Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Trazh's Wraith Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Trazh's Wraith Build

The hilux body look sweet! Nice build!
509hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

I got around to making some changes today. Really wanted to focus on getting the servo swapped out but a distraction shipped to me from none other than BGR fab. So I got straight to work to fit this cage in. Damn, I still need to install the servo though.

Trazhcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #83
Quarry Creeper

New servo is installed!!! I finally got this thing out on the tester rocks at my house and some trail running on Bear Creek Trail. Now for some gearing questions to you all. I am running a 3s lipo. I have an rc4wd 35t motor. I was running an 80t Robinson slipper with 17t spur. This motor is running hot! I fried it yesterday on the tester rocks. I have an 88t Robinson slipper ready to go and was thinking dropping to a 14 to 15 pinion. I have another 35t ready to go in it. Was going to try this option. I have read over several gearing posts on here and really found no specific answer to my gearing issues. Just wondering if I am wasting time on trying to gear for this motor. I would like to stick with this motor though due to the price of it and can replace it for cheap as this will be a trailing rig with rock crawling involved also. I also have a tekin 55t sitting around but never liked the wheel speed but that may be fldifferent now that I am using 3s lipo. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Just came across this...very nice! I like the silver and blue together. Wish I could help you with gearing, but I just finished mine and hasn't been outside yet and iv'e already changed motors 4 times (all brushless-sensored and unsensored) and now have an axial 55T brushed on the way to try on 3s. I always start with low gearing and then adjust from there. On 48P, I start at 14/93...32P 12/60. Stock ring/pinion in diffs. Hey, if you ever thought of red with black...

photo Wraith009_zpse65b2ff8.jpg
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I have! I am going with that color scheme on my ifs exo build to a sct. I would be careful with the axial 55t on 3s. Thanks for the gearing suggestions. I just wonder if these closed bell RC4WD motors just don't like the extra voltage. I will find out once I try the new gearing but if that doesn't work out I may need to go to a higher dollar brushed open bell motor. Sweet rig man!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazhcan View Post
Yeah I have! I am going with that color scheme on my ifs exo build to a sct. I would be careful with the axial 55t on 3s. Thanks for the gearing suggestions. I just wonder if these closed bell RC4WD motors just don't like the extra voltage. I will find out once I try the new gearing but if that doesn't work out I may need to go to a higher dollar brushed open bell motor. Sweet rig man!
I'm also gonna try a 1650Kv BL motor just to see. It's like im trying to find something to make it crawl great yet tear it up when the mood strikes. It's beginning to cost me a fortune in motors trying to figure this out!!
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

I just geared up to a Robinson 88t spur and left the 17t pinion and have no motor heat issues. Might go up in pinion to 20 or down to 15 for more torque. I took it out for several test runs. One of them being A-basin parking lot (the beach). It performed great there with all the ruts and water along with a mixture of gravel, dirt, and snowy scale mountains. I also took it to a different section of red rocks and got some good action shots.

However, I am learning real fast that servos are the Bain of my rc existence when it comes to trailing and crawling. I fried my second servo today in this thing. I don't get it I have followed medics ways for waterproofing but wonder if its something to relate to the bec I have in line. Maybe a wise decision to just swap the bec and use the servo sitting in my parts bin. These are all the same exact servo with 284oz of torque with 7.2v running to them. They are rated to 7.4v. I get nothing on them even after unplugging all power and resetting. I will post some pics soon. Feel free to chime in on my servo dilemma and help a guy out with a good mod to high end servo, especially one that I can either waterproof really well or comes waterproofed! Later guys!!!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Now I have the BGR front stinger bumper, BGR KOH rear cage with stinger bumper, and the BGR rock sliders. This guy knows what he is doing and makes a great product, Thanks again BGR Fabrications!

Old 05-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Here are some good pics at Red Rocks!

Old 05-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Here is some good pics at Bear Creek!

Old 06-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for all the comments guys, it really means alot. If you have any questions or comments feel free to write. I have been wheeling this thing and have found more great sports. Here are some pics from Cherry Creek. This is a great place to wheel and one of the best only 10 minutes from where I live. Only better places I have found to drive are in the mountains!

Old 06-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Old 06-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #93
Rock Crawler

I see you have the HR diff covers. Just watch it with hitting rocks on them. They are thinly made an don't do well getting hit hard. I had them too an had to get a new one for the front. I ended up getting ST Racing one where its much thicker.

STRC Ver.2 CNC Machined Alum. HD Diff Cover for Axial Wraith (Gun Metal) this is the one i got.
wheelhead4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #94
Quarry Creeper

I noticed that as soon as I got them. I couldn't believe how thin they were and would be embarrassed as a manufacturer. That's alright, thanks for the heads up, no problems yet but they will get replaced if damaged. I am having to replace the plastic front bumper supports with some rc4wd ones already.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

It's Been a while but I have been running this rig alot. Things have happened and it all drew to a head of having to install a few new things. Here are a few pics of the tragedies and the upgrades. I striped a pinion gear, fried a motor, fried a servo, broke a frame rail, bent the front and rear stinger bumpers, and striped the bead lock screw holes in my rear passenger wheel.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper

The Upgrades

Old 08-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Repairs all done and have been to 3 comps with it now. I also took Loveland Pass and hiked all over the place

Old 08-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Looks like you've got yourself an awesome rig there and some very cool places to drive!
DrewHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

good thread to read through!
2manyprojects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:55 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Just wanted to post a pic up here to show everybody how he is doing!

Trazh's Wraith Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 Wraith build rckjeep Axial Wraith 25 07-07-2012 02:47 AM
New Wraith Build Savage121 Axial Wraith 1 06-03-2012 02:03 PM
My Wraith Build acesal Axial Wraith 29 05-02-2012 09:59 PM
My First build the wraith redneckrampage Axial Wraith 5 04-18-2012 09:44 PM
Wraith build pwrwgn2000 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 10-17-2011 07:27 AM