Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 09:26 PM   #381
RCC Addict

Default Re: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Proje

Sweet sliders!!! Very nice to see product installed prior to purchase. A must for my JK kit!
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #382
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Proje

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrusley77 View Post
Ok ok Not to be rude but what do you do for a living do you need help
Stay at home dad and I work like 5 days a month at Hobbytown Folsom. I'm pretty sure I don't need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1to View Post
Sweet sliders!!! Very nice to see product installed prior to purchase. A must for my JK kit!
Awesome, I'm glad you like it and I totally agree it a must have for any JK kit.

Last edited by nissan_driver24; 04-01-2014 at 11:40 PM.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
Thank You for the info, I believe VP went with the crossmemeber servo mount rather than the length (Hand Bros style) because it keeps the servo out of the axle way during flex, better servo throw, and crossmember keeps the frame very rigid in the front end. It's a very nice piece, and no need for a aluminium servo stand.

When I look on VP's website I do not see a CMS kit for the scx10. Is this the CMS kit for the wraith? Thanks!
Paych3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #384
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paych3ck View Post
When I look on VP's website I do not see a CMS kit for the scx10. Is this the CMS kit for the wraith? Thanks!
VP does not currently make a CMS kit from the Aluminum SCX10 Axle housing. I did not use the wraith setup because it wouldn't work. What I did with this setup was modified to an old Hand's Bro CMS to make it work. Something I did years ago.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #385
Rock Crawler

Quote:
VP does not currently make a CMS kit from the Aluminum SCX10 Axle housing. I did not use the wraith setup because it wouldn't work. What I did with this setup was modified to an old Hand's Bro CMS to make it work. Something I did years ago.
what are you mounting the panhard bar onto the axle with?pics?
cushdog58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #386
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cushdog58 View Post
what are you mounting the panhard bar onto the axle with?pics?
I don't have a picture of my Honcho front end setup but I plan on putting it back together soon to show ya.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #387
Rock Crawler

POISON SPYDER BRAWLER ROCKERS BLACK - Vanquish Products just to let everyone know the Rock Brawler Siders are out
Old 04-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #388
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
POISON SPYDER BRAWLER ROCKERS BLACK - Vanquish Products just to let everyone know the Rock Brawler Siders are out
And the Black one's are already sold out
nsimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:59 PM   #389
RCC Addict

DANGIT! I'll have JPH call Steve and see what's up...
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:59 PM   #390
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsimps View Post
And the Black one's are already sold out
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbean View Post
DANGIT! I'll have JPH call Steve and see what's up...
I'm not surprised the blacks are already sold out. You guys gotta remember that hobby stores like RPP probably bought them up before everyone could.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:13 AM   #391
Pebble Pounder

This is literally the best rc build I have ever seen.

But it blows my mind that you hardly take it off road.
OkinawaCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:10 AM   #392
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkinawaCrawler View Post
This is literally the best rc build I have ever seen.

But it blows my mind that you hardly take it off road.
Never taken off-road and driven. Only taken off-road for pictures

Picture taken back in May at the famous Corona Del-Mar Beach. Pretty amazing place.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #393
RCC Addict

I've beaten on mine with the black rockers, and I date say they look a lot better with some scratches! (Hint hint)
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #394

Why in the world would you build such a insane rig and never take it out????? Great build but for it to just sit on a shelf seams like a giant waist of money. Just my .02
mtnbker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #395
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbean View Post
I've beaten on mine with the black rockers, and I date say they look a lot better with some scratches! (Hint hint)
I bet they look good even with a few scratches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbker View Post
Why in the world would you build such a insane rig and never take it out????? Great build but for it to just sit on a shelf seams like a giant waist of money. Just my .02
To some like yourself it maybe such a waste of money but I have several rig and they have just as much money in them and anyone that knows me the cars I use, I definitely use them. This rig maybe a shelf queen but most of it's life it sits where it's well used in a store setting and comp setting for ideas. It was made to show that a stock looking rig could still be amazing. It has given hundereds of people ideas on how they could build their rig. To me that's pretty valuable.

Last few months it has been sitting in a glass case where hundreds of people see it all the time at my work. No one wants to see a beat up old used car as a show rig that's not my personality.

I apologize if you think my way of thinking is dumb.

My Jeep JK and Yeti on display at work.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #396
Pebble Pounder

This rig inspired me to purchase a set of the same Vanquish wheels and actually introduced me to Vanquish in the first place. I'm just one of probably many examples who saw this and said "I gotta have that!"
nsimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:27 AM   #397
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsimps View Post
This rig inspired me to purchase a set of the same Vanquish wheels and actually introduced me to Vanquish in the first place. I'm just one of probably many examples who saw this and said "I gotta have that!"
That's awesome nsimps, I thank you for the feedback. I'm glad I could help.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #398
Quarry Creeper

Impressive rig! Is that a Dingo in the photo above? Do you have more pictures of that build somewhere?

Thanks,
Steve
pastimesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:41 PM   #399
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastimesteve View Post
Impressive rig! Is that a Dingo in the photo above? Do you have more pictures of that build somewhere?

Thanks,
Steve
Thanks, the dingo is my co-worker's rig, he doesn't go on rccrawler so no build thread...
Old 09-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #400
RCC Addict

I love this JK so much, I think I've looked at all the pictures 4-5 times since you started it.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/423278-phams-vp-axial-scx-10-jk-jeep-wrangler-unlmited-rubicon-unlimited-budget-project.html
Posted By For Type Date
RCFansÒ£¿ØÃÔ|RCFansÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 02-28-2013 06:13 PM
RCFansÒ£¿ØÃÔ|RCFansÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 02-28-2013 01:22 AM

Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rubi_con_Arni - Axial Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon perseus71 Axial SCX-10 79 08-11-2015 11:44 PM
Axial SCX10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon jason Scale Videos! 16 11-03-2013 09:27 AM
Axial SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - AX90028 BENDER Axial SCX-10 379 07-02-2013 10:57 PM
Axial Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited #2 Rivas Concepts Scale Videos! 0 12-17-2012 10:48 AM
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM