Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Eritex Inc's HRD 3.1 setup and tip thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLORx4 View Post
Hi Gerame,

I ordered the dig without the servo mount, and I now see that I need the servo mount. I actually have the dig installed, but because I haven't figured out a way to mount a servo yet, I can't use the dig!

Your site says the servo mount is backordered. How long do you think it'll be before you've got more servo mounts ready to ship?

Thanks!

I got one I couldn't use on my rig. Pm me if ya want it.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #122
Quarry Creeper

OK, so I managed to build my own servo mount, which basically works and looks nearly the same as the HRD dig servo mount.

While in dig mode, it does not release when the rear wheels are under tension. I have to reverse the throttle slightly to get the dig to switch to freewheel mode.

Also, after about 30 minutes of crawling this weekend, I the new Hitec 225 servo I was using died, even though I had adjusted the EPA's.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my setup. Is the servo not strong enough? Too strong? How far from the center of the servo horn should I attach the shifter arm? Should I use a servo saver?

Last edited by XPLORx4; 06-22-2009 at 04:16 PM.
XPLORx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #123
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLORx4 View Post

While in dig mode, it does not release when the rear wheels are under tension. I have to reverse the throttle slightly to get the dig to switch to freewheel mode.

Also, after about 30 minutes of crawling this weekend, I the new Hitec 225 servo I was using died, even though I had adjusted the EPA's.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my setup. Is the servo not strong enough? Too strong? How far from the center of the servo horn should I attach the shifter arm? Should I use a servo saver?
I am having similar problems with mine. It doesn't want to go back into 4wd. I also burned up my new 225. I ajusted all my epa's and all that. It just seems to bind up as the shift collar tries to slide back up on to the drive hex. It also seems to have a bit of a bind in the trans/dig when engaged in 4wd mode that isn't there when not engaged. It's all greased up, and I smoothed out the edges on the drive hex. Any help or ideas would be helpful. Thanks
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #124
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
I am having similar problems with mine. It doesn't want to go back into 4wd. I also burned up my new 225. I ajusted all my epa's and all that. It just seems to bind up as the shift collar tries to slide back up on to the drive hex. It also seems to have a bit of a bind in the trans/dig when engaged in 4wd mode that isn't there when not engaged. It's all greased up, and I smoothed out the edges on the drive hex. Any help or ideas would be helpful. Thanks

what radio are you using now?

i think the bind is your problem, but some radio's don't like non digital servo's.

Last edited by indiana mudcat; 11-04-2009 at 12:37 PM.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #125
RCC Addict

Thanks Ed. Im using a vemom vr3t. Its a computerized fm setup. I dunno if mabey the problem is my outputs, out of line or something. I have tried to make sure that the outputs are centered on the trans gear, and they are as centered as I can get them. I doesnt make alot of sense to me..... When this dig works its sweet, I've just got to figure out whats goin on with it and get it right.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #126
TSK
Shelf queen

I have been running this dig with a 225 with no issues. Make sure that everything is free of bind prior to hooking up the servo. Alot of grease helps, and things do free up with some run time. If you notice a bind spot, be sure to diagnose the cause of it and try and rectify the problem. Sometimes a little polish will help smooth out the shift rod and stuff.

As far as the servo horn and linkage, the servo has more mechanical advantage over the dig mechanism when the linkage is mounted as near to the servo output as possible. Obviously, this limits the total available travel the servo can actuate, so, a little trial and error is necessary as clearance also becomes an issue. Also, having the linkage setup to run parallel to the movement of the dig mechanism, and on as flat a plane as possible, will optimize your servos ability. Obviously, running a flat plane on a rotational movement is impossible, try and line up the linkage with the dig movement for best results. The servo will have a had time pushing and pulling the dig mechanism if it can't have a nice straight push/pull on it.

An you shouldn't have to reverse to disengage anything. You may not be able to do full throttle engagement/disengagemt until everything breaks in, but just letting off should allow you to shift.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote