Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Irok22s Underground Crawlers Fastback!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

So craptastic cell pics of the finished product minus pannels. RTR weight with 4s lipo 5lbs13.8 oz

I really wish I didnt have to use the wideners but for now it will do... Gotta order wider eritex hubs.

irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #62
RCC Addict

I'm impressed. I haven't seen a shafty work this well since nationals. Good job Mike.

April fools.

But no.. Seriously tho. Axle wideners?

Last edited by djjiz; 04-01-2011 at 02:04 PM.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

How is that hella clocked C's working for you? Help alot? I have mine clocked but not that much, I have the axial clockable C's and beeftubes with a custom clock. But if I move the C's to the next notch they look like yours but I could not get everything to play nice afterwords. (but I could if its worth it)
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92LILREDYJ View Post
How is that hella clocked C's working for you? Help alot? I have mine clocked but not that much, I have the axial clockable C's and beeftubes with a custom clock. But if I move the C's to the next notch they look like yours but I could not get everything to play nice afterwords. (but I could if its worth it)
I think it works good. If you have the patients to figure out all the steering bs, I say go for it. I am going to do more on the next setup, have some different knuckles and c's to use
Old 04-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

Talking Soon to be FastBack II

New chassis is on it's way. can't wait for the new front shock mount. Now I have to decide if I'm going to just replace the top or the whole thing.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

the new shock mount is awesome
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Do you need wider then a stock rim offset in the front to clear with the clock?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #68
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Quote:
Do you need wider then a stock rim offset in the front to clear with the clock?
Looks like wheel extenders on his rig. You lose room at the front of the battery/servo plate, and gain room at the back. so you need to run a wider front track, or move the servo and battery closer together or further back, or both.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Love to see kids involved! Cute little fella too!
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
Looks like wheel extenders on his rig. You lose room at the front of the battery/servo plate, and gain room at the back. so you need to run a wider front track, or move the servo and battery closer together or further back, or both.

That is what I found to, just making sure that I wasnt missing something.

When you put a wider front track on, do you lose steering throw? Or is there a way to comp for that ?
Old 04-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #71
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Quote:

When you put a wider front track on, do you lose steering throw? Or is there a way to comp for that ?
Actually you would gain more room for steering throw, but track width really has nothing to do with steering, other than increasing scrub radius, which you also don't want much of. The downside is you have less room to make gates in a competition. Its all give and take.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcarter View Post
Love to see kids involved! Cute little fella too!
Thanks

Quote:
Yep junfac 13mm wideners, and what he said^lol. I am hoping the the widest hubs eritex makes will be wide enough for everything to clear. Haven't had a chance to order them yet tho. Currently I have about 1-1/2 hours run time on it with the wideners and no issues at all. I used a lock washer and a dab of blue loctite. So far it's good to go.

Quote:

As far as I can tell I have not lost or gained any steering throw being wider then stock. I could be wrong..

Can anyone confirm my answer?

Oh and jizz

Now on too good news. I got a present today from the government employed Santa. (postman)

Thanks Juan
Old 04-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Actually you would gain more room for steering throw, but track width really has nothing to do with steering, other than increasing scrub radius, which you also don't want much of. The downside is you have less room to make gates in a competition. Its all give and take.

Your right. I am still narrower than my xr10. So I'm good I think
Old 04-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Let's see...

Old and busted

The new hotness!

Old 04-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Well as you can see photobucket is still f-ed... they updated or something and lost my account been 4 days and still havent been able to restore it. So stupid. The responce I got from them was 0.25% of all the photobucket accounts that exist were lost when they did a system something. Well lucky me millions of accounts and only 0.25% AFFECTED and I win mines f-ed.. Think I should go buy a powerball

Anyway I have a few updates. no pics to go with them but updates none the less..

I have switched to the new chassis. All I can say is the new shock mount is sweet so so smooth in the front now. I also switched out the pos machinewound 35t of a new Holmes pro 35t. I should have never taken out the other one. The fb has stupid power again just the way I like it.

New pics soon if photocrap ever works again. If not thinkin I need a flickr account.

Last edited by irok22s; 04-16-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

or just make an album on here like i do
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderface View Post
or just make an album on here like i do
Ya I should do that.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

don't know if photo bucket is having troubles, but all i see are blue boxes saying photo bucket is working on the pictures.........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
don't know if photo bucket is having troubles, but all i see are blue boxes saying photo bucket is working on the pictures.........bob

ya photobucket is having some issues but only a select few are lucky enough to have them... like me

yep blue boxes is right. sense last thursday.

here is what I got from photobucket:

New Maintenance Update

Photobucket customers,

Let me begin by once again expressing my apologies for the issues you have been experiencing, and for the delay in restoring service. We continue to work diligently to resolve the problems and would like to keep you up-to-date on how things are going. The vast majority of you that were impacted should now or very soon notice that your accounts and images are back up again. However, not every user has been restored to service; we still are working to restore less than 1% (0.25%) of our user base. If your account is still not working, please be assured that we know about it and continue to work toward fully restoring service for all users as quickly as possible. We will continue to provide updates as they occur.

We hear your frustration and appreciate all of your feedback.

Thank you,

Jim Goss
VP of Operations
Old 04-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

Holly crap photobucket finally works again. Well Ill get some updated pics up soon.

I have switched to the FB II chassis. I really like the shock mount.

My dad had his first comp with this rig on the 17th of april. He had a little trigger happy breakage, busted a cvd pin. Then on the next course some how the screws in my beef tubes stripped or pulled out. Not exactly sure how. So the chub would walk away from the housing and pull the cvd out of the locker. Anyway it was not fixable durning the comp. So he ran the last course in 3 wheel drive with the right front binding and not rolling I am proud to say he finished the course with the judge counting down the seconds. If memory serves me right I heard 2 when he crossed the final gate