Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Father and son wraith spawn's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2015, 03:41 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Father and son wraith spawn's

this is at about 2 really thick coats all they way around. curing now so in 2 day s I will do another thick coat and that should be it by next weekend It should be ready to try out.
decided to strip down the castle bec and coat that as well too.
mrhobby100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2015, 03:43 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

CASTLE BEC
first coat you can barely tell its there except for the shine.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:39 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

electronics are working great wanted to make sure nothing was gonna short or overheat after being coated and its all good so onto some water driving next. Also another round of parts are coming in so stay tuned for some new updates on a few new items that I am gonna try. Some have just come out.

The brushed stuff that I waterproofed went to the lil man.

Holmes Hobby puller pro 540xl waterproof brushless motor and waterproof mamba max pro on the way. 3s this is gonna be a beast.

Ordered the DMG axial trans spacer to fit the big motor without grinding my rear shock mount like everybody else has been doing.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 03-21-2015 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:48 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

some new items from hobby people. I think they have some good quality stuff. 40th anniversary piano black MT-4s, MX-V, another waterproof receiver for the mx-v as a backup,2s batteries for the controllers, shock oil to tune my kings, and the new (larger body) king shocks. these ARE NOT the slash shocks they are larger than the slash kings by a tiny bit and are made for scale rigs. So now you can have different body diameters on your shocks and I have messed with tuning and they actually work pretty well see how they do after a few trail miles. I got 4 kings but got excited so only 2 made it in the pic.
Airtronics has also come out with a waterproof receiver for the high end radios like my mt-4s so I am gonna sell the 2 limited edition racing receivers that came with the 40th anniversary controller on the EBAY to get some money back and get a waterproof 4 channel receiver.

*****or if anybody here on rccrawler wants a brand new special edition 4 channel airtronics receiver for cheap message me.************
my kit came with 2 of the limited receivers

Last edited by mrhobby100; 03-21-2015 at 01:40 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:26 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

More parts came in the mail today mostly for my son but I did snag a silver currie front axle while they were outta stock (pays to know somebody who can call vp and get a favor)(CKRC IS THE SHIT!!!!!!) gonna rebuild the rigs over the next weekend my holmes brushless 540xl motor should be here by wed. Gonna be a beast

as you can tell my son likes the black parts and I like the silver keeps us from bumming off each others parts. hahahaha
THESE ARE GONNA BE SOME SERIOUS RIGS HERE SOON!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mrhobby100; 03-27-2015 at 01:46 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Got my Holmes Hobbies stuff today and pretty upset. Paid for deans connections to be soldered onto my items. I called and specifically talked to John Holmes and asked that they DO NOT CONNECT THE BEC TO THE ESC I run 2 batteries. Well guess what they did. They connected my bec and esc together like I asked them not to do. Now I have to de solder my components go buy a deans connector for the bec and resolder everything back together after I paid for the soldering service. What a damn waste of money to pay somebody to make more work for me.

The lil man is not gonna be happy he thought we were going crawling today after work now I gotta get off work to do some more work.

After more inspection the sensor wire that comes with the holmes hobbies 540xl puller pro is so short its to short unless your esc is right next to the motor like a yeti but the wires on the motor are a mile long. Won't work on my wraith with the esc up front.

Anybody know where I can get a longer sensor wire. I really don't want to have my rig down for another week after I waited for the electronics to show so I can go crawl this weekend.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 03-27-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:53 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Great looking rigs!!! And if your hobby people is like the one by me they should have an 8 inch sensor wire if thats long enough.
iacdmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:49 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I called john at holmes hobbies and he just updated the site with 10" and 14" sensore wires.
hobbypeople by me was out of anything longer than 7.5"

He said everybody has been asking to have the bec and esc connected and someone accidentaly connected them and didn't realize I had not asked for it. Whatever that's why I have my own soldering equipment for when shit like this happens.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 03-27-2015 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:42 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

this doesn't look like shit to most people but to us rc car guys you know this is a lil pile of VP/RC4WD GOLD.

Some major parts assembly was going down the wife loves walking past the spare room and seeing me sitting on the floor in the middle of and RC CAR PARTS EXPLOSION playing like a lil kid. I ****ing love it!!!

Last edited by mrhobby100; 03-27-2015 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

This is the most expensive rc axle I have ever built in any scale every Vanquish part made for the front of a wraith plus a 400oz waterproof servo, HD gears and RC4WD king shocks (larger body)!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't eve notice till it showed up but the colors of the servo match my rig. the blue is the same as the shocks and the silver blends right in with the silver currie axle. hahahaha I didn't even plan that.

got 3 more currie axles to build. No cms on this truck its gonna be a hard core basher and I want to get as much articulation while keeping it kinda low.

the servo is so dope.. Best servo I have ever bought will probably never use anything else. It has special chips in it so that when you are at neutral it holds the steering perfectly still with all the rated turning torque and it being brushless sometimes their noisy at neutral and it has a chip that when holding at neutral it doesn't make any noise like a traditional brushless servo.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 03-28-2015 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Ok so the holmes hobbies 540xl which is a 550 motor doesn't match up with the super shafty trans for the wraith. On the Super shafty trans the space between the back of the spur gear and the motor plate is very close which doesn't give much adjustment for the pinion so I replaced the spacers between the trans and motor plate for smaller ones which in a sense moved the plate and motor back making it seem like the spur gear sits farther out like on the original axial trans. Now the pinion and spur match up perfectly.

Also as most of you know you cannot put a 550 motor straight into a wraith without grinding the hell out of the one upper link mounts by the back of the motor and in my opinion making the mount weaker. Defeats the purpose of moding to put a bigger stronger motor if you weaken the suspension mount in the process. Well DMG makes a axial trans spacer kit that comes with 2 different sized spacers to fit a 550 motor into a wraith works freakin perfect I love it. No modification
needed.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 03-28-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:20 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

been knocking out connections all day. switches power adapters and jst plugs on all thel ight bars. my eyes hurt from 5 hrs of soldering.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:47 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Holy crap the Holmes 540xl puller pro motor is so crazy. I foresee a lot of broken drivetrain parts!!! Wraith will do a backflip from a stand still if you slam the throttle. Mud runs are gonna be fun thing is so fast its gonna just skim across the top of the mud.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:17 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Rigs are all back together and doin great shake down run was more of a shake screws loose run for me with this new motor. I put loctite on what i thought was all the necessary screws but i was wrong. Got to do a wide open tun With the new holmes 540xl and its so fun. Top speed runs are meant for straight aways only. Hahaha
Old 04-05-2015, 01:27 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Those are some great looking rigs you and your son have
ribaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:41 AM   #56
Rock Stacker

How do you like those VP KMC Rockstar wheels? I think they look great.
mikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:54 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

They are pretty nice my son loves them. I really like my methods but they are a pain in the ass to mount tires to. The KMC rockstars are designed a lil different and the beadlock screw is a lil more exposed in the back but they are way easier to mount a tire to and my son has never pulled a bead. I have the carter fab true cans on them .

ALSO BROKE MY PLASTIC SERVO EARS ON MY BRAND NEW SERVO. MY FAULT CLIPPED A ROCK AT WIDE OPEN THROTTLE GETTING EXCITED AND JUMPING IT AT FULL SPEED. I am gonna tryand find a place to make me aluminum top case's for the xpert rc servo's.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 04-06-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Rigs did great that holmes 540xl motor is so smooth I had no problems crawling anywhere. and I even did a lil high speed bash session. The motor did perfect the whole time never got more than a few degrees above ambient temperature. we didn't break anything or have any problems on the trail. I happy that these rigs are at a point where they will take a long hard trail run with no issues.

Last edited by mrhobby100; 04-12-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:59 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Dead Rabbits poker run was awesome!!!! Lil man had so much fun he was talking about it the whole way home. Won himself some prizes!!!!!
Old 04-12-2015, 04:18 PM   #60

How did mount the light bar in the chassis? Can you post a pic please? Thanks.
submariner21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Father and son wraith spawn's - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Father & Son Crawling Crawl Space Chit Chat 20 06-16-2014 08:23 AM
xr-10 father and son project. bert8975 Newbie General 3 03-01-2013 12:13 PM
father & son yotas zonkerd Axial SCX-10 14 08-21-2012 05:46 PM
Father-Son: Project Truggy Crawln Coles 2.2 Scale Rigs 28 08-04-2008 07:58 PM
father and son project chino438 Chit Chat 5 10-29-2007 07:29 PM