Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Hoyt's HoNcHo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Hoyt's HoNcHo

Rig looks great!! I just got the same interior for mine and am having trouble figuring out how to get it mounted inside the body. How did you mount yours, I was looking thru the build and couldn't see how you have it fixed?
greencrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
Rig looks great!! I just got the same interior for mine and am having trouble figuring out how to get it mounted inside the body. How did you mount yours, I was looking thru the build and couldn't see how you have it fixed?
Thanks man.

Velcro. Two small strips in the back and one on each oF the doors. Seems plenty strong to hold. Was gonna go double sided tape but went with Velcro instead.

I will take some pics tomorrow to show.
hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

@greencrawler

I use stuff called VELCRO (Industrial Strength), can be found anywhere really from walmart to homedepot.

Some pics to go with the description above.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt View Post
Thanks man.

Velcro. Two small strips in the back and one on each oF the doors. Seems plenty strong to hold. Was gonna go double sided tape but went with Velcro instead.

I will take some pics tomorrow to show.
I'm on my first scale rig so still trying to figure out all the tricks Thanks for the info and pics
greencrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKkrawler View Post
Amazing work man Im a noob at this,but your work is all quality and your build is inspiring me to build something different,kee it up!!
Thanks man, welcome to the site and enjoy your new addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
I'm on my first scale rig so still trying to figure out all the tricks Thanks for the info and pics
No problem.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #106

Looking great!!

Giving me some good ideas for my first crawelr... but also reminding me to take my time with the project!
limited360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

hoyt this sat 11am the usual spot we gona show some new guys the spot plus i need to talk to you
freakofnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #108
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited360 View Post
Looking great!!

Giving me some good ideas for my first crawelr... but also reminding me to take my time with the project!

Thanks man
Old 03-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Got the truck out today before (hopefully the last) snow storm hits this afternoon. No breakage and some good rocks so all in all a good outing.

The treps seemed to do just fine but I will need a couple more runs on them before making a judgement. It was cool today at 33 degrees so they seemed a little slick on some of the rock and the fronts are not weighted yet.

Anyways heres some pics

Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #110

those beadlocks are HARD !
slitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:02 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Man I haven't touched this thread in almost 2 years. This truck no matter how many times I tear her down always gets resurrected. The honcho will never die.

No changes to the body or cage at this time. May make a few cosmetic changes to the trug section when the weather gets warmer. Also want to repaint it to but that wont be for a while.

This time around I decided to go with some performance enhancements.

First up would be some RCBRO splined tubes SCX/width.

Just gonna show a little bit of the work since this is my first time working with the shorter tubes. Went together fairly quickly and no setbacks. Cut the axle housings.

Then dug into the xr-10 universals. flattening down and then cutting to size.

Wanted to make sure everything was good before continuing. Im also trying the axial overdrive gear 36/14 up front (rear stock) to see how I like it.

Got everything back together including drilling the holes to lock in the tubes to the housings. I had a spare straight VP titanium tie rod from my now gone xr-10 days that I bent up. You will see that I am also using VP wraith knuckles and plastic wraith c-hubs. I still need to drill and tap for the c-hubs.

And last but not least some new shoes.
VP KMC'S
Locked up hardware
and some CI Deuces wild foams.

Thanks for looking and hopefully more updates to come.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:39 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

dam bro long time no see. your gona love the pit bulls. once it gets warmer out we gotta get together. there a bunch of us that crawl up in washington. check out mountain man crawling on face book
Old 02-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #113
Rock Crawler

Brilliant!! Really liked this build and glad to see it's still about, look forward to future updates
pobrockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:29 PM   #114
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakofnature View Post
dam bro long time no see. your gona love the pit bulls. once it gets warmer out we gotta get together. there a bunch of us that crawl up in washington. check out mountain man crawling on face book
Its been a while Mike but im still kicking even though im on my third (we done) kid now lol. I will have to check out that site on facebook. My oldest can drive the wraith pretty good now so I wanted to get something back up and running for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobrockcrawler View Post
Brilliant!! Really liked this build and glad to see it's still about, look forward to future updates
thank you, right now I just want to get it back up and running and will go from there.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:34 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyt View Post
Its been a while Mike but im still kicking even though im on my third (we done) kid now lol. I will have to check out that site on facebook. My oldest can drive the wraith pretty good now so I wanted to get something back up and running for me.
there now a hobby shop by me on 206 that has some crawler parts and hobbytown isnt in newton any more its on 206 in byram by the shop rite now. the place we run is up in washington at a guys house