Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: SCREAMER's F-Bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2016, 09:57 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: SCREAMER's F-Bomber

Good info! I ordered a set of those 7462s right after you posted the link. After seeing them I had to try a set. I absolutely love my 2662s and if these are at least as good I'll be really happy. They look sweet. Any info on where to find springs? Post up if you find a good aluminum cap too.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Made some progress today on both builds. Finally got my hands on a VP sway bar and I have to say it was very much worth the wait. It went on with zero modification to the Bomber and there's no slop anywhere. Really made a difference in the amount I can twist by hand. This thing is awesome and the design is great. Screws grab the torsion bar by both sides and the arms bend out to clear the chassis with ease and allow you to run the links inboard of the arms. Good stuff VP!
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Those sway bars are still MIA in the Great White North. I'll be in San Diego for the weekend, hopefully I can track down an RC shop with something to spend money on
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, you'll definitely want one of these for your build Maslin. It really stiffens the rear end.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

This is your non-crawler build now? Without the wraith rear?
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Yes. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't want to start an entirely new thread. I'm going to keep both builds here. The one pictured above is the go fast build with bomber length links. It needs a stiffer rear sway bar. My crawler build will get the softer Dlux sway bar ran in the reverse mount.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Your runnin a smaller link from sway to axle mount? Looks like it, the Ti vp includes is a little to long. Also you may wanna change out the grub screws for some M3x4mm button or cap head. Ive heard the grubs will come loose really quick.

Im tryin to find out the difference from mounting the sway bar in that location vs rear bumper mount? And also the differences for the 4 holes on the sway bar, do you or anyone know?
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:12 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Yes. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't want to start an entirely new thread. I'm going to keep both builds here. The one pictured above is the go fast build with bomber length links. It needs a stiffer rear sway bar. My crawler build will get the softer Dlux sway bar ran in the reverse mount.
No worries...would like to see what the crawler sway bar looks like. Is it a wraith sway bar size?
Old 01-12-2016, 01:34 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Your runnin a smaller link from sway to axle mount? Looks like it, the Ti vp includes is a little to long. Also you may wanna change out the grub screws for some M3x4mm button or cap head. Ive heard the grubs will come loose really quick.

Im tryin to find out the difference from mounting the sway bar in that location vs rear bumper mount? And also the differences for the 4 holes on the sway bar, do you or anyone know?
Yes, homemade shorter links from sway to axle. The grubs are fine with a little locktite. The difference in mounting position on the arms adds or subtracts leverage on the torsion bar. Basically, further out has the effect of making the sway bar softer. Further in gives less leverage on the bar and makes the whole thing more stiff.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:46 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes, homemade shorter links from sway to axle. The grubs are fine with a little locktite. The difference in mounting position on the arms adds or subtracts leverage on the torsion bar. Basically, further out has the effect of making the sway bar softer. Further in gives less leverage on the bar and makes the whole thing more stiff.
Ok thats what I thought but good to hear from someone else. What about the different locations? Under fuel cell or rear bumper? Differences? Is there any or just personal preference?
Old 01-12-2016, 02:34 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Just personal preference as far as I know. Here's the crawler build with the torsion bar in the rear location for comparison. I chose the positions for each based on where they fit best and cycled through their travel with no interference. Awesome that we have 2 choices on the bomber.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2016, 03:25 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
Those sway bars are still MIA in the Great White North. I'll be in San Diego for the weekend, hopefully I can track down an RC shop with something to spend money on
I'm with you. Still waiting on the silver one to come back in stick.
Good luck in San Diego. I live here and 5 of the LHS here don't even know what vanquish is yet all of then sell Axial. Tried to explain but no managers or owners are ever around
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:29 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

FedEx, UPS, and USPS all showed up with goodies today. What a great day, I was installing as fast as they were ringing the doorbell. Here's a shot of my rear shock setup on Qwiksilver. These are the ProLine 5" XTs and I'm running 30wt oil in all six shocks with Axial purple front and yellow rear springs. Traxxas big bore 2662 for the front and rear sprung shocks. I'm getting very excited to take this build out for some serious bashing. All I have left to wait for is my Holmes 540XL 3500kv which should be on the way and to decide on a new RX/TX. I like my 3 DX4C setups but am thinking I'd like to get something a little higher end. Maybe something in the $200-$300 range. Any suggestions? Futaba, or Airtronics MT4 looks nice. Let me know what you guys think. I don't mind getting another $90 Spektrum combo if it's all I need but wondering if I'm missing out on something that'll really compliment this build.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2016, 04:35 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Screamer, did you have any fitment issues with the skid and lower rails you purchase to build another cage?
Old 01-12-2016, 04:41 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
FedEx, UPS, and USPS all showed up with goodies today. What a great day, I was installing as fast as they were ringing the doorbell. Here's a shot of my rear shock setup on Qwiksilver. These are the ProLine 5" XTs and I'm running 30wt oil in all six shocks with Axial purple front and yellow rear springs. Traxxas big bore 2662 for the front and rear sprung shocks. I'm getting very excited to take this build out for some serious bashing. All I have left to wait for is my Holmes 540XL 3500kv which should be on the way and to decide on a new RX/TX. I like my 3 DX4C setups but am thinking I'd like to get something a little higher end. Maybe something in the $200-$300 range. Any suggestions? Futaba, or Airtronics MT4 looks nice. Let me know what you guys think. I don't mind getting another $90 Spektrum combo if it's all I need but wondering if I'm missing out on something that'll really compliment this build.
Looking awesome man. Very nice setup an look forward to how it performs.

I run a DX4C with AVC in my Yet XL and Losi XXLe conversion. I can't find anything it doesn't do for Go Fast bashing. I'm not a racer so I can't say if it has limits. As much as I like Futaba and AT, the cost is just not for me as I have never needed anything more than my DX4C. It will control my soon to be Bomber as well.

I have a sr300 running my KOH bar and roof light. All,other lights will run 3s direct so no need for a SR415 4ch RX. For the $$ Spektrum is hard to beat for name brand.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:38 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Good info CMB, thanks.

Yoda, yes, the holes do not line up perfect on my RTR Bomber or on my second build. The middle and back line up fine but the middle and forward do not. It's not a huge deal once you know. All you have to do is angle the screw to get it started then it straightens back up. Funny thing is, all the Bomber skid holes line up perfect on the Wraith chassis. Lol
Old 01-12-2016, 07:41 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Did you try fitting the Currie Anti-Rock the opposite way having the link ends on the outside of the T/A shock mount?
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

No I didn't. I prefer to run it with the torsion bar forward. I will say that I don't think the VP bar will even fit through the rear mount because it is a bit thicker than the Dlux fab bar which is pretty snug in the rear mount. Also, the width is narrower in the rear and with the brass bushings and inserts in the Currie arms it really does fit perfect in the forward mount, like it was designed for the bomber forward mount. If I moved it to the rear I'd have to cut the bar down about half an inch and then machine 4 flats back into it. Eff all that noise. You'll see when you get yours bilinvic. There's plenty of room between the arms and the shocks through the entire travel so no problems there either.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:31 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

Is that a homemade sway bar on the crawler?
Old 01-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm31078 View Post
Is that a homemade sway bar on the crawler?
Yes Dlux made it in his new home where he is filling orders.

SCREAMER's F-Bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EmeryworX bomber tuner Axial RR10 Bomber 5 12-13-2015 06:31 PM
About to get an Axial bomber thatchvol Axial RR10 Bomber 12 12-07-2015 08:08 AM
Screamer's FNG build SCREAMER Axial Wraith 35 10-21-2015 03:11 PM
Backwoods Bomber Duuuuuuuude 1.9 Scale Rigs 153 06-11-2012 08:41 AM