Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith Beginners Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #681
20K Club

Default Re: Wraith Beginners Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwraither View Post
Ok I'll look into it. Should I think about going brush less for speed then? I've heard a lot a of good things about the tekin brush less motors also axial makes a brush less system for the exo terra buggy I thought about dropping in it? Just a thought I have read this entire beginners guide and it has provided much useful information for any and all ideas I've got for my wraith
Yeah, that's pretty well covered in the motor and ESC guide. I'd read the first page of it.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Yeah, that's pretty well covered in the motor and ESC guide. I'd read the first page of it.
Ok cool. Random question where do I put pictures of my wraith up at? Can I throw them on this post or some other post? Trying to get input on it see if I'm going the right direction ya know what I mean lol
Speedwraither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #683

Never mind I looked harder I found it lol
Speedwraither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #684

Alot of good information in here, I want to completely modify a wraith but idk whether to build one from scratch or buy a new one and build it up from there. Any suggestions?
TonkaToyTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #685
Quarry Creeper

Hi Harley, I am going to update to Axial HD diff gears and also mount the RC4WD diff cover ARB design , this requires swapping the diff and reverse the motor turn compared to stock..

Since the HD gears are helical (sorry dunno the proper wording in English...) will they work properly while working in reverse??

I would appreciate very much your input on this...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
slimfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #686
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfire View Post
Hi Harley, I am going to update to Axial HD diff gears and also mount the RC4WD diff cover ARB design , this requires swapping the diff and reverse the motor turn compared to stock..

Since the HD gears are helical (sorry dunno the proper wording in English...) will they work properly while working in reverse??

I would appreciate very much your input on this...

Thanks!

I have never personally ran them backwards. I really doubt you will see any major issues.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #687

So if I put an axial 540 27t motor in leaving the esc and gearing stock would that overheat the motor and give me good crawling ability?
Rc Freak 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #688
Rock Stacker

I switched to an Axial 27T after frying the 20T. Burnt it up to with stock gears, crawling mostly.
powercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #689
RCC Addict

I've been using a tekin HD 35T with some good 2s lipos on stock gearing. It's been great, and I get 3hrs of ruin time with ~3500mah of power consumption. This is with the stock ae-2 esc.
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #690
Quarry Creeper

Hi Harley! Once more I would like to ask for your support about the wraith..... With regards to shocks mounting angle, could you tell me little bit about basic principles of the shocks mounting set up? I mean the upper fixing holes determine the inclination of the shocks, I am using droop kit by level 3 to lower the g point, in the rear I tend to have my shocks quite angled in the front I am forced to use the 'front' holes since I am using the Junfac piggyback shocks due to the room taken from the ext reservoir I cannot mount them in the rear holes as they would collide with the tube frame.... Question is how does the inclination of the shocks effect the dynamic and performance of the vehicle? I would appreciate your hint on this...... Thanks as usual!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #691
20K Club

The more your shocks are laid back the less effective their spring rate will be. Meaning you will have to use a harder spring to get the same effect. If you want to soften up the suspension then laying your shocks back will do this.

Also, laying your shocks back further from the vertical plane of the axle causes a "falling rate" meaning that the further up the axle travels the less and less effective the spring becomes. This is due to the angle of the shock will continually change.

That is the rough basics. It really depends on a lot of your vehicle parts selection and purpose.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #692
Quarry Creeper

That's clear enough! I will do some tests to find out what suits more my driving purposes. But would it make sense to have them more vertical on the axle which bears the more weight and more laid down on the axle with less weight ..... And to prevent side rolling I guess I would go for more vertical......how does it sounds ? I have front 3s 5000 front battery 415 gr, front wheels well loaded rear ones only little weight added, so mostly my wraith has weight distribution to the front, and I do mostly crawling...

Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #693
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfire View Post
That's clear enough! I will do some tests to find out what suits more my driving purposes. But would it make sense to have them more vertical on the axle which bears the more weight and more laid down on the axle with less weight ..... And to prevent side rolling I guess I would go for more vertical......how does it sounds ? I have front 3s 5000 front battery 415 gr, front wheels well loaded rear ones only little weight added, so mostly my wraith has weight distribution to the front, and I do mostly crawling...

For mostly crawling you will likely be in fine shape. When you start trying to mix go fast handling and crawling ability is when things start getting really tricky.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #694
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
For mostly crawling you will likely be in fine shape. When you start trying to mix go fast handling and crawling ability is when things start getting really tricky.
Well so far mostly crawling however I am waiting for an HH crawlmaster pro 13T to be delivered and I expect it will be much faster than my current motors (55t and 35T).... We'll see.... ;)
Lot to learn on my way... Thanks for your support!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #695

Thanks for taking the time to write this! A very informative piece of information.
gtrplaya101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #696
RCC Addict

Quote:
I run my BEC into the RX because it is a cleaner and easier option. I have ran the stock light unit at 7.2v without a problem. I am not sure on what Axial specs say though.
Just for the record, apparently axial has no specifications for the simple light controller.
I have been searching and searching for any info as I want to run 6.0V from a CC Pro BEC into the Rx for the purpose of running 3S as well....

If Harley says it will work, I'll try it.
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #697

Harley,

I want to first off thank you for taking the time to make something like this available to the wraith community. I bought a wraith as my first rc experience and have been looking for a place to provide thurough insight on some of the hopup parts available.

I do have a question when it come to the different manufactures of some of the popular wraith parts and the quality difference if any exists. I am looking to purchase new c hubs and knuckles is there a noticeable difference between vanquish and strc?

Thank you in advance for everyone's insight.
Fnbx07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #698
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnbx07 View Post
Harley,

I want to first off thank you for taking the time to make something like this available to the wraith community. I bought a wraith as my first rc experience and have been looking for a place to provide thurough insight on some of the hopup parts available.

I do have a question when it come to the different manufactures of some of the popular wraith parts and the quality difference if any exists. I am looking to purchase new c hubs and knuckles is there a noticeable difference between vanquish and strc?

Thank you in advance for everyone's insight.
There is noticeable fit and finish differences for sure. Also, Vanquish doesn't just reproduce all the stock parts in aluminum like STRC. They are an improved design in most cases. The Wraith knuckles from VP are very different than stock.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #699

Hey Harley.
I have a question about wiring my wraith. I picked up a mamba max pro 1 cell it has no internal BEC. Do I still need to pull the red wire? I have a CC BEC that is also getting installed.
ez00tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #700
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez00tj View Post
Hey Harley.
I have a question about wiring my wraith. I picked up a mamba max pro 1 cell it has no internal BEC. Do I still need to pull the red wire? I have a CC BEC that is also getting installed.
I do not believe pulling the wire will be needed.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/323522-wraith-beginners-guide.html
Posted By For Type Date
need help with the torque twist on the wraith - RC Rock Crawlers & Scalers @ URC Forums This thread Refback 02-14-2013 09:16 PM
looking to buy a crawler. whats good? - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 12-16-2011 10:09 AM
RCCrawler.se • Visa trÃ¥d - Striiiker, Axial Wraith This thread Refback 12-08-2011 01:24 PM
RR Wraith By Rock (Star) - Pagina 2 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 12-03-2011 02:46 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 11-27-2011 03:27 PM
Nuovo Axial Wraith!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Pagina 70 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 11-22-2011 12:07 AM
KS Wraith This thread Refback 10-28-2011 05:21 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 10-27-2011 12:24 PM
RC Elétrico - o fórum de automodelismo elétrico! • Tópico: - Lançamento: Axial Wraith KIT This thread Refback 10-17-2011 05:52 PM
RC crawler guys - thinking about getting into the hobby - Page 4 - YotaTech Forums This thread Refback 10-15-2011 12:06 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 10-07-2011 08:40 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - Axial Wraith: Experiencias, comentarios y preparaciones. This thread Refback 10-04-2011 05:04 PM

Wraith Beginners Guide - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR-10 beginners problems mcmalta Electronics 10 11-29-2011 11:04 AM
beginners build firefighter1211 2.2 Scale Rigs 4 11-19-2010 09:44 PM
Beginners build mhuffman_81 EnRoute Berg 13 07-17-2009 05:42 PM
crawler for beginners farm__boy Newbie General 12 02-15-2009 02:07 PM
Beginners guide increasing your rigs sidewalling ability rockwerks General Crawlers 15 05-09-2007 06:26 PM