreyh29645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #102
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyh29645 View Post
the key ive found is give it a good soak. i did it a few times and have had awesome result with my used couriers
Got any you might wanna let go?

Yeah, soakin it and then goin back and puttin a fresh coat on seemed to work well. You dont need alot. I did like I saw on YouTube and soaked a papertowel and used it and that was plenty. Just get it wet and let it sit!
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #103
Rock Stacker

i do but i paid to much for it. lol
Old 04-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #104
RCC Addict

I hear that, got one hangin on the wall but I did the same danged thing...paid too much and spent too much time trimmin it and paintin it up all nice. Im thinkin I may not ever actually use it again but I dont have the heart to cut it all up just yet

Matt
Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #105
Rock Stacker

i have 5 of them total. i bought 2 when they cam out. i worked at my lhs at the time so i paid $15 each. just got a new painted one on ebay a few months ago for $31 and then i paid $75 and $65 each for the last 2.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #106
RCC Addict

Yeah man, Im still on the lookout for beat up, mangled and bashed bodies for cheap to salvage parts from lol. I can use a good bedside or two and my cab is gettin rough but Ill just ShoeGoo and keep on beatin on it if I have to!
Matt
Old 04-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #107
Rock Stacker

i have one on my savage flux thats about down to parts. lol. once i use her up i'll send it your way. probably gonna take a while cause i dont get to drive many times anymore. been trying to finish a 1/8 electric buggy for like a month
Old 04-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #108
RCC Addict

Sweet!!! Ill add it to the Courier JunkYard and at the rate Im goin itll be put to good use!!!
Matt
Old 05-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #109
RCC Addict

The ole CompCourier was gettin a bit haggard lookin and was overdue for some TLC. Paint never really stuck well and was flaking off in spots and the body was cracked and split in a couple places.

I used the old Dot 4 brake fluid trick and stripped the old crappy paint off the outside of the body.

Worked like a charm and was fairly effortless. Still required a little elbow grease but it came out almost like the day I got it.

I broke it down into parts, ShoeGoo-ed the weak spots and added some support to the cab. I then dug up the old cab back and bed cover section that I thankfully saved and cut it to fit as best as I could. Its ShoeGoo-ed in and ready for paint

Stripped the frame as it was gettin a bit rusty and did the Poor Man's Powdercoating deal with Krylon and baked it for an hour. Turned out great and held up awesome at Fall Creek!

Went with Yellow again but was in a hurry to get it ready for the GTG at Fall Creek Falls so I only have a few details and decals on it. I did all the door and body lines in the parkin lot waitin to hit the trails lol I plan on puttin some head and taillights in it then adding the necessary decals to cover all the holes. Tubework is in the near future I hope! Sportin the MTHead rings in this shot...LOVE em!

Matt

Last edited by 66sprint6; 05-02-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #110
RCC Addict

I got the paint finished up just before the GTG and swapped the MTHead rings onto the taller TSLs and hit the road. Other than killing a wore out motor I was tryin and melting the solder off the ole 27T motor I had a good, reliable, rough ride!

I even rolled it off the side of the mountain and had to slide down to get it lol. Thankfully she wasnt hurt and the fallen tree stopped it from goin too far down.

I swapped motors on the trail after Twisted's wore out custom finally died. It was glitchin the entire time but when it was workin it had great power! The ole stock 27T was breathin fire and rippin it up and then it melted the solder clean off one of the leads and ended that leg of the ride for me.

Heres a nice poser shot at the top of the Falls. LOVE the ole 5.0s, I got to run them for a little and remember why they are my #1 favorite tire setup!

I need to figure out what to do about a grill and lights. Im outta Courier decals so Im gonna have to make somethin up on this one. Ive been talkin bout doin tubework for a while and hope to finally make some of the ideas in my head come to life. I dont wanna hurt the performance so hopefully Ill be able to balance it out right and itll be removeable just in case.

Matt

Last edited by 66sprint6; 05-01-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #111
RCC Addict

looking good man got to love those 5.0, just cant wait til my tires get worked on
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #112
I wanna be Dave

the 5.0s are badass! if i ever decide to set the scout up for TTC i'll have to have a set of those. can't wait to see some tube work on this thing
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #113
RCC Addict

Caught a few shots of the ole yeller today I thought I'd share

And A OMG SHOT!

Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #114
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Mmmmm! Fresh paint! Still looking good Matt. I got some updates on mine, but been lazy with the camera. Installed a aluminum drop bed and touring car shocks it the rear and a few other odds and ends. Maybe I'll get off my ass and take some pics soon.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #115

i love it when the rigs are used, abused, refurbed and reused again and again..you sir are faithful to your rig

what was the outcome of that "OMG" moment?
d3r3k99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:35 PM   #116
RCC Addict

R2J, I cant wait to see the updates! I might be sellin the TrailCourier here shortly to fund another build, but seein your shop truck always makes me wanna rethink doin so and continue building it.

Love the OMG shot Ed!!! I was showin off at that time, I made it up that seemingly little yet annoyingly impossible ledge 2 or 3 times by finessing it, but it was alot of fun to hammer down and watch it fly!!!

Heres a couple more shots I got from today

Yes, yes they do!

I did NOT finish this section, was kinda just playin around tryin to see if I could finess it and keep it off its lid then the battery died in the last pic

Only major changes are light buckets front and back and a wicked nasty motor a local member and friend made for me. Ide like to thank him for makin the OMG pic and many other similar moments possible LOL. Im gonna try to get the tube work goin soon but I got alot on my plate so it may be a bit. Soon tho!!!

Matt
Old 05-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #117
I wanna be Dave

The Courier is looking awesome, Matt. 5.0 irons are the bees knees and the cat's pajamas.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #118
RCC Addict

HA! Yeah, they work really well man! I think Im needin some weight in the fronts tho with this new Chassis/Suspension setup tho. On the old chassis/suspension it would hop up then lay the front down hard makin some awesome climbs in the process. I can do that with some of my shorter tires with weight in the front but not so much with these. Need to figure out how much to try up front and go from there.
Matt
Old 05-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

The repaint turned out surprisingly well. I have a couple old on road shells that are beat to death. I think I am just going to strip decals and paint them on the outside to get some for more life out of them.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:28 PM   #120
RCC Addict

I was amazed and will continue to do it until shes deader than dead lol. I WAS gonna try to paint it inside but its too cracked up and some of my mods wouldnt allow so now its Shoe-Gooed in strategic places and painted on the outside. Unfortunately the nice paint didnt last more than a couple hours (pretty much the ride to Fall Creek Falls) before it was put thru the ringer...but I like it!
Matt