Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: MONGO - built specifically to steal exotic cars off a speeding train

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #461
Rock Crawler

Default Re: MONGO - built specifically to steal exotic cars off a speeding train

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWRX View Post
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it finished?
These things are never finished

2nd VIDEO
prifral is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #462
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: MONGO - built specifically to steal exotic cars off a speeding train

I finally got to see this BEAST in person and it's sick.......... The pics don't do it justice.
OCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #463
Rock Crawler

mail man update:
Gmade XD Piggyback Shocks- a set of 93's and 103's to see which one works best

Some new fittings for the hydraulic steering
Old 06-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #464
I wanna be Dave

Let us know how the shocks work and if you could post up a pic next to some of the other shocks, that would be great. They certainly are sexy.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #465
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Let us know how the shocks work and if you could post up a pic next to some of the other shocks, that would be great. They certainly are sexy.
will do!

Currently with the short arms, steering is reaching full clock at the hydro ram's 3/4 travel. So I made some longer arms that would pull back the endpoints and utilize more of the ram's strength. Not as pretty as the Vp's but they should work for now. Made of 7075 with one extra hole for adjustability.

Powder coated
Old 06-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #466
RCC Addict

Nice! Need to visit your powder coating shop one of these days. Lol
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #467
Rock Stacker

This build is just... WOW! breath taking, you've basically built everything yourself, such an amazing fabricator, awesome!
lambo-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #468
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
Nice! Need to visit your powder coating shop one of these days. Lol
is it OSHA time already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambo-27 View Post
This build is just... WOW! breath taking, you've basically built everything yourself, such an amazing fabricator, awesome!

Piggybacks assembled and mounted.

Found the aluminum finished Piggyback cylinder was too bright and eye catching so I powdercoated them black.

Blacked out and reassembled. I may do the red valve too later on because now that's the brightest thing - bah! Previously had Gmade Zero's on Mongo so thats on the left for comparison.

Mounted

Overall the quality of these parts are impressive. Parts are very precise with minimal flashing cleanup. These 103's were built with the kit oil(weight not indicated) and 2 hole piston. Suspension sag with these springs are just right for this rig's weight - but they would probably be too stiff for a smaller rig. What is most exciting about this setup is the Piggyback - pressure adjust system. IT ACTUALLY WORKS! On the bench anyway. Update/findings to come...
Old 06-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #469
Quarry Creeper

yeah, i am going to have change the spring rate for my little car. really nice and smooth though, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prifral View Post
is it OSHA time already?

Piggybacks assembled and mounted.

Found the aluminum finished Piggyback cylinder was too bright and eye catching so I powdercoated them black.

Blacked out and reassembled. I may do the red valve too later on because now that's the brightest thing - bah! Previously had Gmade Zero's on Mongo so thats on the left for comparison.

Mounted

Overall the quality of these parts are impressive. Parts are very precise with minimal flashing cleanup. These 103's were built with the kit oil(weight not indicated) and 2 hole piston. Suspension sag with these springs are just right for this rig's weight - but they would probably be too stiff for a smaller rig. What is most exciting about this setup is the Piggyback - pressure adjust system. IT ACTUALLY WORKS! On the bench anyway. Update/findings to come...
desertmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #470
Quarry Creeper

for the hydro system, have you thought about brake fluid? it can handle the heat
Koldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #471
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the comparison pics. I was really hoping they were smaller than my zeros. But they look nice on your truck!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:26 AM   #472
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldham View Post
for the hydro system, have you thought about brake fluid? it can handle the heat
Yep- brake fluid is too caustic and toxic

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertmaxx View Post
yeah, i am going to have change the spring rate for my little car. really nice and smooth though, huh?
Yes unbelievable smooth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Thanks for the comparison pics. I was really hoping they were smaller than my zeros. But they look nice on your truck!
You and me both. I was hoping for something in between the Zero and Proline Scaler. I haven't put a micrometer on it but it looks to be exactly the same diameter as the Zero
Old 06-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #473
Rock Crawler

VIDEO with new shock
Old 06-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #474
Pebble Pounder

Nothing to really say.....

Love the new shocks,and the adjustability is cool...can dial up the shock you want on the rocks
Peli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #475
Quarry Creeper

looks like a blast. shocks do look dialed to that rig. i like the look of them more on Mongo than the ones you were using before.
desertmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #476
Rock Crawler

The shocks pretty much speaks for themselves in the previous video. I've never had shocks perform like this out of the box especially with the unknown kit oil. Surely I will dial them in later on but not bad at all for the first run. No leak whatsoever - below is the worst signs of oil - usually the norm after a shock build. This was only on one shock - the rest were bone dry.

The skull proved to be too brittle for Mongo duty. The tips of the horns broke sometime during the last outing. I have a 2nd one on reserve which I think I will pull a cast from to make a more resilient silicone skull .
Old 06-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #477
Rock Crawler

Nice video, looks like it handled way better than expected.

Wasted no time getting it scratched

Everything is good as long as Mr. Norris is happy.
Modbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #478
Rock Crawler

Your scale detail astounds me, and your Fab work even more!!! If you ever plan to sell your hydraulic system put me down for one, and if not sell your plans to someone who will to help support the hobby please..... I'm dying to have a setup like this on my scale southern buggy!!!

Last edited by ngward79; 06-12-2012 at 11:52 PM.
ngward79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #479
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by prifral View Post
Yep- brake fluid is too caustic and toxic
What about a thin synthetic automatic transmission fluid?
MX304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #480
Pebble Pounder

very nice rig my friend iv am subscribed and wait for email notifications of updates to this rig, very impresssive my friend, what are your future plans for this rig? any new parts to be added?
The-Blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/332988-mongo-built-specifically-steal-exotic-cars-off-speeding-train.html
Posted By For Type Date
TIMBERJACK 480B DEBUSQUEUR This thread Refback 03-01-2013 05:51 AM
"Mongo" - page 3 This thread Refback 03-01-2013 03:38 AM
RCFansÒ£¿ØÃÔ|RCFansÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 02-17-2013 08:33 AM