Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX10 Scorpion Update

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 04:31 AM   #101
Pebble Pounder

Tower has it at $249 and I used the $35 off coupon. Now that IMHO is a good price! I can not wait to receive it.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2007, 05:53 AM   #102
Rock Crawler

Yeah but he is in Canada, so he's paying $400 lol
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:48 AM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Yep. I've had mine pre-ordered since they came out - in fact, I pre-ordered it when the price was still listed as $299 on tower, when the price dropped I called them and asked if I would get the $249 price when mine shipped, and they took care of it for me - of course, one look at my order history in their computers and they know that they only stand to gain by keeping me happy - reminds me of the "how much have you spent on R/C" thread in the chat section. The answer is I really don't care to stop and think about it. Bottom line, this is a lot of fun, and as long as I'm not breaking the bank on it, it's all good.

But seriously - you're looking at a kit that you build, put electronics in and it's ready to go. Check out some of the other crawling ready rollers on the market - most of them are $500+, and more than a few are over $1000. I figure for someone just getting into crawling who doesn't have a lot of R/C experience and or a machine shop, this is a heck of a good deal.
cotharyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:54 AM   #104

Hi !

My first post in the forum.

I am waiting for that rig too (My First Crawler) ... (and I am from Quebec/Canada), the Canadian pricing should not be really far from the US pricing because of the current exchange rate ... but in Canada you got to add around 15% (2 taxes) to the pricing... so ~$250USD ... make that maybe ~280 to ~300 + taxes = 322 to 345$.

but then again .. no real pricing here yet, it should be available like they says : Late August / Early Sept. as per the Canadian distributors (Great Planes and Horizon hobbies.)

about myself : been in RC for 25 years, been racing ON-Road for 15 years.. I am a bit tired of being at the track once a week and having total weekly track time of maybe 30 minutes (6 packs), I am from the country side and my roots are OFF-ROAD (Dune Buggies and MT's), I dont have any current off-road related equipment except maybe running shoes

I have all of my equipment for the crawler is ready in a box : (2 x HS5925MG, 1 x HS5955TG (winch), M11 TX/RX, 38 & 4200's, Jeep Body, 55T & a 65T lathe motor, Fwd/Rev ESC,

Until then ill be reading the forum and awaiting the AX10.

M.
MATTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #105
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTS View Post
Hi !

My first post in the forum.

I am waiting for that rig too (My First Crawler) ... (and I am from Quebec/Canada), the Canadian pricing should not be really far from the US pricing because of the current exchange rate ... but in Canada you got to add around 15% (2 taxes) to the pricing... so ~$250USD ... make that maybe ~280 to ~300 + taxes = 322 to 345$.

but then again .. no real pricing here yet, it should be available like they says : Late August / Early Sept. as per the Canadian distributors (Great Planes and Horizon hobbies.)

about myself : been in RC for 25 years, been racing ON-Road for 15 years.. I am a bit tired of being at the track once a week and having total weekly track time of maybe 30 minutes (6 packs), I am from the country side and my roots are OFF-ROAD (Dune Buggies and MT's), I dont have any current off-road related equipment except maybe running shoes

I have all of my equipment for the crawler is ready in a box : (2 x HS5925MG, 1 x HS5955TG (winch), M11 TX/RX, 38 & 4200's, Jeep Body, 55T & a 65T lathe motor, Fwd/Rev ESC,

Until then ill be reading the forum and awaiting the AX10.

M.
Or you could get a nice guy like myself to buy one in the US and meet you near the Can border.
scrooloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #106
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by naossoan View Post
The $250 that Tower Hobbies says seems a lot more reasonable...but who knows if they're right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Tower has it at $249 and I used the $35 off coupon. Now that IMHO is a good price! I can not wait to receive it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotharyus View Post
Yep. I've had mine pre-ordered since they came out - in fact, I pre-ordered it when the price was still listed as $299 on tower, when the price dropped I called them and asked if I would get the $249 price when mine shipped, and they took care of it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTS View Post
it should be available like they says : Late August / Early Sept. as per the Canadian distributors (Great Planes and Horizon hobbies.)
You guys should be looking in the vendors section here, and supporting the vendors that support our hobby...
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #107
Quarry Creeper

None of the vendors here had it when I pre-ordered it. Besides, I've been supporting them plenty, and will be supporting them penty more, esp. unimoger and JRH. Those two have conspired to make everything but the motor and wheels on my WK weakpoints in the driveline. Since you're so hot on the vendors here, which of them has gears for my WK tranny? If they have them, they aren't on any of the websites they've got. I'm all about supporting the guys that help us out, but when I'm looking for something, I tend to be impatient, and the folks to speak up first are usually going to get my business.
cotharyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #108
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
You guys should be looking in the vendors section here, and supporting the vendors that support our hobby...
so far everything i have purchased that is crawler related has been through the vendors from this site. and i will continue to do so, seeing as there isn't much in the way of support for r/c crawling in canada.
Zurbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:46 PM   #109
Pebble Pounder

got plenty oh lhs's here that support the hobby. no need to wait for shipping
mxer611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #110
RCC Addict

Will the kit have the new sticky rock lizards or the originals?
bbyrd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:30 PM   #111
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd22 View Post
Will the kit have the new sticky rock lizards or the originals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out
RCP do you guys know if the ax10 kit is going to have Axial New Version -2 -Super Sticky Lizard Tire
or the first version

First version

as per RCP
Zurbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:45 PM   #112
Rock Crawler

Well that sucks. I cant see any reason to include a less desirable version of the tires unless they just need a way to get rid of them.
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:33 AM   #113
Rock Stacker

test. test. test
one two three,
I'll be crawling your way to RCPee!!!
Centipede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:03 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

has anyone heard of an ETA on the axles kits and tranny?
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:44 AM   #115
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Since I have joined this forum I have purchased several items from vendors here. If they did not have it here then I found it elsewhere. I pre-ordered before I knew about this place plus the price I got is very good, $249 minus $35 discount a total of $214. If a vendor here wants to match it or has a better price then I will cancel Tower and buy from them here. I like to save $ when I can. Maybe you are wrong with what you stated. We do look in the vendors section and we do buy from them.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #116

hey axial guy, what is the price going to be after the initial pre-buy, will you bump it to list price? :-(

I will be going with the crawler store this week, but my brother might not get going till later this year and would like to pay the same price.

any update on the delivery date?

thanks for making a dedicated crawler that most of us can afford
TimBlume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #117
Rock Stacker

so. how good is this thing supposed to crawl. is it going to be better than all of the other crawlers?
jdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #118
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBlume View Post
hey axial guy, what is the price going to be after the initial pre-buy, will you bump it to list price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBlume View Post

I will be going with the crawler store this week, but my brother might not get going till later this year and would like to pay the same price.

any update on the delivery date?

thanks for making a dedicated crawler that most of us can afford
Hi,

We currently only sell through distributors and their pricing is set. You will need to contact the vendor you are purchasing through to find out what their normal selling price would be.

The first batch of kits was shipped from our overseas factory on the 20th, it is usually 4-5 weeks before the dealers start to get them in, but we will be doing our best to get them out as soon as we get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdking View Post
so. how good is this thing supposed to crawl. is it going to be better than all of the other crawlers?

We designed it so that it would be competitive right out of the box. There will still need to be some setup and tuning required, but the out of the box set up performs quite well. The obvious change would be battery placement, as discussed it was done so that people can get up and running quickly using inexpensive batteries already on the market. It was always intended to have the option to use LiPo's or other smaller battery choices to mount on the front axle.

Thanks,
Axial
Matt.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #119
Rock Stacker

is there any dealers in europe?
bjornsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #120

thanks axial guy, going to order today
TimBlume is offline   Reply With Quote