Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Irok22s Underground Crawlers Fastback!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by irok22s View Post
If memory serves me right I heard 2 when he crossed the final gate
Yep you did hear right!!! I was the time keeper for your dad on that course.
I have to admit, I dont know if I would have been able to get though that course in 3WD!
wait! what!

( I pointed out on gate 5, and I had 4wd)

CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2011, 07:06 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Oh Oh, the new FB chassis from the design mind of UGC, better watch out for Ipoprok22s he could be trouble this weekend. New chassis looks great Mike.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Can someone school me on the length of Mip's people are using on their FB's? I'm running a dig with two stock length jato shafts front and rear, two long mip's should work or are people using the long in the rear and the short dig shaft in front to account for the 60/40 design?
day215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by day215 View Post
are people using the long in the rear and the short dig shaft in front to account for the 60/40 design?
I trimmed the collar back in the male side of the rear a little as well, and cut about 5mm off the tip of the rear male shaft.

Get them pics up Mike!

Last edited by DickyT; 04-27-2011 at 11:52 AM.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
I trimmed the collar back in the male side of the rear a little as well, and cut about 5mm off the tip of the rear male shaft.

Get them pics up Mike!
So that would mean that two shafts for an AX10 WITHOUT DIG should work, possibly needing to trim a bit? I having some mathematical challenges today when it comes to measuring my shaft.
day215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Default Oh my back from the dead

Wow its been awhile for this thread

So This rig was used and abused by my pops for a few comps in 2.2 pro and several practice sessions. Lets just say he beat the crap out of it and it sat for a long time after that.

Now my local club is gonna try a sporty class, so despite what I have said in the past I am gonna remove the vp dig and go sport only with the fastbackII.

I searched for a long time cause I missed out on the first version of the longer beef tubes. Then finally Biggin69 started making them again. I ordered a set as soon as I seen the thread. I have had them for a few weeks and finally started mock up today.

My goals for this 2012 rebuild are sub 4lbs, ridiculous amount of steering, Vp wraith or xr knuckles and chubs. Anything beyond that will just be extra :mrgr een:

Last edited by irok22s; 12-03-2011 at 05:44 PM.
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

Oh and it will be 4s only this time around
Old 12-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

How wide are you with that mod Mike?

I ran my T1e at 10 1/2" front 10 1/4" rear last year, it was a little harder to get it throught the gates at those numbers. My XR is about the same.

Looks good it will help the COG with those tall tires.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
How wide are you with that mod Mike?

I ran my T1e at 10 1/2" front 10 1/4" rear last year, it was a little harder to get it throught the gates at those numbers. My XR is about the same.

Looks good it will help the COG with those tall tires.
I'll measure it now and get back to you. I am super wide on my xr and have never had any problems with gates so Im not too worried about it.

I have only ran this rig with these tires never even tried anything else on the fastback.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Ok norm I checked widths. My xr is and has been all season 11-1/4'' outside of tire to outside of tire in the front and 10-3/4'' in the rear. Thats with 475 front hubs and 650 rear hubs on .7 slws

The fastback was 10-3/4'' front and 10'' rear with .5'' hubs front and rear on .8 eritex rocker wheels.

Now with the longer toobs it is exactly the same as the xr 11-1/4'' still with .5'' hubs

xr and shafty comparison.

Last edited by irok22s; 12-03-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #91
RCC Addict

I can dig it.. But it needs some Dlux wheels.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #92
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
I can dig it.. But it needs some Dlux wheels.
I wouldn't mind giving those a shot.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Mikey, been seeing a lot of wider rigs lately. I have my XR at just under 11" in the front. I'll have to take your Sporty for a drive and see if I need some longer tubes.

Looks wild.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks Mikey, been seeing a lot of wider rigs lately. I have my XR at just under 11" in the front. I'll have to take your Sporty for a drive and see if I need some longer tubes.

Looks wild.
No problem Norm. Your welcome to drive any of my junk anytime.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

So I'm going to order vp knuckles and chubs. The problem is, I am having trouble deciding which ones to get. Do I get the knuckles for the xr and make a bta steering? Or should I go easy route and get the wraith knuckles and run the steering up front? Any info or opinions welcome.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

I find the BTA steering kind of a messy mod your choice on the AX axle is to have your steering arm slightly forward or you servo slightly forward I would choose steering arm forward and go with the Wraith knuckles and chubs as long as they where zero Ackerman and the 8* chamber.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I find the BTA steering kind of a messy mod your choice on the AX axle is to have your steering arm slightly forward or you servo slightly forward I would choose steering arm forward and go with the Wraith knuckles and chubs as long as they where zero Ackerman and the 8* chamber.
But, but, but! For some reason I feel better jamming the back of the servo case into shit than the servo horn.
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ya I ordered the wraith vp knuckles. (they should be here early next week) They are for sure 8*, not sure if they are zero ackerman or not. I think they are.

I went with the wraith knucks cause my last bta setup was a real bugger to get figured out. Running the tierod high and in the front just seems like less of a headache at this point. Who knows maybe I will get creative again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opek View Post
But, but, but! For some reason I feel better jamming the back of the servo case into shit than the servo horn.
I agree thats why I had BTA on the ax10 originally. But now after having my xr with the servo mounted forward, it doesnt seem to be as big of an issue as I once thought it was. With a good servo horn like the robotronics one everything has been ok for me so far.

Last edited by irok22s; 12-09-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Do you know if the fastback chassis can still be ordered. I know the underground crawlers website is underconstruction right now. Or mayber a way to get in touch with them?
donhd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #100
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhd04 View Post
Do you know if the fastback chassis can still be ordered. I know the underground crawlers website is underconstruction right now. Or mayber a way to get in touch with them?
pm C.H.U.D. and ask him.