Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith Beginners Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #941
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Wraith Beginners Guide

Hello Harley,

At first maybe i should write > Newbie general, but this thing be axial wraith. My be scx10 and i know it.
sorry my very bad english...i try and google translate bad.

Harley you wraith info very good, but i still need some help !
I am likely buy axial wraith poison spyder...RTR and i build a little at time fast "moto" cross - foff ?? car, but NOT too fast ! Little hard to know that a good !? ( my money little ).
I watch many youtube video and a must-have wraith !

My questions:

1. Act ( work ) axial AE-2 ESC >> 3S Lipo ? ( castle link ). Yes or Not.
2. What motor be fast and good axial AE-2 ESC speed control ? ( exsamples ).
3. axial AE-2 ESC speed control need > Castle BEC ? Yes or Not ( if yes, maybe i buy new speed control and motor )

OR

3. Or i buy immediately new speed control and motor ? Yes or not.
My scx10 be castle speed control and i like, but i do not have a self-adjusting castle link. ( Maybe the money ).

4. I read you wraith info and you tell Castle mamba max pro be good or be good to me ?

5. What motor visit wraith ? and be good "fast" wraith" and easy beninger ?
540 or 550 ? and brushed or Brusless ? ( exsamples ).

6. Or ESC / Motor Combos ? and what castle ?

7. other parts abouth known, maybe robinson racing one part unclear which one better.
8 Addendum question >> Robinson racing gear part:
this > rrp1551 Idler Gear Hardened Steel Wraith , but which of the wollowing better
this > rrp1552 Hardened Steel Bottom Diff Gear: Wraith
OR
this > rrp 1555 Hardened One Piece Steel Bottom Diff Gear:Wraith

I will not wait for the answers and
thanks in advance

Last edited by axsand; 06-04-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: i to add a question Robinson racing part and BEC
axsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #942
20K Club

Sorry, I don't really have time to go through all those questions right now.

Honestly, everything you asked here can be found by going through my Poison Spyder Wraith Budget build video series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsand View Post
Hello Harley,

At first maybe i should write > Newbie general, but this thing be axial wraith. My be scx10 and i know it.
sorry my very bad english...i try and google translate bad.

Harley you wraith info very good, but i still need some help !
I am likely buy axial wraith poison spyder...RTR and i build a little at time fast "moto" cross - foff ?? car, but NOT too fast ! Little hard to know that a good !? ( my money little ).
I watch many youtube video and a must-have wraith !

My questions:

1. Act ( work ) axial AE-2 ESC >> 3S Lipo ? ( castle link ). Yes or Not. Yes
2. What motor be fast and good axial AE-2 ESC speed control ? ( exsamples ).Check the motor and ESC guide, first page
3. axial AE-2 ESC speed control need > Castle BEC ? Yes or Not ( if yes, maybe i buy new speed control and motor ) Yes

OR

3. Or i buy immediately new speed control and motor ? Yes or not.
My scx10 be castle speed control and i like, but i do not have a self-adjusting castle link. ( Maybe the money ). No need to immediately replace the ESC

4. I read you wraith info and you tell Castle mamba max pro be good or be good to me ? It's a great ESC, not needed right away though

5. What motor visit wraith ? and be good "fast" wraith" and easy beninger ?
540 or 550 ? and brushed or Brusless ? ( exsamples ). SEe the motor and ESC guide.

6. Or ESC / Motor Combos ? and what castle ? Motor and ESC guide

7. other parts abouth known, maybe robinson racing one part unclear which one better. GO watch my Budget Build series

8 Addendum question >> Robinson racing gear part:
this > rrp1551 Idler Gear Hardened Steel Wraith , but which of the wollowing better
this > rrp1552 Hardened Steel Bottom Diff Gear: Wraith
OR
this > rrp 1555 Hardened One Piece Steel Bottom Diff Gear:Wraith
budget build covers this as well

I will not wait for the answers and
thanks in advance
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #943
Pebble Pounder

I installed a castle BEC for the first time yesterday. I set it to 6V with the castle link.
After set up was complete my AS-3 axial servo seemed to be a little louder than without the BEC. Started to do some light crawling everything was working fine. 5 minutes in the servo stops working and upon inspection the servo was very hot. Now I am afraid to run my new 7955TG not knowing for sure if there is something wrong with the BEC or my installation of it, or was it just to much voltage for the already weak servo?
Should I have been running the AS-3 at 4.8V ?
ChronicCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #944
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Sorry, I don't really have time to go through all those questions right now.

Honestly, everything you asked here can be found by going through my Poison Spyder Wraith Budget build video series.
OK. Sorry, but was forcet to ask my english very bad and difficult and slow to find and understand the issues.
But now i understand better..Google translate very bad.

Axial wraith RTR speed control be two motor cord red and black and motor work only 540 Brushed. I only find Holmes Hobbies 11T or 13T motor ( Fast ).

But thank you asnwer and i find you video...
Old 06-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #945
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicCrawler View Post
I installed a castle BEC for the first time yesterday. I set it to 6V with the castle link.
After set up was complete my AS-3 axial servo seemed to be a little louder than without the BEC. Started to do some light crawling everything was working fine. 5 minutes in the servo stops working and upon inspection the servo was very hot. Now I am afraid to run my new 7955TG not knowing for sure if there is something wrong with the BEC or my installation of it, or was it just to much voltage for the already weak servo?
LIkely that the servo was just tired or binding. I ran that servo at 6.0v until it wore out, that is a very standard voltage and won't hurt it.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:03 PM   #946
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Before you plug in another servo use your multimeter and verify that the bec is actually outputting 6v.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #947
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderwood View Post
Before you plug in another servo use your multimeter and verify that the bec is actually outputting 6v.
Thank you. I am going to do this. whats the best way to contact the bec with the multimeter?
Old 06-05-2014, 02:41 PM   #948
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thank you. I am going to do this. whats the best way to contact the bec with the multimeter?
You should be able to probe it right at the jst plug.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:04 PM   #949
Pebble Pounder

I bought a Hi-tek 7955TG hooked it up at 6v thru my BEC. Seemed to work fine except EPA needed adjustments. So i start crawling and soon as there is a little bit wheel resistance the servo forced itself all the way right to the point it was going to break something. So i unplugged it bought a servo programmer (HPP-21) set everything up and it was working again.

Round two
I put it on the rocks 2 minutes in it fails again and starts forcing to the right.
So i don't know whats wrong, not even a clue! Do i need to send it back or am i doing something wrong?
What makes a servo malfunction in this way?
Old 06-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #950

I noticed Asiatee's has appeared to borrow from this guide in regards to the transmission.
time2crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #951
Pebble Pounder

Right now I run the stock motor and a losi 12t, but i'm not getting the power i need. What would be a good motor and esc to run for a combination of bashing and crawling? (Budget friendly)
RaceMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #952
Rock Stacker

Aluminum Transmission and all gear parts:
be These true and good ( my wraith coming fast ).
I need soon transmission and all gear ! My wraith Spur broke
( motor 11T and plastic Spur broke )Act these parts ?

1.transmission gase > Hot Racing CNC 6061 Aluminum Center Transmission Case for the Axial Wraith

2.Hardened One Piece Steel Bottom Diff Gear 1555
3.Idler Gear Hardened Steel Wraith 1551
4.Slipper
Unit 80T 48p Steel Spur Gear: Wraith 1545

5.Good ! Motor plate >[/B]
Hot racing Black Super Size Heat Sink Motor Plate
OR
Axial Machined Motor Plate (Hard Anodized) [AXI30860]
OR
Vanquish Axial SCX10 Aluminum Gear Guard rc rock crawler

6.need ]still something transmission part ?? THIS > Axial 5x6.9x4.8mm transmission spacers axi30489

7. OR order this> supershafty Complete Bomb Proof WRAITH Trans (5mm OutPuts)

8.Else question >> why the engine does not stay in place ?! ( become a torsion / strain and then motor move ). HELP ? > Axial 3x10mm Cap Head Motor Mount Washers. axia1076 ?? or and beter motor plate?

I do not understand English very well...therefore, to ask
Thank you answer.
....well I state something...rush!

Last edited by axsand; 07-07-2014 at 07:01 AM. Reason: added and clarified the matter
Old 07-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #953
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsand View Post
Aluminum Transmission and all gear parts:
be These true and good ( my wraith coming fast ).
I need soon transmission and all gear ! My wraith Spur broke
( motor 11T and plastic Spur broke )Act these parts ?

1.transmission gase > Hot Racing CNC 6061 Aluminum Center Transmission Case for the Axial Wraith

2.Hardened One Piece Steel Bottom Diff Gear 1555
3.Idler Gear Hardened Steel Wraith 1551
4.Slipper
Unit 80T 48p Steel Spur Gear: Wraith 1545

5.Good ! Motor plate >[/B]
Hot racing Black Super Size Heat Sink Motor Plate
OR
Axial Machined Motor Plate (Hard Anodized) [AXI30860]
OR
Vanquish Axial SCX10 Aluminum Gear Guard rc rock crawler

6.need ]still something transmission part ?? THIS > Axial 5x6.9x4.8mm transmission spacers axi30489

7. OR order this> supershafty Complete Bomb Proof WRAITH Trans (5mm OutPuts)

8.Else question >> why the engine does not stay in place ?! ( become a torsion / strain and then motor move ). HELP ? > Axial 3x10mm Cap Head Motor Mount Washers. axia1076 ?? or and beter motor plate?

I do not understand English very well...therefore, to ask
Thank you answer.
....well I state something...rush!
It seems that you're on the right track so far, those questions can be found all over the forums if you simply search it. If the motor is moving around then it could just be that you didn't tighten it all the way, say if you did then use some Blue lock tight so that won't happen again and the motor will stay in place. There is no need replacing the motor plate, the stock one will work very well and I have had the stock motor plate on my brushless wraith for three years now and the motor stays right where it should. To build a BOMBPROOF transmission you will need all of the R.R. gears and the Hot Racing alum case, other than that the aluminum gear cover is not that needed..the stock plastic case will work just fine. Good luck with your wraith
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:00 AM   #954
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial 4x4 crawler View Post
It seems that you're on the right track so far, those questions can be found all over the forums if you simply search it. If the motor is moving around then it could just be that you didn't tighten it all the way, say if you did then use some Blue lock tight so that won't happen again and the motor will stay in place. There is no need replacing the motor plate, the stock one will work very well and I have had the stock motor plate on my brushless wraith for three years now and the motor stays right where it should. To build a BOMBPROOF transmission you will need all of the R.R. gears and the Hot Racing alum case, other than that the aluminum gear cover is not that needed..the stock plastic case will work just fine. Good luck with your wraith
Thank you answer !
Me coming soon parts > robinson racing and hot racing.
therefore, to ask when wraith a lot of very kind than scx10 and wraith parts be this and that and who recommended this and that.
I do not know very well English and google translate bad.

Here could be a list of different transmission parts options and grear !
( 48P and 32P )
example 1. fast wraith and 2. cralwer wraith.
Vanquish part
Hot racing part

certainly a need for information ?!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #955

I am slowly going through your posts on the Wraith and I wanted to tell you I appreciate the time you have put into them! They are a big help in deciding which truck to get started in this hobby with!
Twinhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:55 AM   #956

wow, this is going to be a great thread, lots of information, but going to take a while to read through it all

thanks
Hay Ewe
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #957

Great info thanks for all you do on the forums!
dresven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #958

Default Fpv Rock Crawling with the Wraith

This is a video of me rock crawling with my new fpv setup, thought you guys might like to see it.

FPV Rock Crawling Axial Wraith - YouTube
Jerodhelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #959

Fantastic info thanks Harley!
306Wraithcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #960
Rock Stacker

This is such an awesome post....
Geck0Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/323522-wraith-beginners-guide.html
Posted By For Type Date
need help with the torque twist on the wraith - RC Rock Crawlers & Scalers @ URC Forums This thread Refback 02-14-2013 09:16 PM
looking to buy a crawler. whats good? - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 12-16-2011 10:09 AM
RCCrawler.se • Visa trÃ¥d - Striiiker, Axial Wraith This thread Refback 12-08-2011 01:24 PM
RR Wraith By Rock (Star) - Pagina 2 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 12-03-2011 02:46 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 11-27-2011 03:27 PM
Nuovo Axial Wraith!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Pagina 70 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 11-22-2011 12:07 AM
KS Wraith This thread Refback 10-28-2011 05:21 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 10-27-2011 12:24 PM
RC Elétrico - o fórum de automodelismo elétrico! • Tópico: - Lançamento: Axial Wraith KIT This thread Refback 10-17-2011 05:52 PM
RC crawler guys - thinking about getting into the hobby - Page 4 - YotaTech Forums This thread Refback 10-15-2011 12:06 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 10-07-2011 08:40 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - Axial Wraith: Experiencias, comentarios y preparaciones. This thread Refback 10-04-2011 05:04 PM

Wraith Beginners Guide - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR-10 beginners problems mcmalta Electronics 10 11-29-2011 11:04 AM
beginners build firefighter1211 2.2 Scale Rigs 4 11-19-2010 09:44 PM
Beginners build mhuffman_81 EnRoute Berg 13 07-17-2009 05:42 PM
crawler for beginners farm__boy Newbie General 12 02-15-2009 02:07 PM
Beginners guide increasing your rigs sidewalling ability rockwerks General Crawlers 15 05-09-2007 06:26 PM