Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Project: DUAL AX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

yeh dual front servos is possible. one of the local guys did it on a wk but he hasnt been crawling for a year or so b/c of financial junk.... I just checked his threads and all the pics are gone. But the way he had it set-up was like a bta with the servos side-by-side with each servo having a cross shaped horn. He then connected the lower cross of each servo to its respective side and connected the top crosses to each other so theyd work together... i dont remember though how he wired them up to get them to work in unison... i do remember though that he had it set-up for a dual battery... one to run the servos and one for the motor...and he ran it all off a TQ3 i believe....Good luck with your project

only pics left i could find
Short Bug WK

and this may help with wiring
BEC with 2 seperate batteries?

short clip of it....its the long green one
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=VwaA...eature=channel
ae racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

ok so i was wrong... it was a dual sided straight horn he had on each servo.... you can kinda see half of his setup at 3:57 in the video above

another short clip of the truck i found dont think you can see much of it though
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=s6Aq...eature=related

Last edited by ae racer; 08-09-2010 at 12:47 PM.
ae racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae racer View Post
ok so i was wrong... it was a dual sided straight horn he had on each servo.... you can kinda see half of his setup at 3:57 in the video above

another short clip of the truck i found dont think you can see much of it though
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=s6Aq...eature=related

Alright thanks for the info. Yesterday I tried to do a bta setup but it didn't pans out plus I need more threaded ro. I can't seem to find any 6-32 threaded rod anywhere anybody know where I can find some. cause right now I'm using a 8-32 threaded rod and it's to big for the rod ends.
THE CRAWLER KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

mcmaster.com search for it there great place with fast shipping
BansheeManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

orchard hardware supply (OSH) has a decent selection of hardware and such, I've found 4-40 stainless threaded rod there, if they have that, they should carry 6-32 and larger.
yjdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjdavid View Post
orchard hardware supply (OSH) has a decent selection of hardware and such, I've found 4-40 stainless threaded rod there, if they have that, they should carry 6-32 and larger.

I'm talking about some place like a lowes doesn't have it I doubt home depot has it maybe ace hardware?
Old 08-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #67
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

You could use Revo or Jato rodends with that 8-32 rod.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
You could use Revo or Jato rodends with that 8-32 rod.

Ok thanks.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

This thing is cool and admire you for putting in the effort and making it all work with what you have and not just buying someone elses ideas. Thats what evolves this hobby into new and better things... Still want more pics to see the progress
greencrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
This thing is cool and admire you for putting in the effort and making it all work with what you have and not just buying someone elses ideas. Thats what evolves this hobby into new and better things... Still want more pics to see the progress

First of all thank you. And yes there is no limit to what you can think of and come up with. Most of the time it's because I've got nothing to do.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #71
Rock Stacker

that thing looks like it's gonna be a beast! pretty sweet, i like it. nice work.
SmokeScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeScream View Post
that thing looks like it's gonna be a beast! pretty sweet, i like it. nice work.

Thanks. I've got the dually set up front and back now I've got find the time to take pictures of it and upload them and then find them and then post them. I hate up loading pictures it take forever.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #73
cherry bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE CRAWLER KING View Post
Thanks. I've got the dually set up front and back now I've got find the time to take pictures of it and upload them and then find them and then post them. I hate up loading pictures it take forever.
whicked to hear that there's been some progress, I was talking to my brother about the dual servo thing, I think I would shy away from it, spend $100 on 1 good servo, instead of $50 on 2 decent servo's, not that it doesn't work, jsut once they go out of sync one will start fighting the other eventualy burning one or both out. good luck, and I hope you get to uploading some pics soon.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #74

Default updated pics to lost links dual servo bta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae racer View Post
yeh dual front servos is possible. one of the local guys did it on a wk but he hasnt been crawling for a year or so b/c of financial junk.... I just checked his threads and all the pics are gone. But the way he had it set-up was like a bta with the servos side-by-side with each servo having a cross shaped horn. He then connected the lower cross of each servo to its respective side and connected the top crosses to each other so theyd work together... i dont remember though how he wired them up to get them to work in unison... i do remember though that he had it set-up for a dual battery... one to run the servos and one for the motor...and he ran it all off a TQ3 i believe....Good luck with your project

only pics left i could find
Short Bug WK

and this may help with wiring
BEC with 2 seperate batteries?

short clip of it....its the long green one
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=VwaAU8FGZzo&feature=channel
here is my link to the dual servo if still interested I had lost the links I guess but the pics are back up...
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...20#post2586320
r2d2dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:36 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d2dad View Post
here is my link to the dual servo if still interested I had lost the links I guess but the pics are back up...
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...20#post2586320
Thanks man but I don't know wich rig is yours in those photos and i don't see the bta very well maybe some shots with the body top off of the rig and some shots of mthe axle would help. Right now I've got a dual steering sytem up front that I've fabricated from some wood.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #76
cherry bomb

I don't usualy like to bump other peoples threads, but, how's it going? you had a few people interested I hope its not on the backburner now, would love to see some updates.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
I don't usualy like to bump other peoples threads, but, how's it going? you had a few people interested I hope its not on the backburner now, would love to see some updates.
Hey no problem I don't mind. No not really it's just that I've been busy with my E-maxx I'll upload some more pics of it tommorow if I find the time to. School this year is alot longer then it was last year.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

I'm thinking of making it a 6x6 what are ya'lls opinions? Bye the way if I do make it a 6x6 it'll be with dually tires for a total of 12 tires. Opinions?
Old 08-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

pics?
chris_dishmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dishmon View Post
pics?

I'm uploading them as we speak.