Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ClassiCutCustoms 2014 Shafty build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2015, 07:37 AM   #241
RCC Addict

Default Re: ClassiCutCustoms 2014 Shafty build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
So will the new axles need to run the Shift Hubs? It also looks like they will need to be drilled out to fit the new shafts.
Well Slick..... Not necessarily but let me explain. I have been a fan of Shifts for a long time and I have been working with Brian on this project. He sent me his prints and I have tailored this around them. I have a set of hexes here from the Crawllife build and I couldn't get them to work. As can be expected, getting this industry to agree an a standard for anything has been tough and I like a good tight fit..... Who doesn't?? That said, I am happy to look at any other preferred setups but I know that Shifts work well and I would suggest them as first pick.
ClassiCutCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2015, 08:25 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassiCutCustoms View Post
I have a 9 year old son who has been making frequent trips to the rocks for testing and practice and he has started pressing dad to bring his truck. Well over the last couple years it has lost a servo and various parts to use on other projects. A few weeks back at our local picnic fun comp I drove Baldy 's Shafty and got inspired to update the old AX10 that started this hobby back in 2008. Back in the day it was quite the rig but it looks awful big compared to today's standards...... So don't laugh but here is where I shall start......

I might have heard something about this
chyobrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #243
I wanna be Dave

Shifts are a great product. I have them on most of my rigs, just checking. I have 2 unopened packs on my parts wall.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:25 PM   #244
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassiCutCustoms View Post
Beest, This is set number 2. I learned some new things from this build (besides not reaching behind a spinning lathe head that cost me half a thumbnail!) and need to redo number one again. I have number 3 already spoken for but I hope to have the bugs worked out in a week or two and start offering something. I am still not sure how much pre fab needs to be done and how to offer the setup. Number 3 is also a complete setup and I asked him to send me gears and housing and I will send a complete axle.
Right on man. Let me know when your ready to do set #4:cool:
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:07 AM   #245
RCC Addict

I have been slowly squeezing some little updates here and there into this truck. I have been playing catch up with guys who are building trucks with my parts and making them lighter than mine! Lol I had ordered in several SDI shafts for customers and snagged a set for myself. I love the new rigid and skinny look

I have been seeing guys using the UN Doos and decided to try a set for myself from a partially used set I had here.. I am still playing with foams and need to do some more rock time but I am loving them so far. I also made some new wheels from a combination of different parts I had in my shop. I thinned down my skinny rings into ultra skinny and used a center I had ran a year ago.......

Before......

After...... Lol

I am still working on adding purple aluminum hardware but I am sitting at 1464 grams RTR and about 300g less than a month ago...... Call it the 24 day Challenge if you like!!!

ClassiCutCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #246
Quarry Creeper

Wheels are looking amazing Barry

I like the purple hardwareLooks pretty nice....
braune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #247
I wanna be Dave

Wheels remind me of 5th Dimension "Negative Space" wheels, rig looks good.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:07 PM   #248
Fifth dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Wheels remind me of 5th Dimension "Negative Space" wheels, rig looks good.
They are reminiscent of the 3 spoke design. Any 3 spoke design really. Cool stuff tho.
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassiCutCustoms 2014 Shafty build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ClassiCutCustoms berg in a box BullfrogRC EnRoute Berg 39 11-15-2014 11:18 AM
Bulldog Berg Build for 2014 ClassiCutCustoms EnRoute Berg 165 07-04-2014 10:10 AM
BOOSTED's 2014 build The 5th Dimension: MKII begins:pg 11 boosted4lyf EnRoute Berg 239 10-10-2013 12:08 PM