Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's SCX10 III JT Gladiator Trail Warrior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2021, 06:36 AM   #81
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: B-MOW's SCX10 III JT Gladiator Trail Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBrutus View Post
I actually have an Element with IFS that I have been (very slowly) working on making a scale build out of. Was originally my COVID project early on during lockdown, then I got distracted by the 10.3 release and the Vanquish twins

Going to let the wallet cool off for a bit, then get back into some RC modifications.....also have a cool idea for the Pro

Let's hope that game happens on Monday....I am already making plans for my gametime meal!
Great choice on the IFS Element! It makes for a great scale rig! I can definitely see how the "twins" would cause some distraction!

I'm still in the process of finishing my IFS Trailwalker. Still need to add more scale details to it.

Name:  IMG_5478.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  182.2 KB

I hear ya on the "hot" wallet! Mine has been on fire here lately! Time to let mine chill off for awhile too!

Curious to see your PRO idea!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2021, 06:50 AM   #82
Rock Crawler

Sweet build, my dude!

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:50 AM   #83
Slow is the new Fast

Holee Smokes, You knocked it out of the park on your Gladiator B! It looks ready to hit some mountain passes. I really like the detail work on your paint.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:35 AM   #84
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
Sweet build, my dude!

Lou
Thanks TK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Holee Smokes, You knocked it out of the park on your Gladiator B! It looks ready to hit some mountain passes. I really like the detail work on your paint.
Thanks smog!

I wish I had some mountain passes near me! Living in the rolling hills of Ohio doesn't give my much opportunity to test out the full capability of the JT! I need to take a road trip out west to were the beautiful red rocks are at someday!

Can't wait to get it out and have some fun with it!
Old 01-13-2021, 01:24 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Man this thing looks awesome. Haven’t checked in here for a while, but I’m glad I did.

I think I’m going to have to buy the knight customs files for my JL, the fenders turned out great on this thing.
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:06 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Oh man, what a sweet build! I just checked out the pics but I need to go through the whole thread, Nice job!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:21 PM   #87
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Man this thing looks awesome. Haven’t checked in here for a while, but I’m glad I did.

I think I’m going to have to buy the knight customs files for my JL, the fenders turned out great on this thing.
Thanks man!

Thanks for stopping by! The fender flares are nice and print very well. They add just enough clearance so that the Rock Beast XL's tuck up in the fenders without rubbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
Oh man, what a sweet build! I just checked out the pics but I need to go through the whole thread, Nice job!
Thanks kincer!

I've got some more parts ordered and on the way so I'm hoping to get more post and pics up soon!
Old 01-27-2021, 03:14 PM   #88
Go Buckeyes!

The items that I ordered way back in December have finally arrived! They were stuck at a USPS sorting facility in California until recently.

Anyways, I picked up the Club5 Racing Gladiator decal sets for the hood and tailgate. Nice quality decals that add another scale touch to the body. The antenna was cheap and I figured it would look good on there until I roll it and rip it off!

Name:  IMG_5869.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  177.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5870.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  180.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5871.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  176.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5909.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  178.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5873.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  177.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5910.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  177.5 KB

Working on some other upgrades now. Should have pics up later tonight.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:30 AM   #89
Quarry Creeper

That is a pure work of art! Are you sure you want to drive it?

Seriously though, that is one nice looking truck there! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for her!
RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:42 AM   #90
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBrutus View Post
That is a pure work of art! Are you sure you want to drive it?

Seriously though, that is one nice looking truck there! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for her!

Thanks man!

Yeah, I definitely plan on getting it dirty, but I seem to make the same mistake on each of my builds. Going in to them I try to add just enough detail to make them look cool out on the rocks, but the longer they sit on my bench and the more time I put into them, the harder it gets to take them out and destroy them!

But, I have decided that this rig is definitely going to Beat The Creek G6 in Kentucky this May. So I’m in the process of getting it armored up to take the abuse of a full weekend of many miles of hardcore tiny truck fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2021, 03:05 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

Your Gladiator looks fantastic!!
I have a red Gladiator that is currently box stock but upgrade parts are arriving daily.
Should have everything by next week and the tear down/build up should begin shortly after that.
Picked up some great tips and ideas from your thread....thanks for that.
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:32 AM   #92
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
Your Gladiator looks fantastic!!
I have a red Gladiator that is currently box stock but upgrade parts are arriving daily.
Should have everything by next week and the tear down/build up should begin shortly after that.
Picked up some great tips and ideas from your thread....thanks for that.
Hey thanks Jim!

Glad to hear you found some tips and ideas! I'm still working on the JT and will have more to share soon!

You should start up a build thread of your Gladiator so we can see what you have planned for yours! RCC needs more build threads of the JT Gladiator!
Old 02-08-2021, 07:07 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

I'll do a build thread for sure. I should have they rest of my orders in by the end of this week and hope to get started on it early next week.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:25 AM   #94
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
I'll do a build thread for sure. I should have they rest of my orders in by the end of this week and hope to get started on it early next week.
Awesome! Can't wait to see it!
Old 02-21-2021, 05:52 PM   #95
Go Buckeyes!

I'm a little behind on updates for the JT. I slowly roll in the pics to get caught up on what I've been doing to it over the past couple weeks.

First off, I picked up the HW Fushion 1800KV 2-In-1 Motor/ESC combo and a Spektrum SR515 5-channel receiver few weeks back. I originally had planned on throwing these in my IFS Trailwalker, but changed my mind and decided to try it out in the JT.

Name:  IMG_5905.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  179.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5906.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  179.3 KB

In order to fit the Fushion motor in, I had to Dremel out part of the servo mount/oil pan so that the motor would have room to bolt in. I didn't have to take too much plastic out and it still leaves the mounting tab in case I want to put the scale motor back in. Not sure if I will. I want to run it first to see how hot the motor is going to run. If it stays cool enough and gets good air flow, then I may drop the scale motor back over top of it.

Name:  IMG_5907.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  129.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5908.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  108.7 KB

I'm still waiting on warmer weather to melt the foot of snow that is here so I can get the JT out for some testing. Until then, it'll be in the garage getting more upgrades done to it.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:52 PM   #96
Go Buckeyes!

I've been swapping out front bumpers for the last couple weeks trying to decided which one to go with. I think they all look great and match a lot of the 1:1 bumpers I've seen, but I'm struggling on which one to go with.

- First two pics is an Amazon special. It's aluminum, has D-rings, is beefy and heavy and sticks way out. Approach angle not so good, but doesn't look too bad.

- Second two pics is an Injora alum bumper with D-rings. Not as heavy as the first and has a tiny bit better approach angle. It does sit a little higher to allow for a better approach angle. And it looks good.

- Last two pics is the stock bumper that came on my TF2 Marlin. It is steel, has the best approach angle but does not have D-rings. I've always liked having the D-rings out front in case of emergency's, but I guess I could live without them or add some tabs to install them.

I'm about 95% sure that I may go with the Marlin bumper. I like the tube look and it fits the body style well.

What's everybody's thoughts on which way I should go??

Name:  IMG_5875.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  176.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5879.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  154.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5926.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  179.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5927.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  146.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5874.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  179.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5878.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  138.0 KB
Old 02-21-2021, 06:57 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Marlin bumper for the win! These things work on a lot of rigs, using my spare on my 87 Xtra cab Trailwalker. I now have two and will be using the other one on my old OG Honcho lol

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 09:08 PM   #98
Quarry Creeper

Well it seems we are having the same problem lol. Buy the way the first one also looks like an Injora as well... Kinda like the TF2 bumper on there actually. I personally have been looking at the Scaler Fab ones, but the price is just a bit much.

Really glad to see what the Injora bumpers look like on there. Not a fan my self. Almost ordered them a bit ago, .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:01 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

Wow...that's a tough choice for the bumper. They all look good. To me bumper #2 just looks a bit "cleaner" on the front of the truck than the other two do.
Old 02-22-2021, 06:28 AM   #100
RCC Addict

I agree with Jim K, the second bumper looks the cleanest of the bunch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote

B-MOW's SCX10 III JT Gladiator Trail Warrior - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 III Portals Swap on a SCX10 Trail Honcho cubalz Axial SCX-10 2 11-12-2020 10:03 AM
Axial SCX10 III Jeep JT Gladiator RTR sgtlt Axial SCX10 III 40 10-02-2020 10:46 AM
1/10 SCX10 III Jeep JT Gladiator Rock Crawler with Portals RTR Item No. AXI03006 Natedog General Crawlers 2 08-31-2020 10:06 AM
Axial SCX10 III Jeep Gladiator Paul_crawl General Scale Talk 29 08-21-2020 09:29 PM