Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: T-Money's Wraith: Ultra4 HILUX!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #61
RCC Addict

That is not a couple...That is one....
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #62
RCC Addict

My Wraith is all set for the Ultra4 Race now. I made a few changes and installed the fuel cell also added a passenger grab handle. I took a couple pics now that shes ready to go.

NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Ready to lose you mean?!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #64
RCC Addict

Default Re: T-Money's Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Up! View Post
Ready to lose you mean?!
I bet I make it past gate 80
Old 12-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaZ-T View Post
Okay a quick break from trash talking to post a couple pics of the fuel cell before I installed the gas cap and threw it on the rig.

Amazing work on the fuel cell!!
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Looks awesome
CRAIGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #67
RCC Addict

Quote:
I bet I make it past gate 80
HEY! It was gate 90....
Old 12-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Everything you made looks really nice, great job.
BONDONUTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Update:
Well my Wraith is undefeated at the local Ultra 4 races
We are doing Ultra 4 races once a month now so we'll see if I can hold off the competition. I picked up a Mamba Pro and Tekin 4pole 3300kv to throw in so I can get more speed out of it. It's not needed for Ultra4 as I'm doing great with what I'm running now, but I'd really like to be able to get a little air under the tires once in a while.

I haven't made any real changes (yet), I did have to replace a lower link as I bent the hell out of one, along with a universal and an axle case (it was a major hit) but I was smiling as I carried it back to the pits, and that's what matters most
Old 01-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #70
RCC Addict

Quote:
Update:
Well my Wraith is undefeated at the local Ultra 4 races
We are doing Ultra 4 races once a month now so we'll see if I can hold off the competition. I picked up a Mamba Pro and Tekin 4pole 3300kv to throw in so I can get more speed out of it. It's not needed for Ultra4 as I'm doing great with what I'm running now, but I'd really like to be able to get a little air under the tires once in a while.

I haven't made any real changes (yet), I did have to replace a lower link as I bent the hell out of one, along with a universal and an axle case (it was a major hit) but I was smiling as I carried it back to the pits, and that's what matters most
pffff, you wont be able to hold onto first for long!! I couldnt believe how much damage that "little" fall gave your wraith on New Year's!

Glad you got it back together! Cant wait to get back out!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
...It has kinda bugged me that the Wraith didn't have beadlocks, Kaleb had a set of XR10 beadlocks he was not going to use so I snagged them from him. I then had RockDrifter (JJ) narrow them up to 1" wide. I then mounted up some Proline TSL's to get a scale look and a bit more performance. I'm totally loving the look and having a blast bombing the Wraith around.
Very nice lookin Wraith. I just bought a set of the same wheels and am thinkin about narrowing them, do you have any pics of them in peices or advice on how to do it properly?

I've been lookin at mine and don't really like how the rear beadlock is plastic and uses self-tapping 2.6x25mm screws to hold it all together. Looks like if I narrow them I'll have to cut out part of the plastic peice where the screws hold the whole deal together....I'm worried the screw holes will strip out and I'll lose tire beads easily. These wheels look great and I love the offset and plastic but...................................
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

That fuel cell is just pimp! Nice work..
SlowGrynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #73
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Very nice lookin Wraith. I just bought a set of the same wheels and am thinkin about narrowing them, do you have any pics of them in peices or advice on how to do it properly?

I've been lookin at mine and don't really like how the rear beadlock is plastic and uses self-tapping 2.6x25mm screws to hold it all together. Looks like if I narrow them I'll have to cut out part of the plastic peice where the screws hold the whole deal together....I'm worried the screw holes will strip out and I'll lose tire beads easily. These wheels look great and I love the offset and plastic but...................................
No pics of them in pieces, sorry. They are narrowed down to 1" and yes you do remove some of the area that the screws thread into I was worried about that too, but I haven't had any issues at all yet I did run a very small drill bit all the way through so the screws didn't have to fight through the plastic. Here is a pic of the back side of the rim. You can see the screws go all the way through now

Hopes that helps
Old 01-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that they work well, I just mounted mine up last night non-narrowed. I may narrow them later, want to see how they do wider first. A friend has some 1" wide CAC black delrin beadlocks on his, so we'll see how the two widths handling differs.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Been a while since I last updated my thread. These days, with Ultra 4 Racing, the quest for power is on. So a few weeks ago I picked up a CC Mamba Pro and a Tekin 4pole 3300. Wow this setup is incredible, it has more torque than you will ever need and has enough top end I can hit the doubles on the local track With the new power in place I was able to chalk up another win at the last Ultra4 race. so that now make 3 in a row and undefeated [:0] (bring it BEOTCHES) Jrad and I also changed up the paint to make it look more like a 1:1 Ultra 4 rig. I was able to finally finish the sides of the fuel cell too. I have never been more happy or impressed with any R/C I've ever owned.

A few more recent pics

Old 01-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Dang lookin good...btw if you ant smaller screws, use # 0-80 screws for small panel attachment, maybe interior pieces, they are smaller than some of those you've been using.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

what gearing are you running with that new motor?
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #78
RCC Addict

X2 I have a mamba max pro and after hearing your comments on the 4 pole I'm sold Just finishing up the SuperShafty.com ultimate tranny mod

Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #79
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Dang lookin good...btw if you ant smaller screws, use # 0-80 screws for small panel attachment, maybe interior pieces, they are smaller than some of those you've been using.
Ah, good info. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by squish72 View Post
what gearing are you running with that new motor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Farmer View Post
X2 I have a mamba max pro and after hearing your comments on the 4 pole I'm sold Just finishing up the SuperShafty.com ultimate tranny mod

Later,
Farmer
60t spur and 14t pinion, 32pitch of course.
Even after some pretty hard runs she is only warm to the touch
Old 01-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

awesome thank you i was thinking about running underdrive gears front and back to help the brushless but i might not need to
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote