Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith Beginners Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
They work fine from what I've seen. I prefer the VP knuckles because they are a high steer knuckle and don't have the unused arms on the rear.

Thank you. Im only really going to use the wraith from crawling/trail. I just want to make sure the parts are strong enough
couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #342
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by couch View Post
Thank you. Im only really going to use the wraith from crawling/trail. I just want to make sure the parts are strong enough
That's where they help the most. High steer gives the best clearance. That's all I use mine for.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #343
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I do trail and crawling, if hou do hard crawling, the stock transmission going to die quickly.
I destroyed my front and rear c drive, now MIP, I destroyed iddler gear so now I ordered robinson gears for all transmission.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=30.078918,-95.460176
Axial Wraith and Losi SCTE
Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #344

Hey Harley Last night I picked up the strc knuckles, c hubs and steering linkage. I finished everything up with the linkage last and the tires are way toed in. Im using the endlinks that come on the parts tree with the wraith. When i back them out to "open" the front tires the whole linkage just becomes loose. Does that make sense? I wish i took a picture. Seems like i need longer end links right? if so they would have to be about 1'' long each which seems long. Thank you for your help
Old 11-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #345
20K Club

Quote:
Hey Harley Last night I picked up the strc knuckles, c hubs and steering linkage. I finished everything up with the linkage last and the tires are way toed in. Im using the endlinks that come on the parts tree with the wraith. When i back them out to "open" the front tires the whole linkage just becomes loose. Does that make sense? I wish i took a picture. Seems like i need longer end links right? if so they would have to be about 1'' long each which seems long. Thank you for your help
Doesn't sound right. Should bolt right on. I don't use their stuff though so I don't get why without seeing it.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #346
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Are you are using the (AX80057) rod ends?
Stburr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #347

I will have to look when i get home. The were the longest onse on the parts tree that comes with the rtr wraith
Old 11-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #348

Just sold my Losi truggy cause I've been getting sick of racing and ordered a Wraith kit. Im stupid excited about it and can't wait for it to show up. Im going to put in a MMP, Pro4 3300 on 3s and a bec. I just read thru most of this thread but was really hoping for a list of products that need upgrading to handle the power and torque of the motor/battery combo before i build it. Many thanks in advance!
jasons36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #349
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasons36 View Post
Just sold my Losi truggy cause I've been getting sick of racing and ordered a Wraith kit. Im stupid excited about it and can't wait for it to show up. Im going to put in a MMP, Pro4 3300 on 3s and a bec. I just read thru most of this thread but was really hoping for a list of products that need upgrading to handle the power and torque of the motor/battery combo before i build it. Many thanks in advance!
With that kind of power you'll want as many upgrades as you can. The entire driveline is a must. everything is listed at the beginning.

MIP Driveshafts
Transmission gears
32 pitch spur and pinion
One piece lockers in the axles

You'll also want to stiffen everything up. Grab the VP Ti links for steering and suspension as well as knuckles and C's.

Plastic wheels probably won't cut it. You'll need aluminum to handle that power.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #350

Quote:
With that kind of power you'll want as many upgrades as you can. The entire driveline is a must. everything is listed at the beginning.

MIP Driveshafts
Transmission gears
32 pitch spur and pinion

You'll also want to stiffen everything up. Grab the VP Ti links for steering and suspension as well as knuckles and C's.

Plastic wheels probably won't cut it. You'll need aluminum to handle that power.
Would all of that be necessary with a 13.5 on 3s?
Old 11-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #351
20K Club

Quote:
Would all of that be necessary with a 13.5 on 3s?
You are still likely to start breaking parts. If you want speed it will all be needed eventually.

This guide covers it pretty much.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #352

Quote:

MIP Driveshafts
Transmission gears
32 pitch spur and pinion

What do you think about the STRC stuff? Looks like its a few bucks cheaper than the VP titanium equivalents. Will it hold up as well?
Old 11-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #353
20K Club

Quote:
What do you think about the STRC stuff? Looks like its a few bucks cheaper than the VP titanium equivalents. Will it hold up as well?
Never used their stuff. The STRC stuff is about the same as stock. It only uses 3mm hardware and will not be nearly as strong as the larger threads with Revo sized rod ends, a huge upgrade in strength.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #354

Quote:
Never used their stuff. The STRC stuff is about the same as stock. It only uses 3mm hardware and will not be nearly as strong as the larger threads with Revo sized rod ends, a huge upgrade in strength.
Interesting about the strc products. I will have to get pictures when i get home but I am NOT happy at all with their steering linkage. I have tried several endlinks to to make it fit with the strc knuckles. The bar is simply to short. I had to swap the knuckles to opposite sides and use the "akerman" points. I emailed strc(since they dont have a phone number) and still have not got a response from a week ago. Just so i knew i wasnt crazy I took it to my LHS and they agree
Old 11-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #355
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Interesting about the strc products. I will have to get pictures when i get home but I am NOT happy at all with their steering linkage. I have tried several endlinks to to make it fit with the strc knuckles. The bar is simply to short. I had to swap the knuckles to opposite sides and use the "akerman" points. I emailed strc(since they dont have a phone number) and still have not got a response from a week ago. Just so i knew i wasnt crazy I took it to my LHS and they agree
I have STRC knuckles and I found the Stock Wraith steering bar to be too long.. Holy towed out batman !
Had to make my own Delrin link for now..
madkawi650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkawi650 View Post
I have STRC knuckles and I found the Stock Wraith steering bar to be too long.. Holy towed out batman !
Had to make my own Delrin link for now..
I should have been clear. I bought the STRC knuckles, c hubs and steering linkage. With those 3 the steering link is WAY to short which makes is toed way in
Old 11-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #357
Rock Crawler

Two words, Vanquish Products. I love there stuff, and they have great customer support. That's the reason I just placed another 400 dollar order with them last week.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #358
Rock Crawler

on the stock car ive read a good cheap mod is flipping the rear link mount and moving the shocks to the innermost holes.
why doesnt anyone mention flipping the front mounts ?
crazee horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #359
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazee horse View Post
on the stock car ive read a good cheap mod is flipping the rear link mount and moving the shocks to the innermost holes.
why doesnt anyone mention flipping the front mounts ?
Post 9 talks about flipping the mounts on the axle.

When people talk about the rear mount they are talking about the upper brace. The front does not have an option to flip the upper mount so easily.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #360
Rock Crawler

you truly are the wraith guru.
you got ont tattoo"d yet ?
crazee horse is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/323522-wraith-beginners-guide.html
Posted By For Type Date
need help with the torque twist on the wraith - RC Rock Crawlers & Scalers @ URC Forums This thread Refback 02-14-2013 09:16 PM
looking to buy a crawler. whats good? - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 12-16-2011 10:09 AM
RCCrawler.se • Visa trÃ¥d - Striiiker, Axial Wraith This thread Refback 12-08-2011 01:24 PM
RR Wraith By Rock (Star) - Pagina 2 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 12-03-2011 02:46 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 11-27-2011 03:27 PM
Nuovo Axial Wraith!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Pagina 70 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 11-22-2011 12:07 AM
KS Wraith This thread Refback 10-28-2011 05:21 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 10-27-2011 12:24 PM
RC Elétrico - o fórum de automodelismo elétrico! • Tópico: - Lançamento: Axial Wraith KIT This thread Refback 10-17-2011 05:52 PM
RC crawler guys - thinking about getting into the hobby - Page 4 - YotaTech Forums This thread Refback 10-15-2011 12:06 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 10-07-2011 08:40 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - Axial Wraith: Experiencias, comentarios y preparaciones. This thread Refback 10-04-2011 05:04 PM

Wraith Beginners Guide - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR-10 beginners problems mcmalta Electronics 10 11-29-2011 11:04 AM
beginners build firefighter1211 2.2 Scale Rigs 4 11-19-2010 09:44 PM
Beginners build mhuffman_81 EnRoute Berg 13 07-17-2009 05:42 PM
crawler for beginners farm__boy Newbie General 12 02-15-2009 02:07 PM
Beginners guide increasing your rigs sidewalling ability rockwerks General Crawlers 15 05-09-2007 06:26 PM