Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Project: DUAL AX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Didn't Kamakazi try that a while back?

Yes he did that is where this whole idea came from. Except that the way I did it it saved me a lot of money. What motors should I put in it now? As these Axial Racing motors are going in my E-maxx, I'm thinking the Tekin 35t motors for now any other suggestions?

Last edited by THE CRAWLER KING; 08-08-2010 at 08:21 AM.
THE CRAWLER KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

I'm subscribing to this thread, but keeping my comments to myself.

It's kinda like a trainwreck. It's horrifying, but I just can't take my eyes off of it.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
I'm subscribing to this thread, but keeping my comments to myself.

It's kinda like a trainwreck. It's horrifying, but I just can't take my eyes off of it.
I know the wiring is a mess I plan on cleaning it up a lot and I mean a lot. It looks ugly as well but hey you can't xpect too much from a 15 year old. What else makes it look like a trainwreck. I've also added a winch/servo mount.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Look, I realize that you're 15. I wasn't going to say anything more, but since you asked... I was 15 once, too. By the time I was 15, I had started my own lawn mowing business, so I had money to do stuff that I wanted. I also had the patience to do things carefully so that there wasn't a ton of gorilla glue or whatever that crap is that's slopped all over everything. Of course, I was into building models when I was younger and often hand painted every tiny detail, often using a needle.

I just don't think that being young is an excuse for being sloppy.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Look, I realize that you're 15. I wasn't going to say anything more, but since you asked... I was 15 once, too. By the time I was 15, I had started my own lawn mowing business, so I had money to do stuff that I wanted. I also had the patience to do things carefully so that there wasn't a ton of gorilla glue or whatever that crap is that's slopped all over everything. Of course, I was into building models when I was younger and often hand painted every tiny detail, often using a needle.

I already got rid all of the gorrila glue and I'm cleaning it up and your right there isn't an exscuse but I wasn't giving an exscuse.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Well I took it out today and no less than 10 minutes later I've got a broken driveshaft that's only one of the many thing that will break though.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #47
cherry bomb

and no action shots? jeez. you had it out and everything.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE CRAWLER KING View Post
I know the wiring is a mess I plan on cleaning it up a lot and I mean a lot. It looks ugly as well but hey you can't xpect too much from a 15 year old. What else makes it look like a trainwreck. I've also added a winch/servo mount.
just cause you are 15 doesnt mean sh*t!!! i have a top of the line shafty (my fastback) and i beat older people in comps all the time and i am 15 too!!

looks pretty cool though!
thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #49
Try to Bend it

Quote:
Yes he did that is where this whole idea came from. Except that the way I did it it saved me a lot of money. What motors should I put in it now? As these Axial Racing motors are going in my E-maxx, I'm thinking the Tekin 35t motors for now any other suggestions?
If you have the cash to spare maybe grab a couple of HH454 or 500 pullers. They are smaller motors that will shave some weight and lower your cog.

Don't let these guys get you down dude. You can always make new brackets and the like once you know where everything can go. Keep up the good work and way to think outside the box.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:19 AM   #50

intresting build its diffrent i likes
Calichingon00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 AM   #51
Tossin' Salad

Dont listen to any of the haters here. Do what you enjoy, and build what you want to build. Most of us will enjoy watching you do it.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #52
Pebble Pounder

hey didnt really feel like reading through all this so idk if you mentioned it yet, but what servo do you plan on using? gonna need a pretty decent one to turn thos duellys
Axialfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axialfan19 View Post
hey didnt really feel like reading through all this so idk if you mentioned it yet, but what servo do you plan on using? gonna need a pretty decent one to turn thos duellys

Something along the lines of a Hs-645 or something stronger probaly 2. I'm thinking about making a dual servo mount for up front. I took it out yesterday without the daullly on it and it was pretty decent. But there's no doubt about getting a dx5e. Anybody got any ideas how to do a dual servo mount on one Axial axle?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:48 AM   #54
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Something along the lines of a Hs-645 or something stronger probaly 2. I'm thinking about making a dual servo mount for up front. I took it out yesterday without the daullly on it and it was pretty decent. But there's no doubt about getting a dx5e. Anybody got any ideas how to do a dual servo mount on one Axial axle?
Oh, yeah this is quite simple really. Check out any of these sites for front battery plates. All of them have a left and right mount for servos, and are setup for 4 links.

RPPHobby
The Crawler Store
Toadz Toyz

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
Oh, yeah this is quite simple really. Check out any of these sites for front battery plates. All of them have a left and right mount for servos, and are setup for 4 links.

RPPHobby
The Crawler Store
Toadz Toyz

Casey
Thanks man. But do any threads show to to fab one? It would probaly look like crud but it would save me some mulah.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
Sorry man that I didn't take pictures of it in action. I tottally for got about it. I'll get pictures next time I get it out or send some with a whip
Old 08-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #57
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
It sure ain't pretty, but it looks like it works, which is the important thing.

I agree with the high cog. Having the trans clocked puts both motors up high instead of just one, like it would be if it were back down on the skid.

You should also plan on getting aluminum knuckles and C's in the near future. That second set of tires is going to put quite a strain on them.

Otherwise, keep going.
With that wheel and tire combo I don't think cog will be an issue ecept on Berta and drop offs. This thing probably sidehills like a goat though. What it really need are some aluminum axle housing. The aluminum knucks and c's will just bust the housing.

Oh and screw the twin motors. This needs a brushlrss summit 2 speed
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks man. But do any threads show to to fab one? It would probaly look like crud but it would save me some mulah.
if you check out my FF4 build i think i showed kinda how to do it with the stock axial battery tray, i use that for my servo,battery, and 4 link.
thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Wow i bet you were the perfect lil kid

Truck looks good man keep up the work. Like to see more pics as she comes together.
-Lance
BansheeManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #60
Rock Stacker

Quote:

O wow u had something no other 15 year old has is that because you were never aloud out of your house lol Hey good job kid looks kool
t-boner is offline   Reply With Quote